pamsknees
senior
- Joined
- Sep 21, 2019
- Messages
- 312
- Age
- 69
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
It’s now a little over 6 months since my bilateral knee replacements on Mar 16. I know it’s a year for a full recovery but I’m amazed at how wonderful it is at 6 months! Last week I had a Drs appt on the 3rd floor & in the past I would have ridden the elevator- this time I walked up & then down the stairs with no problem! I had booked a camping trip with my photography club back in Jan & was not at all sure how recovered I’d be & how much I’d be able to do. I was concerned about walking on the beach & the stairs but figured I could enjoy what I could. I walked down & up the 4 flights of stairs to the beach multiple times each day, hiked miles along the beach & rode my bike! I can’t imagine it being any better at a year but will look forward to new adventures. Attached are some photos from the camping trip. Hope all of y’all have successful knee replacements!
So happy to hear of your flexibility and endurance. And a great goal to visit Portugal. Continued success to you in this New Year! 
