Guest viewing is limited

Panic stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I must say I am a big fan of the cortisone injection. Woke up this morning with a lot less than usual stiffness and I can manage to get around on just one crutch :yay::yay:
How things change - if someone had of said to me 6 months ago I needed a crutch to enable me to walk I would have been mortified! Now - doing the happy dance :happydance: How grateful we should be for what we have now ...
 
Glad the cortisone injection worked for you Bill. I had three in a three month period pre op...unfortunately didn't have any relief...it works for some...think it depends on the skill of the person getting it in the right area...seems you got a good one....fab!! Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Oh yes...two years ago when I was ice skating, cycling and walking 5/6 miles a day I didn't think that a mile walk with one crutch.....but NO pain would make me the happiest person.....but it does! My horizon can only get bigger from now on.....and so will yours....very soon!! Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Hoppy Nanny - Thanks Chrissie - it is funny how our outlook changes with such things isn't it and what we are consider an achievement now. As a friend of mine is fond of saying - every day above ground is a good day:yay:
I have just got back from my one present buying and it appears that I MAY have had my ambitions mixed up with my abilities - getting some pain again now and back to the two crutches but will rest and see if it comes good.
 
Think that is the trouble Bill with the injection....you feel you can do more because you have less pain...you push the boundaries...hey presto..more pain!! Think ' every day above ground is a good day' will become my new motto!! Love it! Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Must agree Chrissie - thought I was 10 foot tall and bullet proof this morning.. now not so sure :groan:
Yes feel free to make that your new motto - it's a beauty!
 
Re the last few posts Chrissie @Hoppy nappy and Bill @fulafoto. 3 years ago in January I had a hip Arthroscopy that partially sorted out my problem. I also went from dog walking for up to 2 hours or more most days, to struggling with a slow half mile with a crutch (same as this time). It was a tough recovery but just over a year after the last op I walked a modest 3 miles for charity (sport relief). I can't tell you what that meant to me at the time. I burst into tears when I collected my medal and it still hangs proudly on the wall next to our bed, I genuinely had thought I'd never be able to walk that far ever again. I'm determined to do something similar this year. You two will also make it, I promise it feels so great!

Kim

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
@Gum168 - that is so great Kim.... I admire you for your perseverance and congratulate you for your 3 mile walk:yes!:. I am sure you are very proud of the medal as you rightly should be.
Thank you for your kind words of support - they do mean a lot :)
 
@Gum168 Thank you.. Thank you....it gives me such hope for my future to hear that....a 3 mile walk would be wonderful..even if I have to wait a year...I will be grateful after all this &@?! Stuff these past few years.....maybe, just maybe we could all do a 'virtual' half marathon sometime? Thanks me dear for making my day...love Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Me too. I'm in :-)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
Love the new photo Bill :)

I think I will have to pop up to Childers and tie you down for some R & R :)
 
Hi Bill you will be okay. I had my both THR done Lt on Aug 16/13 Rt on Nov 25/13 and I am feeling great. PAIN FREE and looking forward to better days. Good luck!
 
I thought I would come over and say HI. Thank you for visiting my posts. I read some of your posts, not all. You do get to have a new hip don't you? Going to doctor is so frustating. You need the problem solved now and all can happen is wait. I live in the US and I get to wait with you. I was amazed to see that I got the date as soon as I did. Really surprised. Please be careful and take care. Tashia
 
Hi @tashia - thanks for popping in and visiting my posts :). I do get to get my new hip yes but not sure when yet. My GP is a great advocate and she has written to the hospital seeking a more reasonable time frame so will see where that takes me... At this time of year I doubt I will receive anything for the next couple of weeks but who can tell:shrug:. It is wonderful you did get your date so soon and I would love to join you as a February buddy but we will wait and see - fingers crossed!
Thanks so much for your post and also your concern - have an awesome Christmas and a super New Year if we don't chat before then :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom