Guest viewing is limited

Panic stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MajorHeidi - thank you so much Claire and to you too :puppysmooze:.

I was going to tag you about psoriasis and my cortisone injection - seems the cortisone injection has cleared up my psoriasis on a temporary basis anyhow. I have no scaling and all spots are a lot less angry and getting smaller in size. Have you had cortisone Claire and if so did you find this? Not saying it is a cure but such a marked improvement is really great :yay:
Maybe @Josephine has heard of this? Would be interested to know if there is any medical reason Jo :),
 
@fulafoto Bill, I had read your post about getting the cortisone injection, but figured that was for pain, not psoriasis. I will have to look into this for sure. I am using some kind of cream which seems to lessen things, but this may be a way to go. Thanks. :xmas-win:
 
@MajorHeidi - yes it was for the pain Claire (which has been a mixed result) but the improvement in my psoriasis has been a by product of the injection - I use two natural creams - calendular and emu oil (at different times) which seems to keep the psoriasis at bay usually - obviously one has to be conscientious in the application of them too :)
 
Bill, save me searching back through your thread - you had a cortisone shot in your hip? That wouldn't take long to become systemic and treat anything and everything. When I get shots in my shoulders, I find it also helps with pains elsewhere. Neat, huh?

:mer xm:
 
To all the wonderful members of BS - have a safe, happy and merry holiday period - be at peace with the world, be kind to each other and most importantly be kind to yourself.
You really are a special bunch of people and I am so appreciative for the constant support and assistance I receive from you all. :friends::friends:
 
Have a wonderful day Bill - Merry Xmas to you and your beloved from your new friends down south :)

[Bonesmart.org] Panic stations
 
You hooo! Bill, @fulafoto - I had to go searching for you - how are you mate ?
 
Hi @Poppet! Long time no chat!!! Doing OK. Not a lot of change at the moment - just waiting for the OS appointment in February to have a decision on my immediate future! Wish me luck :).
How are you going with all that heat over there in the West?
 
Hi there Bill, @fulafoto - love the new photo.

Yes, you are in a holding pattern, but I would be very surprised if you you don't get a confirmed date out of your Feb appointment with the OS. You are patience personified my good friend.

A nice break in the weather.. Winding up for the Feb heat, otherwise all good in this part of the world - thanks for asking x
 
@Poppet - thanks about the photo - that was a 3:30am rise the other morning; noticed how foggy it was and HAD to go and shoot it - amazing how a common weed can look so pretty :SUNsmile:.

Surely hope I get a definite date from the OS and will let everyone know from there. I went to the GP the other day and I have a minor skin cancer on my left ankle - she said the ideal time to have it cut out as I am not using the leg so go 'under the knife' in a week or so for that:)

We are expecting RAIN tomorrow - so excited about that :happydance::happydance:the grass is brown and crunchy underfoot at the moment :yikes:
 
Hi Bill, @fulafoto how much time between the removal of the SC and your appointment with the OS?

Yes, isn't it funny how we see beauty through the lens of the most simple topics in life. I was caught taking a photo of dirt/gravel/fill etc the other day where the tiniest yellow flower was flourishing!

Good for you that you are still keeping up with your photography. Hope you get a decent rain today, not too much to flood though. I don't know what is happening with the weather, some of the big trees are already yellow and shedding leaves as if it believes it is Autumn??? Xx
 
@fulafoto.....hope all goes ok with the skin cancer op Bill....not what you need at the moment. Life can certainly throw some curved balls...sigh!! Loving the new photo.....we have had some serious storms and I have tried to get out and take some photos when it wasnt chucking it down with rain....photography is a passion of mine which I have sidelined due to hip pain....now I've nearly recovered I'm looking forward to getting out and about on our coastline. Keep smiling...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Poppet @MajorHeidi and @Hoppy Nanny - My GP has actually organised the removal after my appointment just in case - she is not worried about it at all and said it is a blah, blah, blah (sorry to get scientific on you all:heehee:). It is only a minor little thing that has been there for a couple of months and it stings if touched. It is not growing at all and is staying the size of a pimple. I have knocked the head off it a couple of times and it just comes back - more a nuisance thing than a troublesome thing and I have had several cut out throughout my life so I am not concerned about it - as long as I get a lollypop at the end of it :heehee::heehee::heehee:.

It is 10 am here in and so far no rain but it IS overcast and a bit muggy - fingers crossed. My beloved is trying to attract the rain as she had the sprinkler on yesterday for several hours and that usually does the trick. Funny the trees are yellowing already in your part of the world... :scratch:

I am trying to keep up with the photography and mostly am taking them from the drivers seat of my car. I am using a long lens (80-200 if anyone is interested) and this usually gives me the angles, apart from how I park the car of course, to get the shot I want.

It is amazing what you can find beauty in from behind the lens isn't it? My eldest daughter has only ever really loved one of my photos ever (out of several 100,000) - I took it of rocks on a beach looking straight down - she loved it and it is now hanging in her lounge room.

Yes Claire - it is a very prolific weed in our area - with the late afternoon sun glistening on it, it sometimes looks like snow on the hills around our place.

Good for you getting back into the photography Chrissie - I find it a great way to de-stress and it gives me a lot of pleasure too. Storm photos are really wonderful - I love capturing the rolling clouds and the darkening sky - can be so moody.

Here in Australia we have our national broadcaster ABC who have a website ABC Open and this is what they are about: ABC Open is an exciting initiative which provides a focal point for Australian regional communities who want to get involved in sharing their experiences through the ABC via websites, radio and TV.
Anyways I have put quite a few photos up on the website and I received an email the other day - they want to make me a 'Star contributor" for a week - I am pretty chuffed about that and will let you know what week is mine if anyone wants to have a look.
 
Oh my goodness, you will be a star, and we will know you, Bill..... neat. Yes, let us know!
That is super.
I am going to schedule a dental appt proactively. Drats if I didn't cancel dental this year. They jacked
up the cost of the insurance by double, and it paid for so little. I will tell them cash money and ask for a deal.
 
@MajorHeidi - oh dear - doubled the insurance - that is not good news but good that you are scheduling the dental appointment now. Who knows - they may put it up again if you don't have it done now! Good idea about the cash too :thumb:
 
Good afternoon Bill, @fulafoto, so pleased your Doc is waiting until after your OS appointment, no point in taking any risks at this stage. If the surgeon doesn't confirm your date.. I am coming up there to give him a gentle push of encouragement.. lol....

Congratulations on the "star contributor" - that is such an honor from the ABC! I am so, so thrilled for you. Do let us know when and post the link - well done you! xx

Hi Chrissie, @Hoppy Nanny how exciting that you are getting back into your photography.. It is such fun isn't it.. I plan to do a lot more soon..

I got bitten when we were away and it has become infected. My Doc has taken a swab and it is a dreaded staph infection. But we seem to be getting on top of it with antibiotics and monitoring and blood tests.. The worse part was that she dressed it and used a non allergenic tape as I am allergic to latex and all kinds of adhesives (we thought it was a safe one) but.... yes, you guessed it.. I now have a blistering rash from the areas where the tape was applied... So there is another one that gets added to my list of 'not to be used'. The actual size of the bite is so much smaller than the blistered tape areas... Oh hum!! must say the ice packs feel good on it though!!
 
@fulafoto. Oh how fabulous to get your photography recognised. You must post some when you are on your 'star week' for those of us who can't get Aussie TV! I love being behind the lens....even find my nephews wedding photos together with a friend...that was scary!!

@Poppet. So sorry about your staph infection darling. Do hope the AB's sort it out ( they make you feel dreadful too, don't they? ). Hope you are resting and it's not all about work too.......!? I bet it feels like your holiday was a long time ago. Hope it's not too hot out there for you....it's turning dry but very cold here in the UK. Got back last night after spending a week with my twin sister who had her TKR....she's 3 weeks post op and doing well...got the pain under control this week and she's managed to do mostly paracetamol. Her PT gave her a lovely massage to remove some of the swelling do she was able to bend her knee better...all good. Was sorry to have to leave her. But was so happy that my new hip held out do well to be able to look after her and her lovely, mahoosive doggy.....he was beautiful and I'm missing him too....I want one now but know it's not practical with our lifestyle ( we love to just take off which we put on hold for 2 years cos of my hip pain....gonna go for it this year). Thinking of you my dear , let us know how you get on....love Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom