Guest viewing is limited

TKR Post-Op in Tel Aviv, Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the nurse found the staple, boy that could of been trouble if left in. Glad to hear you are doing better. I came close to overdoing it yesterday so taking a easy today. Keep us posted. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
My "gentle hard work" paid off! I've been doing gentle stretching for over a week, trying to improve my 30° ROM. My PT was away for a week and today we had a session. He was impressed! He said I got to about 70° already! Hooray! Gentle stretching works!! :) :dancy: :yay: :egypdance:

The truth is I was very worried...so relieved!

Wow, that is awesome, I am so glad to hear it. It is true, time and patience will do it, you increased by 40 degrees, you are the proof!
 
I'm glad the nurse found the staple, boy that could of been trouble if left in. Glad to hear you are doing better. I came close to overdoing it yesterday so taking a easy today. Keep us posted. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:

No Tashia, the nurse DIDN'T find it, I did! The nurse was careless and left 2 staples in which the doctor came and removed. A scandal really.
 
Here's a question that's got me worried. How can I know when I don't need the Tramadex? It's a one-time-a-day prolonged release tablet. I'm afraid not to take it, but on the other hand maybe I don't need it any more and can get by with Optalgin and paracetamol. Any suggestions?

By the way I need the Optalgin and paracetamol usually twice a day in addition to the Tramadex at this point.
 
Hey bassplayer, how are you doing? :) Middle of the night here and another sleepless night for me! :sigh:
I don't know those particular medications but have you tried tapering off slowly? Hmmmm..... I thought there was an article in the Library about tapering off and how to do it but can't seem to find it at the moment.
 
Hey bassplayer, how are you doing? :) Middle of the night here and another sleepless night for me! :sigh:
I don't know those particular medications but have you tried tapering off slowly? Hmmmm..... I thought there was an article in the Library about tapering off and how to do it but can't seem to find it at the moment.

Yes I am aware of the concept of tapering off. It's hard to do with a pill you take once a day...I don't want to skip a whole day if I'm not ready for it.
 
Hmmm..... I thought with a once a day pill you slowly increased the times between when you took it when tapering off? So that you aren't skipping it entirely but increasing the times between when you do take it.
 
Hmmm..... I thought with a once a day pill you slowly increased the times between when you took it when tapering off? So that you aren't skipping it entirely but increasing the times between when you do take it.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not sure that's the best way to go with a time release pill. It takes a bit of time to kick in, and I wouldn't want to end up with an oddball daily time like 3 am for example.
 
It's good to hear you're doing so well, bassplayer. You're an example of both not expecting both knees to be the same and gentle work paying off. Can't help you on the time release issue as I didn't have that kind of med.:scratch:
 
Sorry I can't help with the meds either since I basically took nothing except Tylenol/Advil. But it's a good sign that you're thinking of cutting back. Hope you have a great weekend.
 
Aww bassplayer, I hope you get your meds sorted out. Since we had our knees done on the same day I am wondering if you have a date for your 6 week check up yet. I went today and luckily I can get these dreaded elastic stockings off :egypdance:I couldn't wait and took them off in the hospital ! I can also drive if I feel "confident" - so I am going to start by taking my daughter to school on Monday which is about a 5 minute drive only. Hopefully I will be ok.
My ROM is not too good either, probably about 90 but since I have to have the other knee done also and its bent, my operated knee is also bent and wont straighten out properly until both have been done. I am soooooo not looking forward to going through it all again but on the other hand I am looking forward to getting it all behind me and having two good knees to work on.
For the record I am not on any pain relief and haven't been for a couple of weeks, only Naproxen which I was taking before my op anyway for the arthritis and sometimes I take a co-dydramel at night to help me sleep.
I hope you get your meds sorted and well done for improving your ROM by 40% :yay: thats brilliant !! It just goes to show that "gently does it" is the way to go.
Love to all
Viv xx
 
Randi said:
Sorry I can't help with the meds either since I basically took nothing except Tylenol/Advil. But it's a good sign that you're thinking of cutting back. Hope you have a great weekend.

I had tried that "cocktail" but the Advil didn't agree with me. You have a great weekend too! :)
 
Hi bassplayer,
Maybe you could try talking to the pharmacist. Tell him what you want to do and ask what he/she suggests.
Did you ever get your work space issues figured out?
 
Coniglietta said:
Aww bassplayer, I hope you get your meds sorted out. Since we had our knees done on the same day I am wondering if you have a date for your 6 week check up yet. I went today and luckily I can get these dreaded elastic stockings off :egypdance:I couldn't wait and took them off in the hospital ! I can also drive if I feel "confident" - so I am going to start by taking my daughter to school on Monday which is about a 5 minute drive only. Hopefully I will be ok.
My ROM is not too good either, probably about 90 but since I have to have the other knee done also and its bent, my operated knee is also bent and wont straighten out properly until both have been done. I am soooooo not looking forward to going through it all again but on the other hand I am looking forward to getting it all behind me and having two good knees to work on.
For the record I am not on any pain relief and haven't been for a couple of weeks, only Naproxen which I was taking before my op anyway for the arthritis and sometimes I take a co-dydramel at night to help me sleep.
I hope you get your meds sorted and well done for improving your ROM by 40% :yay: thats brilliant !! It just goes to show that "gently does it" is the way to go.
Love to all
Viv xx

Hi Viv, good to hear from you. I have my 6-week checkup on Thursday - guess you had yours early! Good luck with the driving! We'll see what the doctor says about me. At the moment I feel like I am not yet ready but that may change, as so many things do in this long recovery. Great that you're off the meds, but are you really ok? It's very early in the game still.

I know what you mean about facing the next TKR but getting on with your life is so important. You will get through this one and the next! And you'll have a better life when all's said and done.

Oh by the way I'm walking with a cane in the house for the last few days. :)
 
Morning Glory said:
Hi bassplayer,
Maybe you could try talking to the pharmacist. Tell him what you want to do and ask what he/she suggests.
Did you ever get your work space issues figured out?

Guess I'll just ask my family doctor; it's easy enough to reach him. Regarding work, I ended up using the computer chair on wheels at the big table. The real problem ended being my inability to focus and my exhaustion and need for many breaks. I'm going to ease into it more slowly - no choice.
 
Hi Bassplayer!
Glad you are doing ok. Have you sorted out the medication? Thanks for sharing about the wheeled chair. I have been thinking about it, and thought that it may be safer to trade my wheeled desk chair to a non-wheeled chair. I've fallen so many time (one reason for deciding to do this) that I am petrified to fall post op.
Take care. Wishing you happy knees.
 
Hi Bassplayer!
Glad you are doing ok. Have you sorted out the medication? Thanks for sharing about the wheeled chair. I have been thinking about it, and thought that it may be safer to trade my wheeled desk chair to a non-wheeled chair. I've fallen so many time (one reason for deciding to do this) that I am petrified to fall post op.
Take care. Wishing you happy knees.

Here's what I did. Until I was feeling stable, I turned the wheeled chair around with its back to the table when I wanted to sit down. This way it had nowhere to go and didn't roll when I was sitting down. Then I simply turned it around in order to work at the computer. Hope this idea helps. In a way it can be good to be on wheels if you need to reach let's say a phone that's a bit out of reach. But if you feel too unstable I'd say go with a wheel-less chair at first.
 
Hi again bassplayer, yes my check up was a few days early but after 5 and half weeks of wearing those tight elasticated stockings it was a blessing. I have not been on any pain relief for a while now, there is the "healing pain" and lots of niggles and sparkly feelings and clunks and clicks now and again, but no real debilitating pain.
My surgeon told me I wont get a straight leg until the left knee is done and he demonstrated why by standing up and showing me one of his legs bent and the other straight, I thought he looked funny but then I suppose I must do to others :rolleyes:. Nevermind he did reassure me that my ROM will continue to improve which is great news.
Hope everyone is feeling good, I had an amazing sleep last night with no elasticated stockings on :sleep: and after my shower got into a clean bed (up to now I have been sleeping on top) and the coolness of the sheets felt sooooo good.:)
Love to all,
Viv xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom