THR Peggy's Progess: 07 Jan 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Madowa hi Peggy, what a great report! Good to hear you are doing so well. No more dizzy spells I'm guessing. I am like you re tiredness and The Wall ;-) glad you are happy - enjoy!

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Did you hurt yourself? Are you in screaming agony? Or are you just scared? If you're not in screaming agony - which is what I understand happens when you dislocate a hip - then you're probably okay, maybe just bruised. I hope that's all that's happened. Your surgery was a couple of months ago now and so probably your 'envelope' is secure enough to withstand a fall. Please let us know - I'll say a little prayer for you.
 
@Madowa. Hoping you haven't done any damage in your fall....but saying that I've been told it is so difficult to dislocate your hip even with a fall. Can understand you are scared after going through the recovery and moving on as you have in the last few weeks. Hopefully a couple of days rest will help now. Let us know how you are....keeping everything crossed you are all OK. Love & Hugs..Chrissie xxx
 
Sorry for such a cryptic message... I tripped on a rug and landed right on my new hip. Am just sore now on the back side of my thigh. Icing and taking it easy today. Thank goodness nothing horrendous. Feel like such a clutz! I can walk with no pain so I don't think I have to report this to the os. Unless you think so....
 
Back part of upper thigh hurts. Wondering if I should ice it or put heat on it. Darn! I'm so mad at myself! Has anyone ever fallen at this point of recovery?
 
I am a tkr member but I would ice an injury. Hope you feel better.
 
Back part of upper thigh hurts. Wondering if I should ice it or put heat on it. Darn! I'm so mad at myself! Has anyone ever fallen at this point of recovery?

Yes I fell 6 days after surgery, I miss stepped on a small step and fell on my op side i was able to buff the fall with my arms. I moved the hip and leg no pain but sure got a scare.
 
Hi sorry you had this scare but Im sure your hip is ok, you will just be bruised. Keep icing it to prevent further bruising and swelling, take some pain meds. Hope your feeling a bit calmer now, take care.
 
Sorry to hear about your fall but sounds like you are just sore from falling. Take it easy and keep moving a bit so you don't stiffen up to much. The thought of a fall scares me too! Take a deep breath.
 
Ooh scary! Sounds like your actual hip is ok. So sorry this happened- don't blame yourself- accidents happen. Hope you stop hurting soon. I think ice but if you feel like heat after -try it, I like heat sometimes. Feel better and take care, Gill
 
Thanks everyone for your kind words! I'm feeling better but still have a sore spot. There is no bruising but it feels just like a bruise. Weird. Anyway, tomorrow is back to work for me. I'll be working part time this week and then full time the next. I need to go back for my head! Surgery was January 7 and I feel ready now. I picked the perfect time to have my surgery as it was a horrible winter weather-wise here in the north east. I'm looking forward to spring and getting the 17 pounds I put on the past 6 months off! I hope I never have to do this again, however if I do, I won't be afraid at all. It was not nearly as bad as I had imagined. I was blessed with a smooth recovery. And it helped immensely to have this wonderful community of caring people. Thanks again, my Bonesmartie angels. Peggy xo
 
Oh that's excellent Peggy..., glad your recovery went well..... I expect you will glad to be back to work and get back to something like ' normal' life......hope it all goes great for you tomorrow.... Make sure you rest when you come home..... Chrissie x x x
 
Glad to hear you're ok after the fall. Sounds like yr looking forward to work so its good you can get back. Having a smooth recovery like ours seems so miraculous.
 
Hello @Madowa Peggy, how are you doing? I was wondering how your bruised hip is and how work is going? Good, I hope? I am going back to work next week, Tuesday and thurs, then mon, wed, fri the next week. I had hoped to be not using my stick but seem to still need it for anything over 300m and when I'm tired. How about you?
Gill
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@miaow27 Hi there, Gill! I started Monday and doing 4 hours a day this week. So far so good. A little bit tired but I can't complain. It is definitely good for my head to be back and a part of the real world again. Not using a cane at all but I still keep a folding one in my tote in case I need it. My hip is still sore. I called my os and he wants to see me. I have an appointment for Monday the 24th for an X-ray and exam. I hope I didn't do any damage. I'll keep everyone posted. Good luck with work...you'll do fine! Peggy
 
Hope all goes well Peggy....let us know how things hope on 24th...glad all going well at work...Chrissie xxx
 
@Hoppy Nanny
Aw thanks Chrissie. You are one of my angels here that have been so supportive since the beginning. I appreciate your kindness. :) Peggy. Xo
 
Had my xray and saw the surgeon yesterday and everything looks perfect thank goodness!!!! I'm back at work full time this week and feeling almost normal again! Thanks friends! Peggy xo
 
Excellent news Peggy.....bet that put your mind at rest...onwards and upwards from now on....love Chrissie xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom