Guest viewing is limited

THR post hip replacement pain

@Ian C, I’m sorry you are in such pain. There were times when I just couldn’t get comfortable, and I was unable to sleep for it. Sending you good thoughts and prayers for some relief while you wait. I know 6 weeks cannot pass fast enough.

Last year someone on Bonesmart advised me to take some Magnesium. It actually helps to calm you as well as help to keep your bodily functions moving normally, including tummy problems from pain pills. I also take iron every day to keep my blood count up.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks Mscant for your kind comments I'll look at taking some magnesium but at the moment I'm taking enough morphine to calm my whole family but I will give it a try and as you say the 6 weeks will soon pass


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
After my last appointment with my revision surgeon I have gone over the comments he made regarding my both hip replacements. He has agreed the right one needs revision and is going to change the cup and maybe the stem and maybe straighten it , he pointed out the right hip was shorter than the left and you can see from my X-ray they have used 2 different size stems can anyone give any reason why they would have used different sizes but still cut my femur at the same place on each one resulting in one leg 20mm longer than the other unless it was a total cock up.I have added a photo of my latest X-ray.
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171008_14d17cb1ea3284c7b20f8ba846240d46.jpg



Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Josephine better to answer your X-ray questions, I think. I had hip pain medication just didn't touch. Would quit talking, then take, suppose when exhausted they did go ahead and knock me out at some point.
Hang in there...future will be much brighter.
 
He has agreed the right one needs revision and is going to change the cup and maybe the stem
Just as well because from your xray, the right stem looks loose!
he pointed out the right hip was shorter than the left and you can see from my X-ray they have used 2 different size stems can anyone give any reason why they would have used different sizes but still cut my femur at the same place on each one
That's not an uncommon thing because the size of the stem can vary both in width and length. It could be as simple as how the surgeon reamed out the shaft. That's what usually dictates the size of the stem but generally it doesn't matter that much. After all, the right stem is set a bit higher in the bone than the left which would/should compensate.
 
Thanks Josephine & Mojo


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Hi @Ian C, just read your posts, and what a long road it's been for you. I have all the sympathy and regard for you. I tell people who ask me about or feel sorry about my hip replacement that it's like childbirth. At the end (of the pregnancy) you hurt so much, you can't wait to have the baby. Likewise I couldn't wait for a new hip! And after my first surgery resulted in trouble, I knew there was only one way out. :)

Here's to looking forward!!

Good luck.
Ashley

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Ashley I’ll get there in the end [emoji2][emoji2]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wishing you the best @Ian C
I just read your thread and it's been a long haul.
Hopefully an end is in sight.
To brighter days......please keep us posted.
 
Just got my date for REVISION surgery 16th October which is only 9 days away , now I’m over the shock looking forward to hopefully get sorted once and for all.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow, Ian C, that's very soon. Maybe a stop to the madness! Get it done and make sure to share details when you can.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
 
I'm happy for you @Ian C
You can finally get this behind you and move forward.
Wishing for you a sense of contentment as you await the 9th.
Prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.
 
That’s great news. It will be here before you know it, and you can begin to get your life back!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
:yay: Come on surgery. Time to start getting better.
Warm wishes.:SUNsmile:
 
Well done on getting a very short wait time. We are with you through this @Ian C . Sounds like you are in good hands with this surgeon. Get it done and get on with living again!
 
Thanks Jaycey hopefully sort me out once and for all


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I believe, Ian . You will have to be a very patient guy sitting recovery, promise?
Your recovery story will inspire others who had a rough start.:cheers:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom