Guest viewing is limited

Panic stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Bill, I just read through all of this. Poor you. I'm constantly aware of how very lucky I am. We have family private health inurance as part of my husband's salary package so it was 1 month and 5 days from my GP appointment to the knife (and power tools). It might have been a bit longer but in the private system it was unlikely to be more than 2 months. And I also saved the NHS about £11,000 sometime in the future. I all ready knew and trusted the surgeon from 3 years ago so I didn't have any dithering about who to see. So I am very lucky and feel more so when I read experiences like yours. I hope you get things sorted for an earlier date.

By the way, where abouts are you? My stepdaughter and husband and our gorgeous 2 grandchildren live near Brisbane.

Kim

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
3 surgeons doing 3 THR's/TKR's a day five days a week!
In my last hospital (Sunderland Royal) we averaged more than that in the week days but we also did lists on weekends too and when the hip/knee chaps operated, they would do 2 or 3 bilaterals and 4 unilaterals each day. So in 2012 their total of hip/knee replacements was 840!
 
It is unbelievable what a quota these surgeons get through....good job for us THR/TKR candidates...they get plenty of practice . And Bill I wish too that you could have the same. Well done gum168 saving the NHS money.....private insurance is great....sadly since I retired I cannot afford it....however, saying that I had spinal decompression privately and although it was more convenient the quality of the staff were no better....much better food though!! Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Doing the happy dance tonight :dancy::dancy::dancy: (well - would if I could!)
My lovely wife had an appointment with our GP this afternoon - according to my wife as soon as she entered the room our GP was so happy - she has a letter from the hospital that I will be receiving a letter in January to say that I will be having an appointment with the actual OS who will be doing the op in February. So grateful to my GP for pushing it for me. I know it doesn't give me a date for the 'table' but still - I see it as progress!

@Gum168 thanks for your comments Kim :). Really glad you had yours so quickly. We are about 3 1/2 hours north of Brisbane and travel there regularly to see our son. Maybe could catch up if you come over for a visit :)

So in 2012 their total of hip/knee replacements was 840!
@Josephine - that is unbelievable :yikes: the logistics that would have to go into the whole process for that many people is incredible Jo. It could turn into a real nightmare if it went pear shaped I would imagine.

@Hoppy Nanny thanks so much also Chrissie - unfortunately we are in the boat of not being able to afford the private health insurance either. We had it many years ago with a previous employer but it doesn't seem to be a common benefit these days in Oz.

Cheers,

Bill
 
Fantastic news Aussie Bill - the promise of a New Years present - a shiny new hip - I am very pleased for you :)
 
Not able to sleep Bill?

Yesterday was my last day - yippee - on leave now :)

p.s got clarification yesterday :) you will know what I mean without spelling it out hehe :)
 
@Poppet - no been up since 3am - seems usual waking time these days :gaah:You too or just use to being up at this time of day ?
Great stuff being on leave and even better the other :yay::yay:
Cheers,
Bill
 
It is tough when the pain keeps you awake Bill - time will fly (I know it doesn't seem like right now) :)

The pre surgery time is the worse period as one only has the pain to focus on. But once you have the surgery and you can focus on your slow and steady recovery it is much better :)

I am struggling a little with my THR if I bend forward. Bending over to water the veggie garden gave me cramp in my operated hip during the night, so I was up at 4 am not able to sleep.

p.s. Yes, on the other matter, the stress has been enormously distracting, has your 'daddy's girl' found the same? I am so looking forward to trying to unwind. Email on the way later and let's catch up?
 
Don't ask! She has a list as long as my arm - as long as both of my arms!

[Bonesmart.org] Panic stations
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, there's no need to keep quoting posts to reply to them - unless it's several posts away or on another page, of course.
Just scoot on down the the message box and start typing!
 
Hehe! Jo knows me well!

Ok hope you are ready Bill - spinach, chard, silverbeet, lettuce, snow peas, sugar snap peas, every herb you can imagine from different cultures - strawberries, tomatoes, capsicums, eggplant, melons, cucumber, zucchini, yellow squash, mini pumpkin, lemons, mandarins..... And there are plans for more? :)
 
Hey Jo - thanks for that - will remember it in future :) (you know I NEARLY did quote your post just as joke :happydance:)

Goodness me @Poppett! you must supply half of WA with fresh produce!!!:yikes:. What more is there left for you grow? Haven't you covered the whole fresh produce range :scary:

A bit of trivia -I heard today that the Bundaberg region supplies something like 93% of Australia's snow peas - have seen a few crops but never knew that :SUNsmile:

On another note I had a cortisone injection today into the joint - geez it felt weird when it was in there - not much change pain wise yet But I will admit my lovely wife dragged me to do a little bit of Christmas shopping :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Bill
 
Ouch Bill, do hope you get some relief from the injection - is the Chrissy shopping all over now?
 
Thanks Poppet - it is not playing the game at the moment but we will see :shrug:

I have ONE and only ONE more quick trip :)(I have to get my beloved's present) If pain says it's OK I will be at the shop at 8:30 tomorrow AND I know what I am getting which is a bonus :yes!:

How are you going with your Chissy shopping? All done?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom