THR Poppet survived a major fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for an update... I am having an area of soft tissue/muscle/ligament pain around my RTHR. Suspecting it is referred pain from my chronic lower back problems, and my cracked ribs (still healing from my fall) and/or the fact that I have inadvertently eaten hidden gluten for the past two months, so my Coeliac condition and symptoms have flared up...... So feeling rather sorry for myself.... Sigh!!

I have scheduled an appointment for 7 Aug so hopefully will get some answers!
 
If it isn't one thing, it will certainly be another!!! Feel better soon, Poppet. I've been having soft tissue flare-ups all summer. Do you suppose it's something in the global air? :)

Sharon
 
Tut and double you are so allowed to feel sorry for yourself. Ever the supporter and popping here and there with relevant information and as a manager for most of my life I recognise someone's skill at being able to sort things problems and leave smiles behind you. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
So sorry to hear about your soft tissue flare up @Poppet a d I hope getting back onto a gluten free diet helps calm it down very soon.Thinking of you.
 
Aw, Poppet, I just got email notification that you had updated. I'm so sorry you're having issues and sure hope that getting gluten free again will solve the problem. After all you've done for everyone else, you above all deserve clear sailing, but we know it doesn't always work that way.
 
Thanks @Kim22 -- it takes quite some time for the inflammation, ulceration and pain in the small intestine to settle down from gluten ingestion. It is also the other associated symptoms that are very debilitating. I have been gluten free for 20 years, this sets it back for a long time -- years actually. Not much fun... :boohoo:
 
Thanks @sissy46 -- lovely to hear from you. I have a combination of hot water bottles and icepacks happening :( But, hey, I am retired now so can take time out to look after me :) I hope you are keeping up the paddling for both of us honey -- only 6-8 weeks of cold temps and then hopefully we will get ou kayaks wet xx
 
Yes, Poppet, I am paddling often; celebrated the holiday by doing river patrol at the state park. Today our ECO-Action group is doing the 800th waterway cleanup and I'll be participating in that.

I hope we'll soon be getting a better update from you---would much prefer to think of you out there with your sea kayak instead of packed in with hot water bottles and icepacks.

BTW, I've kept in touch with some of the BS warriors. Giraffe42, Nerdgrrl, Cookie42. All doing well.
 
Sorry you are having all these issues @Poppet
If it's not one thing with these bodies... It's another. Must be hard having to be gluten free when one slip up can throw you out of sync! Hope you feel better soon honey.... Thinking of you.... Love & hugs.. Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Poppet we are all pulling for you. I admire gluten free for 20 years. How do you know you ingested some. Is it by symptoms only? I've been tested rigorously for intolerance as well. I am hoping today is better for our Nutritional Guru!
 
Wow! I'm so glad you're okay. Falls are so scary. I had a LTHR on October 16 and have been doing very well with it. In January, I tripped and fell on concrete...L knee, R knee, L hip. I had full range of motion and could walk just fine. However, since then, I've been having pain in that hip when I lie on it. Not sure what I did, but since it's only when I'm lying down, I forget to call the doc and ask about it. I fell on my RTKR about a year after I had it done, and the doc assured me that joint replacements are very sturdy. Hope by now you're well-recovered!
 
((((@Poppet )))) Drat my dear friend you so do not need more problems! I sure hope that the current symptoms will settled down and leave you alone quickly! At least now you don't have to be stressed by job issues - that I'm sure is a big plus!
 
Oh @Poppet everybody else has said the things I feel, so, "what they said"! :)
That gluten thing is a real beast, isn't it? I want for you to be all better of everything very very soon!
You and sweaters and socks keep warm now, hear? ;)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Thank you for sharing as we all share this fear @Poppet . Falling is one of the major reasons for dislocations and you did everything right. Makes us all more mindful as it can happen in a second. So glad you are ok.
 
Being an oooopsieman I'm a fairly regular participant in the effect of gravity. Whilst I look at my exploits in humour I do know what it can mean. Working with people who have Huntingtons this is a major aspect. The person wants to continue with independent mobility and many totally discount any fear of falls in this determination. As a support worker it our role to make the area as safe as possible and be aware of the most vulnerable, I have steadied and caught countless such. Why use this with hip replacement or knee? I see so many people here who have the same determination, and its the simple movements things that catch us all out. Why? Because we have always done it and the subconscious takes over without taking in to account our different abilities.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well, it seems that my Coeliac flare up is going to keep me out of action for the next month whilst I focus on my own health!

This most certainly is the worse flare up since being diagnosed many, many years ago. My pain levels are at times up in the 8-10 and this makes pain management difficult with my Chronic Kidney Disease. Being an autoimmune disease which produces lots of inflammation throughout the body, I am definitely feeling the effects in most of my joints, including the area around my THR.

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement -- much appreciated! I will be back as soon as I am feeling better!
 
Oh noo. Gluten sure has a way of sneaking in unannounced. Go easy and be well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Poppet Hi, i hope you apply every thing you know about treating your issue. You have helped a lot of people with your articles about nutritional ideas. Good luck at getting better! I know that your input helped my recovery, so, I Thank You!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom