Guest viewing is limited

THR post hip replacement pain

Well done @Ian C ! He is a busy guy - so glad you are in his diary. Please keep us updated.
 
Good news @Ian C , appreciate your relaxed approach. Seems you're in excellent hands with Mr Kay, must say the first guy in the pics looks rather suspect :snork:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been referred to Mr Kay got to keep my fingers crossed he is available without too much of a delay otherwise I might end up with an alternative surgeon in his team [emoji2][emoji2]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad to hear you managed to get the Prof - he is Head of NHS England for Orthopaedics now, so has reduced time in surgery. Great guy - think you will be very happy with him. I was also very pleased with Wrightington - I found the care there to be excellent. Hope you don't have to wait too long -average wait there is 18 wks for NHS but Peter Kay may be a little longer as he seems to be in demand unsurprisingly!
Diane
 
Hopefully get sorted just after my holiday in August , just have to keep taking the painkillers until then [emoji2][emoji2]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I might end up with an alternative surgeon in his team
Two tips:
1. when you get the appointment, ring the ortho department and check that you are definitely scheduled to see him and not any body else
2. when you get to the hospital, again check that you are assigned to see him and not a 'Fellow' or a a registrar.

If in either case you get a negative, press the point that you need to see him specifically as your case is complex.
 
I will do Josephine thanks for the advice.
I hope you are well [emoji2][emoji2]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
P.s. Is my case complex or am trying to beef it up a bit?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Finally got an appointment with Professor Peter Kaye for consultation to sort out my failed THR [emoji2][emoji2]
need to be out of pain [emoji853][emoji853]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's good news. I am more than happy with the care at Wrightington, Professor Kay wasn't my surgeon but a fellow patient spoke highly of his understanding and surgical skills - you'll be in safe hands.
 
Just phoned to confirm my appointment and not seeing the main man himself (Peter Kaye) but one of his team Mr Nagy has anyone had any experience of him?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Ian,
I was seen by a surgeon (Mr Shah) on my consultants (Mr Gambhir) team at outpatients for examination, history and review of XRays prior to my RTHR. Mr Gambhir was in clinic, consulted with by Mr Shah, and a decision was agreed by the 3 of us as to prosthesis. As I'm a "straightforward " case, THR needed due to osteoarthritis and good recovery from LTHR I agreed Mr Shah could do the R hip however Mr Gambhir was overseeing. Perhaps Professor Kaye will be in clinic and as you are a more complex case you could ask if the the Prof can do the surgery?
Have to say all the staff at Wrightington were very caring and communicated well.
Good luck
Elaine
 
Hi Elaine
I will ask if he can but according to his secretary he is not at the hospital very often ,ill see what happens at my appointment.

Cheers Ian


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Ian C the consultant will check with Peter Kaye if his expertise is needed. It's good you are being treated by someone in his group. Voice any concerns you have. I am sure they will address them for you.
 
Hi @Ian C ,
From memory, think Peter Kay operates at Wrightington on Mondays and Thursdays. He is in London a lot doing his NHS England job. When is your appt? If you look at the Professor's website, it tells you when he holds his various clinics.
Hope all goes well,
Diane
 
Hi Diane
My appointment is this Friday with Mr Nagai I will let you know how I get on
Cheers Ian


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
one of his team Mr Nagy has anyone had any experience of him?
He is listed as a consultant at Wrightington but his profile is blocked so I cannot see what his level of experience is. But since he is a consultant, I would assume that to be okay.
This surgeon’s profile has not been included for publication. Surgeons whose current practice is only in Wales, Northern Ireland or the private sector are not automatically included but may choose to opt in.
Let me know how you get on.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom