OUCH!
senior
@jaymo, I'm so glad it helped. I think I haven't posted much lately because of the old, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything adage" I was raised with. Not that anything has been bad, but there hasn't been much new to report and I would just be whining.
I'm tired of hurting. Period. End of sentence. Not sure my bone on bone pain was bad compared to others because I didn't have that miraculous "you will be so happy to have done this" moment that so many describe. I have had pain pretty much from the day of surgery.
Because it wasn't constant before, its hard to remember when Im at my most discouraged just how bad it was. I just have to remember the night before surgery when i tried to spend hours cooking and could barely move in order to remind myself that it really was bad.
And who knows maybe I am feeling better without realizing it and thats why I'm frustrated. I want to be back to normal life and yet my thigh and groin and butt muscles aren't ready. I just wish I could make them hurry up and get with the program.
Anyway, enough whining. On the positive I'm hoping to make it to my 10 year old's soccer game today. I need to go dig out my long johns, because its only going to be in the 40's. Its a rec league and not super competitive, but he loves it and I love to watch. I'm sure he will be so happy that mom is there.
You asked about grandson. None yet.(ooops just realized you were asking about @Tweetybrd 's grandson) I'm still in the parenting trenches. My sons are 15, 13 and 10. My 15 year old is in some ways a little younger because of his special needs, but in many ways is older and wiser than many adults.
This is why I was so stressed about Christmas. This is only the second one since my mom passed and my 10 year old still believes in santa. I want to maintain the magic as long as possible and hoped the in laws would help. That is just now how our family works though, so we will muddle through. My 13 year old is my nurturer. I'm sure he will help a lot. When i first came home with the hip,he was often the one who helped me get in to bed and "tucked" me in.
This Christmas could be a great lesson to all the boys that helping and giving are as important and as enjoyable as receiving.
With that it is time to get moving. There are things that have slid around here as I have been recovering. I need to reign in the chaos so I can begin to prep for the next segments of this crazy journey.
I'm tired of hurting. Period. End of sentence. Not sure my bone on bone pain was bad compared to others because I didn't have that miraculous "you will be so happy to have done this" moment that so many describe. I have had pain pretty much from the day of surgery.
Because it wasn't constant before, its hard to remember when Im at my most discouraged just how bad it was. I just have to remember the night before surgery when i tried to spend hours cooking and could barely move in order to remind myself that it really was bad.
And who knows maybe I am feeling better without realizing it and thats why I'm frustrated. I want to be back to normal life and yet my thigh and groin and butt muscles aren't ready. I just wish I could make them hurry up and get with the program.
Anyway, enough whining. On the positive I'm hoping to make it to my 10 year old's soccer game today. I need to go dig out my long johns, because its only going to be in the 40's. Its a rec league and not super competitive, but he loves it and I love to watch. I'm sure he will be so happy that mom is there.
You asked about grandson. None yet.(ooops just realized you were asking about @Tweetybrd 's grandson) I'm still in the parenting trenches. My sons are 15, 13 and 10. My 15 year old is in some ways a little younger because of his special needs, but in many ways is older and wiser than many adults.
This is why I was so stressed about Christmas. This is only the second one since my mom passed and my 10 year old still believes in santa. I want to maintain the magic as long as possible and hoped the in laws would help. That is just now how our family works though, so we will muddle through. My 13 year old is my nurturer. I'm sure he will help a lot. When i first came home with the hip,he was often the one who helped me get in to bed and "tucked" me in.
This Christmas could be a great lesson to all the boys that helping and giving are as important and as enjoyable as receiving.
With that it is time to get moving. There are things that have slid around here as I have been recovering. I need to reign in the chaos so I can begin to prep for the next segments of this crazy journey.
Last edited by a moderator:
United States




