United States
United States
United StatesWow! You have been through so much. The "wresting match" while awake with your lower half numb sounds frankly very scary, but thank goodness it's over! We all know that when it is done right, recovery happens naturally, so may relaxation and pain relief take over and this phase be MUCH easier. Take good care of yourself and update us regularly!Thanks guys , had 1 night in Increased dependency area and now back on normal ward , everything was replaced and only took just over an hour , I was wide wake and it was more like a wrestling match than surgery no wonder I am in so much pain.
I have a spinal block plus an epidural but then had to stop tipping up the epidural today because my non operated side was still numb.
Everything sounds like it all went well so now the long road to full recovery. [emoji2][emoji2]
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
United StatesWow, that's incredible but they are prepared I suppose for a wide scale emergency with many hurt. Hopefully you were the only patient in there at the time?Thanks , and the theatre was amazing one theatre with 4 operating tables separated by a Perspex divider , the new state of the art operating theatres of the future.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
United StatesWelcome home, @Ian C! Hope you get good rest and see improvements based on the new joint immediately! Wow, simultaneous and multiple operations in one room, how charming. [emoji54]Back home now after 4 nights in hospital apart from some temperature issues everything went really well.
Hiphiphray the theatre was performing 4 operations simultaneously so you could hear sounds from all 4 very strange.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
United StatesThat's great to hear, Ian C. Hope it's clear sailing from here!Stitches/staples out another milestone and I can have a proper shower.still hobbling around on crutches revision surgery recovery so much harder than original operation but very positive I’ll get a good outcome , thanks for all the support guys.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

the theatre was performing 4 operations simultaneously so you could hear sounds from all 4 very strange.
United StatesHello, Ian, how are you doing?Right hip 30/10/15
Left hip 10/06/16
Right hip revision
19/10/17
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum