Guest viewing is limited

THR Peggy's Progess: 07 Jan 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a ceramic material called oxinium and it's black. High poly socket. Pink is my fav color.....I'm jelly! They should make blue ones for the boys. ;)
 
So pleased for you @Madowa that your OS has given you more time to recover before going back to work, he sounds wonderfully supportive. I went back to an extremely stressful job (no choice) at 7 weeks and found the energy drain lasted another six weeks. Enjoy your time off, this is your recovery time - check out this article xx

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/benefits-of-brief-naps.22502/
 
@Madowa Peggy you are very fortunate to have a caring OS.
When I met my OS on Monday of this week, I asked how many weeks off til I go back to work.
He said only 3 weeks!
What?!
He then said, I won't lie..... Good grief.
 
MajorHeidi could you see your GP and see what they say? They might have a more realistic idea of when you could go back...
Gill
 
@Madowa.... Glad you managed to get some more time Peggy......gosh,perhaps it's because I'm older but at even at 8 weeks I would have struggled like mad to go back to work......At 12 weeks I was so much better, physically and emotionally. Have to say I've just had the grand kids for 7 days and I've really struggled to keep up....and I'm 20 weeks post op. I'm completely knackered and glad they are in bed...only one day left....still finding that my energy levels are low.....so my advice, if you can is....take as long as you can....cos, once you're back..you're back!! Good luck....love Chrissie
 
Yes, thanks for the guidance on the 'get back to work' timeframe. My OS wasn't kidding.... I think my employer will be more flexible than the surgeon, at least I hope so.
Worse case I could use some vacation to add a few weeks , but that defeats the purpose of vacay.

Have a great weekend Peggy and friends
 
@Madowa ....Sounds like things are going remarkably well for you especially with more time off for your recoup! Please keep the posts up, I'm going under in 13 days......wishing for a great recovery like you! My OS said that I would be back to work in 3 weeks, wasn't sure if he was just joking or not, I work for the county and have up to 12 weeks leave if necessary, thank goodness. I think I will try to do just part time for a while that is always possible for me too. Good luck!
 
Hi there @put2pasture. Thanks so much for your kind words of support. I am happy that you are only days away from the beginning of a pain free hip! Although the recovery is sometimes rough in the beginning, it is so worth it. No more arthritis pain! Please keep us posted on your journey. I'll be watching! Please don't rush back to work either. As much as I'd like to think that I'm good, an incident at the grocery store yesterday reminded me I'm not quite there yet. My hubby and were walking the aisles, I was pushing the cart, and all of a sudden I felt completely drained and weak, almost sick. It came over me so fast, I was afraid I would faint. We stood there, me leaning on the cart, hubby supporting me, until I felt better. It passed in about 5 minutes but I felt washed out for the next couple of hours. Scary. Not sure what that was but did not like it one bit. So, listen to your body, and remember there is healing going on for some time. (I'm post operative 6-1/2 weeks). Just have to remember to take it slow. Well, I hope you're having a great weekend. ;) Peggy xo
 
Hi Peggy,
A similar thing happened to me a few days ago. I was coming back from a little walk to the big DIY store two streets away. I had just looked a bit at lighting and was coming home. I suddenly felt light headed and exhausted so I stopped and breathed slowly thinking 'don't faint..don't faint' til it passed and I carried on home. I had forgotten til I read your post. Had lots of energy yesterday but much less today. It must be the six week energy crash. Or something. Hope you're having a good Sunday otherwise,
Gill
 
Wow! I wonder what causes this? Blood pressure? Interesting. I'm glad you and I didn't actually faint. I'm so worried about falling.
 
And what is it with these'back to work in 3 weeks' surgeons'! Are they crazy? I bet if they had to have major surgery they'd soon change their minds ;-)
 
Glad your doctor was on your side about work - sometimes I think we don't realize the stress on us from recovery. Small things could easily make me cry too. See if you can start back part time even. I have my own very small business so I could ease into it as I want - its just me so I did have to do some shipping but didn't have to do much else. That made it so easy - I can even work in my pjs if I want! But a job like yours takes a mind that is not on recovery - another 4 weeks and you'll see a huge difference!
 
hi peggy. we're a day apart and doing similarly it sounds. glad you have more time before going back to work. I'm so glad I'm retired and can do what I want, more or less. so yes. let's stay boring and textbook and uneventful. !
 
@Madowa, just popping in to say hello and wish you well on your recovery. May God bless. Stay safe in all this weather!
 
Hi Peggy @Madowa so glad you have some more time off from work...I think your return to work plan sounds good.

Yes, we really can underestimate the wear this surgery has on our body and its scary when it hits isn't it???? Glad hubby was there for you!!!

Continue to take each day as it comes and keep having a rest too.

You are doing great
 
Well dear friends, it's almost eight weeks out for me and I must say that I feel great. Still going to physical therapy twice a week. My limp is almost gone. Don't need a cane around the house but still take it with me if I go shopping or out for the evening. I can sleep on either side, however, I'm more comfortable on the non-operated side. I can put socks on myself and can shave my legs...ladies you know how good that is! I still get a bit tired and sometimes I literally hit a wall. But overall, I feel great and what a blessing to not be in pain! It's truly incredible. I feel like I've been given a new life. Thank you to all my angels here that helped me through with your words of comfort and encouragement. Love you all! Peggy xo
 
@Madowa Peggy, thanks so much for this report! It's very encouraging - I've had a very similar recovery to you so far, uneventful and steady. Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll be where you are - I hope!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom