Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

Your leg is looking great! You really don't have much swelling. I have way more now at four months than you do at approx three weeks.....great for you, frustrating for me.
 
I scared my husband in the middle of the night. Around 3:30 am I had a nightmare and was screaming at the top of my lungs: "HELP, HELP, HELP, CALL THE POLICE!!!"
I am sleeping in the guest quarters about 100 ft from our bedroom...more comfortable right now, since I am up every 2 hrs. I dreamed, I was reading the BoneSmart website in the middle of the night since I couldn't sleep, I could hear the neighbors next door outside my window and the next thing I know.....these men are prying open my window and crawled inside!!! That is when I started screaming. Both my husband and faithful dog came running in and he cuts the light on and says, "WAKE UP, WAKE UP". My dog gets in bed next to me under the covers and my husband gets me a glass of milk.
Weird night! So glad my doggie stayed with me. I wonder what that was all about? I am starting to reduce my Narco 7.5 mg in half.
 
I don’t know how long post op I was, but I dreamed I was drowning. It was very calm, I was in a pool, and a teenage girl I haven’t seen in years was there, and all of a sudden my body just went back, laying down in the water and I slowly drifted to the bottom of the pool. I couldn’t see anyone but could clearly see the water and turquoise sides of the pool. I thought calmly, doesn’t anybody see me? And I woke up.

I was not on any prescription pain medication by then. I really believe that even though our conscious mind does not remember this traumatic surgery and what all is done to us, somewhere in our mind it is remembered and comes out in various dreams and fears we didn’t have before surgery.

This dream happened during an afternoon nap. When I came out to the living room and told my husband I dreamed I was drowning, he actually turned off the TV to listen to me!
 
I had crazy nightmares when I was on the heavy meds. Being alone at night after a nightmare can really be scary!
 
Your flexion is around 90 degrees but can't be sure as you never complied with my usual requirements for photos!
And your extension cannot be assessed from that position. It has to be a view like this - note the markers for hip, knee and ankle.

[Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
 
Your flexion is around 90 degrees but can't be sure as you never complied with my usual requirements for photos!
I must have missed the usual requirement photos...where do I find the one for flexion? (and extension).
My brain is not working today. Sorry. Glad to see you back on the forum Josephine. Missed seeing your posts.
 
Complain time: I have been really pleased how my revision is healing but now have some discomfort in my left hip mainly. The left thigh on the outside aches too. I don't do a lot of walking, prefer to rest in bed with my legs elevated on the pillow wedge. I am up and about every 1 1/2 hrs, going to the bathroom, getting a snack or something to drink. I feel the wedge may be causing the problem and not enough walking. I do my own PT exercises but do not over do it. Thinking I might need to force myself to get on the stationary bike daily but only did it one time. Just my knee looks swollen, not above or below. It is stiff. I do my heel slides but not much of a heel slide due to swelling and stiffness.
Hope I am not getting myself in trouble by not going to out patient PT. A little concerned.
 
What a cute puppa, @Cementless ! I just want to snatch that little fur ball up for a hug! Looks super sweet!

[Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
Here's mine at the moment. She's 9 years old. Follows me around and lays wherever I park. She's gonna miss me when I go back to work someday.:sad:


I have the Lounge Doctor wedge with gel (love the gel feeling) and if I use it too much it causes my THR hip to ache, so you might be on to something with your hip discomfort. I wish the wedge was a few inches lower.
 
For now I've ditched out patient pt. I have concerns about that, too. But, all the people on the forum who didn't go to pt seemed to do just fine right? I'm going to try it on my own. I have print outs of the exercises. I can walk in the building hallways in any kind of weather.
There seems to be some kind of stigma attached to you if you don't go to pt. It must be a USA kind of thing.
Good luck. Maybe we can form our own online pt LOL
 
Keep in mind, it’s not exercising that gets our range of motion back, it’s Time:

Time to recover.
Time for pain and swelling to settle.
Time to heal.

Our range of motion is right there all
along just waiting for that to happen so it can show itself.

In the general run of things, it doesn't need to be fought for, worked hard for or worried about. It will happen. Exercise as in strength training is counter-productive and in the early weeks does more harm than good. Normal activity is the key to success.
 
@beachy, I think 20 mins on the stationary bike was too long. My knee is hurting. Just took Norco 7.5 mg and had 1000 mg of ES Tylenol a couple of hrs ago. Right now, 10 mins is what I will do in the future for awhile. Icing and elevating. :ice::fingersx:
 
And I would wait several days before I try again, since you’re hurting already.
 
All kidding aside, we hope you didn’t have any issues.
 
@beachy and @Jockette, thank you two for asking! Yesterday, I didn't do to much and my L hip was bothering me. Today, I had the best day since my revision!!! I rode the stationary bike for 10 mins with no problems and took our doggie outside twice walking around the house so she could pee! The weather has been beautiful and it felt great to be outside.
I still take my pain medication regularly but can go 8hrs on half dose (Norco 3.75 mg) plus 2 ES Tylenol). I take the 7.5 mg at bedtime. Twice a day, I take Robaxin 750 mg....my internist had ordered in the past. My OS revision dr. does not believe in using muscle relaxants. My first OS used both; so I self medicate. I also use Celebrex 200 mg, 1 to 2 times a day. Yesterday, I was very irritable and wanted to chew my husband's head off!!! Everything bothered me! lol
I think it has to do with the opioids and the monotonous routine of recovering from the knee surgery revision.
 
I’m glad you’re doing well and had a great day!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom