Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

OP
OP
pamsknees

pamsknees

senior
Country
United States United States
It’s now a little over 6 months since my bilateral knee replacements on Mar 16. I know it’s a year for a full recovery but I’m amazed at how wonderful it is at 6 months! Last week I had a Drs appt on the 3rd floor & in the past I would have ridden the elevator- this time I walked up & then down the stairs with no problem! I had booked a camping trip with my photography club back in Jan & was not at all sure how recovered I’d be & how much I’d be able to do. I was concerned about walking on the beach & the stairs but figured I could enjoy what I could. I walked down & up the 4 flights of stairs to the beach multiple times each day, hiked miles along the beach & rode my bike! I can’t imagine it being any better at a year but will look forward to new adventures. Attached are some photos from the camping trip. Hope all of y’all have successful knee replacements!

Attachments

Mrs. Ciz

Country
Yay! Yay! Yay! I had bilateral TKR on July 6th. I’m 12 weeks on Monday. I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well at 6 months!!!! I hope I heal and progress as well as you have!

OP
OP
pamsknees

pamsknees

senior
Country
7 months now & life is great! My latest camping trip was far south oregon coast & just over the CA border to see the redwoods. Lots of walking - I walked almost 10 miles one day, much of it on a sandy beach! Last year this time I went to the painted hills in OR & was unable to do a 1/4 mile hike- that was when I knew I had to go ahead with knee replacements. This has completely changed my life. Photos are recent camping trip

Attachments

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
It's wonderful to hear how well you're doing now. That's great encouragement for people who are still struggling in the early stages of recovery.

Lovely photos! Thank you.

OP
OP
pamsknees

pamsknees

senior
Country
It's wonderful to hear how well you're doing now. That's great encouragement for people who are still struggling in the early stages of recovery.

Lovely photos! Thank you.
Thanks Celle - I try to remember to get back on here to post every so often as I remember wanting to see some successes when I was about to have mine done or had just had them done.

DJL1967

Country
Canada Canada
@pamsknees Thanks for the follow up on your progress, it sure gives people like myself hope that we can get back to our active selves again post surgery. I still have a few months at least till I get the call for my bilateral TKR's but I know it will be worth the wait in the end.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
ZonianTerry
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom