Guest viewing is limited

Panic stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bill, john here in michigan,you will be fine. I go Friday and can't wait. I was unsure until I studied up on what was to come. I feel the thr will make me whole again and I'm sure it will be the same for you. The doctor will give it to you straight , make your appointment as soon as possible , I'm glad I'm not putting it off ,
You guys will feel mountains better -- just had my LTHR on 18 November 2013 --- 11 weeks post-op and doing so well. This is after unsuccessful hip scope in 2005, and I ground the femoral head down to a shaved off mushroom cap. Just follow all your directions, take it one moment at a time..and you will do okay.
 
Hi Bill, my OS appt is Feb 17. So I hope I find out a date sometime soon, too!
Good luck my buddy
 
@teakea66 - thanks for your good wishes:). I sure hope I have a good outcome from the appointment. This morning we actually do have a very light drizzle which is wonderful :happydance:. I bet all that snow would make things miserable however living in a sub-tropical climate I would love to have it - well for a little while at least:)

@chaseyboy - thanks also for your good wishes. It really sounds like you had the surgeon from hell for your first consult and I reckon your husband's reaction was right! It sounds like he was organising a production line with no thought towards you. Very pleased that you found a surgeon that actually took you as a person into account giving you the options for your treatment and 10th March will be here in no time at all and I hope I might get in around about the same time - would be great to be done at the same time! Unfortunately as you have probably read through my thread here the public system is overloaded so it is a case of waiting.... :thud: As far as the nerves are concerned that is totally understandable and whether you have the surgery or not is up to you but you know you will get so much wonderful support from the members here which ever way you decide to go - personally if I could do it today - I would be there!:thumb:
I am glad your able to do the PT and I would imagine that if you do it within reasonable pain limits it would not do much harm to such a hip like you (and I) have? I am continuing my upper body PT at least - more so to give me a daily routine while sitting around the house than gaining any real benefit out of it - although I must say using the crutches is easier than it was:yay:
 
You won't regret it @chaseyboy ...have you started your own thread????

Not long now bill @fulafoto ....we will all be hoping for an early surgery date for you
 
Don't attempt this whilst waiting Bill, [Bonesmart.org] Panic stations - a meditating dog!

So pleased you saw some rain. It is so dry everywhere and temps are on the rise again. Have you managed to get out for a change of scenery?
 
@Vetgirl - thanks Sally :)
@Poppet - What a cracker :rotfl::rotfl: and no I will NOT be trying that one for sure - actually been many many years since I could do that.
Managed an outing to Gayndah yesterday with my beloved for a picnic. Nice little place and apparently the oldest town in Queensland - who would have thought that! Lots of agriculture (they grow great oranges during the season) and that is where my new avatar came from. Corn we think.
Yes great to get some rain and they are predicting more - would love a day of it - laying in bed listening to it drizzle all day... heaven! How is the weather over there? More heatwave coming???
 
So pleased you had a nice outing Bill @fulafoto - keeps one connected to the outside world :)
Glad you got a chuckle from the image ...
Yes, lots more heat on the way... but this is our sunburnt country with all its extremes and beauty.
Hugs to you and DW xx
 
Thanks buddy @fulafoto - we stocked up on extra ice packs - have one on me right now, lol.....
 
Sounds like a great outing Bill @ fulafoto...in the sunshine. Also @ Poppet....so envy you both with the warmth...we have had so much rain..it's just ridiculous...flooding everywhere and our local beach called Pagham has lost all of it's sea defences due to the bad weather....yuck! Hope your ZoS appointment goes well Bill...not long now! Take care...Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Rain, rain go away and come down to OZ, we need it....

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains.
--Dorothea MacKellar, My Country. [Bonesmart.org] Panic stations
 
I love her far horizons
I love her jeweled seas...
A great poem for sure @Poppet and we have been getting rain for most of the day - just drizzly stuff but better than nothing. I just wish down south could get some too:beg:
 
Absolutely my good friend.. It is so dry!

So pleased you are getting a little - nice to hear the rain and smell it. Do you have a tile or tin roof?

Hugs xx
 
@Poppet - Thanks for your good wishes and this morning it is STILL drizzling :yay::yay: (feel like a weather forecaster!)
Tile roof but can clearly hear the rain on our patio roof - love the sound of rain on a tin roof :)
Hugs xx
 
Yippee... [Bonesmart.org] Panic stations Long may it continue.... then when you have had enough, send some our way xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom