THR Poppet survived a major fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Poppet, such a fright! I hope you are feeling much better now. Thinking of you.
 
Poppin' in to say hi to @Poppet ... and so nice to read it's your three-year anniversary. Hope your ribs are getting less painful. I know I've heard that can take a while, but you are the queen of patience. I truly feel that your postings to me and others about patience was so incredibly helpful. Of course we don't (some of us, that would be ME) always remember to apply the patience rule to nonsurgical events such as falling.

I wish there'd be some way you didn't have to move around so much during the day for the construction of your home. I hope you can find enterprising ways to modify the movements so you don't overtax any one group of muscles and feel the horrible "I overdid it" signs and strain.

Take care, and I hope the coughing abates too. You've really been through it, Poppet, and deserve a break!
No, not a bone break. I mean a vacation break!
 
Just a quick update - all seems good with my RTHR after my aerobatics, but have to admit I am noticing an increase in my chronic back issues and hopefully referred pain from my back to my un-operated hip which is now giving me significant pain... I also am conscious of a possible LLD but hubby checks it and assures me I am not limping and the hips are level...

I have increased my activity levels and ROM, so that could also be contributing to an increase in discomfort.
 
Hope you had some great New Year Celebrations @Poppet and that your back problems get sorted, quickly ....these bodies!! Could we all have new ones for 2015?? Love & hugs...Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy New Year @Poppet and I will bet you a case of champagne that your increased activity has something to do with your problems.
Hate to mention it, but all that daylight I have been giving you? My turn to have it back! ;)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Happy New Year, Poppet :cheers2: May 2015, the year of the Lamb, be especially kind and gentle to you .... and provide a bit of happy romping energy too :loveshwr:
 
@Poppet, Falling is not surpose to happen! I am glad that you are Ok but it shows how hard the hip replacement is. Nappy New Year! Love, Tashia
 
Thanks Chrissie, @Hoppy Nanny for the new year wishes... We stayed up, just! But had the clock set for 5 am the next morning to go to the cliffs and welcome the start of the new year by watching the sunrise.. It was beautiful ! It has been a 20 year tradition so couldn't miss out..

We are swimming every morning now as the water is warming up. I tend to just walk in the ocean at chest high and cycle in the water. It helps with my chronic back issues.

Yes please, a new body for the new year would have been great... but I guess we have to be patient and keep moving forward with what we have been blessed with hugs and love xx
 
Happy New Year dearest Deb, @djklaugh - I hope you are enjoying more family time, especially with your gorgeous grand daughter.. Much love xx
 
Hello Chris, @zauberflöte - yes, I suspect you are very correct. The extra different movements and muscles I am using on top of the fall has definitely contributed to being sore all over! Like you, I would love to get my other hip replaced, but it has to wait for a little while.. As I mentioned though, the water therapy (ocean with all that fantastic Mg I am absorbing) is helping immensely... I bought new bathers - two sizes smaller so must be doing something right..

Sorry hon, I can't send you extra daylight yet, but don't worry, it will be your turn in the northern hemisphere before we can blink! Our weather is warming and of course along with that comes the fires... Nature at its best and worse.. Tonight we have a sea mist and our little village has this Eire yellow light with the few street lights... quite pretty actually - it rolled in off the ocean very quickly... Hugs to you honey xx
 
Hi @tashia - thanks my dear friend for visiting my thread, I know you are finally starting to get out and about in your car and enjoying life again - so well deserved xxxxx
 
Och aye the nooooooooooooooo. Sorry I didnt know you.had a.thread doh. I.see you had a fall a wee.while back hope all is healed. See I'm a.regular faller I know v.surprising but I have t sussed land.on.my head. Wishing you a.grand year and sending you.my.weather. Gales sleet snow rain.all in one hour
Toodles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Quick update - I am having a new set of hip X-rays today to hopefully provide my OS with further insight into the ongoing swelling and slight pain I am experiencing in my RTHR since my fall !
 
Hope they find what is causing your swelling and discomfort, since your fall.
All the best,
 
Oh goodness @Poppet I really hope they find the cause, and that it actually has nothing to do with the bionics! :) :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Sorry you're having to do the "doctor thing" right now, but hope you can get some answers and solutions!
 
Made me breathless just reading your description of the tangle and door attack @Poppet! I'm so glad you seem to have not done anything to your new hip, and I hope that any damage you have done elsewhere turns out to be minor.

As a fellow uncoordinated Aussie, used to constantly bruised shins and stumbling about, I am being very cautious at Day 10... obviously will have to keep off the XXXX for a GOOD while longer too.
:scare:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom