Guest viewing is limited

Panic stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear @Poppet -that is so bad about your infection - bet you feel just yuck at the moment. Hope the AB soon sort you out and your back to your normal self!

As far as the OS appointment is concerned I will take my phone and you can do a video call to him if he doesn't come around - deal? :thumb:

Thank you so much for your congratulations and yes will definitely post the link - I am expecting a phone interview this coming week from them which is a little daunting too :umm:

Thanks also @Hoppy Nanny - it is a web based thing Chrissie so you will be able to see all about me when I post the link :). Weddings can be a LOT scary but my beloved and I use to do them quite often and loved them - more of a military operation really to make sure you get all the shots.

Must have been a nice break to get away to your sister's place - did you compare scars/pain and other stuff with each other?
 
It's a deal Bill, lol...

My end of the conversation.....
'Come on Doc, can't you see how much this man is in pain - how about this week? '

Did you get the rain @fulafoto ?
 
@Poppet - DEAL!!!!!

Rain - huh:headbang: We took our grandson home this morning (about 5 kilometres) and I had to use the wipers for one sweep - I have come to the realization that it is never going to rain again :skep:
 
It will Bill, it will rain - as they say "patience grasshopper" and this is a quality that you have in abundance xx
 
@fulafoto. Oh great that you can post a link....will be waiting for it...love looking at other's photos. Yes, my sis and I compared scars....(sigh) hers is much longer than mine!! It's been manic since I got home with daughter, hubby, grand kids, doggy staying here for my mother in laws 80th birthday 'do'. They've gone now so I'm having a rest .......but hey my hip behaved itself beautifully....not a bit of pain..a bit stiff now but who would have thought four months ago...I could have done all that?(when that awful pain dragged me down). Hope your appointment goes well and you get your date ( for your new lease of life) very soon. Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Hoppy Nanny - thanks so much Chrissie - I greatly appreciate it. We also had family here (long weekend for Australia Day in over here) and felt such a release when they all went. Great that you handled all the family so well and to not be in pain - that is sensational! Very happy for you!!
@Poppet - still haven't received any rain - HOWEVER the weather report says we should have some later this week. Looks like a cyclone developing off the northern coast which is not good but we'll see how it goes.
 
Hi Bill @fulafoto just found your thread and have caught up on your situation.

Thank goodness your GP went in to bat for you 12 months is a long long time in that much pain. I went private and was in within 6 weeks for the surgery but it cost more!!!!!

Congrats on the ABC site....I will have a look when you post it.

Thanks for all your support on my thread.....I appreciate it!!!!!
 
Hi Sally @Vetgirl - thanks for the post - yes I have an appointment in February with the OS and he will then tell me when I will be getting my THR I hope!

Will let you know the link when they post it for sure.

You're very welcome for the support - you are a real trooper Sally!
 
Hi there Bill, @fulafoto. First day of February - your appointment is getting closer - tic toc xxx
 
Yes...that will be exciting xxx
 
Very funny....:rotfl: You'll be able to cross them soon!

Love your new avatar by the way
 
Wed 15 Feb is nearly here Bill.. Can't wait to hear good news :)
 
Aw.... Bill.... soon grasshopper x

[Bonesmart.org] Panic stations
 
Just catching up on your posts and happy to see that your appointment is coming up soon-yay:)
No rain here in Connecticut either, but did wake up to 8 inches of snow. Pretty to look at but miserable to live with. Best to you.
 
@fulafoto...Just catching up with your threads. I hope your surgery date comes soon for you. With my first consult with this hip thing he looked at my xray and said Ok when do you want to do it? Two weeks??What??? lol Didn't explain anything. He shoved his phone in my face showing a patient of his walking after surgery. It was a bizarre appointment. My husband wanted to get up and walk out..lol Well he was checked off my list. Went to another Dr. It was like night and day. He didn't say I needed the surgery.????? He was leaving it up to me. Yes I have hip osteoarthritis and the pain has affected my life. You get use to not doing things. With this Doctor I was told I have to do physical therapy. It makes a world of difference, but the pain is there. I have a surgery date of March 10th. Yet I still wonder should I do this now? Its so nerve wracking. Its to bad you don't live here. You would have had that surgery long ago my friend. How awful to let you be in this pain. I will keep a check on you...Good luck:SUNsmile:
 
@chaseyboy that sounds like my experience! We ran out of there! Glad I kept searching for the right surgeon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom