Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

sistersinhim

Country
United States United States
Thank God you weren't hit by that car. Your soft tissues are really angry right now and it'll probably take at least a few days for it to calm down some. More than likely your implant is just fine. Those things are very tough.

OP
OP
pamsknees

pamsknees

senior
Country
My knee is much much better then it was. I was able to put the walker away again. Surgeon said continue to ice & elevate until swelling is gone. They said since I’m able to walk on it, I did not damage my replacement, just soft tissue. Bad new is I have to wait in swelling to go away before I get back to bike riding - it’s out there calling to me! I guess I need to be grateful that this is the first blip in an otherwise amazing recovery. I still want to whine tho . Now that I’ve had a taste of having a normal knee & being active again, it’s so much harder to sit around

NightQuilter

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I'm so glad there was no structural damage. Ah patience - it is a virtue. Good luck getting the swelling down! Try to ignore your bike's siren song for the time being!

gooseisland1

Country
Hello Pam,
Sorry to hear about your accident. It does sound like all will soon be back to normal.
I don't know about you, but March 16 seems like a long time ago!

OP
OP
pamsknees

pamsknees

senior
Country
@gooseisland1 Mar 16 seems so very long ago! Life has changed in so very many ways since then...... both my knees & life in general

bikinglynn

Country
I understand your joy at getting on a bicycle. It is scary to think you might injure those knees. Once you get over this episode, you'll be back on the road. It's so much fun! Take care of yourself.

OP
OP
pamsknees

pamsknees

senior
Country
I am back to riding again, doing my best to contain myself & not overdo it ..... 8 miles yesterday & 11 today. I probably could have gone more but played it safe. It’s a lovely 70 degrees with sun & I have so many miles & miles of paved bike trails along the river to explore. I’m loving my new knees so much! I had not been able to ride a bike for so many years or walk my dogs ( who now demand walks)

Attachments

sistersinhim

Country
You are so blessed to have areas like that to ride in. I have to travel far to find nice trails to ride on. I'm stuck riding on the roads and have to watch out for cars.

Birdwatcher

Country
Denmark Denmark
I am back to riding again, doing my best to contain myself & not overdo it ..... 8 miles yesterday & 11 today. I probably could have gone more but played it safe. It’s a lovely 70 degrees with sun & I have so many miles & miles of paved bike trails along the river to explore. I’m loving my new knees so much! I had not been able to ride a bike for so many years or walk my dogs ( who now demand walks)
So happy to hear you are better again! I totally get your love for biking, I love it too.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lisa’s Petals
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom