Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

[Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure Our daughter and daddy's helper!
 
I have not felt like posting much lately but read as many posts as I can several times a day.

I wanted to thank everyone on this wonderful website! I was trying to find out more how the website got started and how in the world did they find our Josephine? @Josephine. Also, how did you all decide to become forum administrators? So impressed with everyone!!!
 
Thought I would check in. My knee is healing as long as I don't try too many exercises. I rest, ice and elevate most of the days and nights except when doing ADL. It has become the dreaded Ground Hog day at my house and I am starting to feel a little on the depressed side. I need to change my routine up somehow. I'm thinking of trying to take the dog outside to let her do her business midday but I will need to use my cane in one hand and have her on the leash with the other. I will have to be very careful or it could be a disaster if she sees a squirrel!!! Maybe, just getting in the car and have my husband take me around the neighborhood.

I still use Norco 7.5 mg every 8hrs. alternating it was Robaxin 750 mg plus Celebrex 200 mg. Inbetween, I do ES TYLENOL 2 tabs. That combination seems to keep me comfortable.

It is night and day with this revision compared to my painful original LTKR!

Btw: I did go to the thread to read about Depression and post op blues....very helpful.
 
Last edited:
I wouldn’t take any chances with the dog (adorable as she is!) You certainly don’t want to risk a fall. Even if a fall didn’t damage your knee, your body doesn’t need any more injuries right now. (not that it ever does)

I think a car ride sounds lovely! I’ve never been to Texas, do you get fall colors there?

I’m sure your recovery feels extra long, because you had a revision not that long after the original. Please be careful and don’t take risks. They aren’t worth it. :console2:
 
@Jockette, you are so right that it is not worth the risk! I can tell I am having "cabin fever". We have just had a bunch of rain and the ground is soaked....so it was not a good idea. In a few days we will have beautiful fall weather but no fall colors (except our Raintrees).

Again you are right about my original LTKR seems to be running into the revision routine.
 
This whole process is WAY more than any of us bargained for! (me included!) :bawl:
 
@Jockette, thought I would share a nice visual. We live on 20 acres in the country and have cows. My husband just came in and opened the window to the room I am resting in......just in time to see the cows coming around the corner! :kitty::):ice:
 
Your home and property sound lovely. I always wanted to live in the country, but never made it.

I will continue this post on my thread.
 
Last edited:
Not sure what my bend is at 3½ weeks but my knee is doing GREAT!!!
I will post a picture of my extension when I resize the picture. Very little exercises but ADL.

[Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
 
That is a nice bend! I’m so glad things are going well!
 
Your less than a 4 week old knee is bending great! Hurray for ADL!
 
Picture of my LTK Revision as of today: 10.26.18
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    LTKRevision pic of extension side by side.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 191
  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    LTKRevision extension 10.26.18.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 179
Your scar looks great! Your swelling is not that bad, either.
 
Cementless - I thought I had to say thanks for all your ‘likes’.
Also I agree, your knee bend looks great, probably better than mine at 16 weeks.

I hope you did manage to go on a drive (make sure you have lots of leg room and your husband does the driving). When my knee is playing up too much for a walk, I find a drive around is great therapy, it’s also a lot quicker!

And your surgeon’s notes could be a carbon copy of some of mine - perhaps they have a special handbook on what to say and write. I hear what he says but I don’t always agree with him and I don’t always do what he says. This may involve me saying, mmm, a lot.

Look after yourself and best wishes.
 
Hi cementless,
I'm just getting around to reading your whole thread. I tend to nod off when I start to read anything these days. My brain is in slo-mo. I should be finished reading in a few months. :loll:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom