Guest viewing is limited

THR post hip replacement pain

Just found out I have Microcytic Hypochromic Anaemia just to throw another spanner in the works which is basically low iron , I'm convinced it's due to me taking Naproxen as this has happened once before when I was taking it I found out on both occasions when I was donating blood when they tested me with the thumb blood test, in between taking Naproxen over the last 3 years I gave blood successfully on 4 occasions proving my iron levels were fine at the time.
Just what I need constant pain and a portion of Fatigue thrown in [emoji853][emoji853]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm convinced it's due to me taking Naproxen
NSAIDS are just nasty! I found out the hard way as well. Hope you can work through this additional bump in the road.
 
Hi @Ian C . I just found your thread. Sorry about the difficulty with your first hip.
My second hip replacement was a much easier than the first. I had more movement and control over my right hip when I came out of anesthesia than I had with my left hip at four weeks.
I hope your revision is a success, keep us posted.
Doug
 
Just read your thread. So sorry you are going through this. Hopefully all will be resolved soon and your days will become brighter. They'll be many here to support you :prayer:
 
Thanks guys , my second hip was also easier than the first Dougie just hope the 3rd is even better [emoji2][emoji2]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The new surgeon Mr Nagai who was really nice and knowledgable and has done over 400 hip replacements agreed my first hip replacement needs replacing but he is sending me for a Nuclear Scan to see if I've had an infection from the original operation or wether the cup and stem are both loose.
Hoping they are loose. [emoji2][emoji2]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like a good start! Please let us know when you get your scan results. Fingers crossed for you!
 
Sounds like things are getting sorted for you. Good luck with the scan, hope it gives the answers you want
 
Finally had my "Nuclear Scan" hopefully get some answers soon and revision surgery and out of pain [emoji2][emoji2]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow, just read your thread. What an ordeal! Please keep up posted - we are all rooting for you!
 
Thanks gwenc


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Finally got the go ahead for revision surgery and only got to wait 6 weeks , there going to replace the loose cup and maybe straighten the stem if that is also loose.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Finally! Hopeful that this will be last biggie for you. How's that other hip?
Wishing you all the best.
 
Hi Mojo
Still getting a little pain for other hip (16 months old) but that’s bearable the other one is unbearable and just trying to get through one day at a time , hopefully light at the end if the tunnel.
Thanks for your message


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
As much as I hated the thought of major surgery and recovery, that PAIN thing site does make the thought more palatable.
Sorry you are miserable. I don't think the pain let me sleep rest or enjoy much for several years before finally getting my diagnosis for end stage degenerative OA.
I am hoping this is what DOES it for you.
 
@Ian C, that is good news! May this revision surgery repair all of your problems and enable you to have a successful recovery, ending all of that horrid pain. Sending you all of my best wishes.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom