THR Peggy's Progess: 07 Jan 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 week update! I feel as though I'm turning a corner this week. The pain level has come down and I've been cutting back on the meds little by little. I'm using the cane most of the time. I'm starting out patient physical therapy next week. Moving around is much easier. Still napping during the day. Sleeping well at night too. I'm going to go grocery shopping with hubby again this weekend ....doesn't take much for me to get excited! Things are definitely looking up for this hipster! If any of you newbies have questions, please don't hesitate to ask me anything. ;) Peggy xo
 
Great report Peggy. I am now 1week post op. Today was my best day yet so things are looking up!
 
Hi Peggy @Madowa I think you are going great after just reading your thread!!!!

Do t stress about the pain meds as everyone has said you just naturally come off them and if you are out and about in the shops etc....you will need them

Thanks for your support of me too...I appreciate it
 
Thanks @Vetgirl. Your support means a lot to me too. I want you to know that I will continue to follow and support you on your journey. I so admire your strength and positive attitude. Sending good luck and lots of hugs from New Jersey! Peggy :) xoxo
 
The PT increased my treadmill time from 5 min to 6 min today and added some other light exercises. It was a good session and I was whipped when I got home.
 
Great @Madowa....doesn't get any better after THR than grocery shopping...a milestone indeed. Hope you have fun...Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Well I am....love to read your posts...keep 'em coming!! Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Will my limp ever go away? It's 4 weeks post op and if I don't use my cane, I'm limping pretty bad, worse than before surgery. Appreciate any thoughts from my angels out there in bonesmartie land. ;) Peggy
 
@Madowa Peggy, from reading lots of threads, don't folks say they use the cane when they limp to try to
eliminate the limp? Does that make sense?
 
I remember reading that too. I hope it's true.
 
I was told to use a walker until I could use a cane with no limp and then use the cane until I could walk alone with no limp - still mostly using the cane at 6 wks
 
Week 4 update! Have pretty much ditched the walker, so my mobility has definitely improved. I need to use the cane for strength and balance. I limp pretty badly if I don't. I went out to dinner with the family last Saturday night and it felt so good to put makeup on and get dressed up! I felt like I was normal again! I can do light activities around the house...laundry, cooking, straightening up and light cleaning. Pain level has gone way down. I find that I can go 12 hours with nothing! Still taking an oxy before bed. Will be tapering off of that soon as well. I'm scheduled for out-patient physical therapy 2x a week. So, I really feel like I'm on the home stretch! Thanks to all my angels out there. Sending healing vibes to all. Peggy xo
 
So glad Peggy @Madowa...you are doing great and I couldn't be more pleased for you...slow, steady improvement..the best! As for the limp....do keep using the cane/ crutch..it will help your gait enormously.....I still use mine on longer walks as advised by my PT and my limp has nearly gone, except when I'm tired! Don't be tempted to ditch it too soon....especially if you still limp. Onwards and upwards! Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Hoppy Nanny thanks Chrissie! I really don't want to limp so I'll definitely use the cane until I'm stronger. Just want to be normal again!!! ;)
 
hi peggy @Madowa . we're pretty much on the same schedule. from reading the posts of others who are still struggling so much, I've come to be even more grateful for the progress I'm making. things are going pretty good for me too. (except some low back pain). I don't use anything at home, and when I go out I'm still using one crutch (the kind that doesn't go under the arm) which I like better than a cane. so here's to a continued great recovery. :cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom