TKR Post-Op in Tel Aviv, Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your advice and encouragement to the new knees is so important; they hit that "tired of recovery wall" after several months

Just wanted to say thanks @bassplayer and Elisea for taking the time to post your words of encouragement. I am hardly a newbie at nearly 12 months post op, but still struggling. The longer it goes on the more I tend to think `I will never get there'. So its such a tonic to hear from others who did finally make it. Carol
 
Just wanted to say thanks @bassplayer and Elisea for taking the time to post your words of encouragement. I am hardly a newbie at nearly 12 months post op, but still struggling. The longer it goes on the more I tend to think `I will never get there'. So its such a tonic to hear from others who did finally make it. Carol

Glad to hear my words helped you, Carol. Everyone's recovery is different, and it can be difficult feeling that you are "behind" the others. I think it's important to focus on your own improvement. I actually kept a list going for quite some time, and it included even trivial achievements, but they meant a lot to me. I would read it over when I was feeling discouraged, and be pleasantly surprised each time at the progress I had made.
 
I actually kept a list going for quite some time,

Its good advice - looking after your head is nearly as important as looking after your knee. One day I hope to be able to come back to BS and do just what you have - say how well I am doing and give encouragement to others. Carol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom