THR Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo hoo! I walked to school in the cold to pick up my son and feel fine. A few twinges, but the most normal I have felt since last winter/spring! On the way home, my knee started to give out. Thats actually a good thing, because it reinforces my need to replace that too.

I have a few twinges in my thigh, but nothing like the last few days. Hopefully all is well. Now, back to cooking for Tgiving!
 
Made 2 Thanksgiving casseroles and cranberry sauce. Will make a pie or two tomorrow. Glad I bought most of the meal from the grocery store caterer. Hope its decent. My hip is a little sore, but not bad. My knee is screaming and the ankle on the knee side is achy. Woo hoo!
 
Thanks Sheri! You too!!
You are almost there!!!
 
@ouch He gave you permission to skate again? Wow! Never expect to hear that I bet. I have such high aspirations for myself. I just want to be able to take the stairs down to the beach, walk in the soft sand, and play in the gentle surf. We will see what my OS suggests. God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!
 
@SwimGirl, I was shocked. He said you can do whatever you want. Not sure I ever will skate again, but its nice not to be told I can't. I fear what would happen if I fell.
 
What great posts! I'm so glad that your pain has gone and your hip is starting to feel normal. Just in time for Thanksgiving. Many of the store dinners are quite good and you are supplementing so it will have your own personal touch. The main thing is being with your family and giving thanks for a brand new pain free life changing hip!

Keep us posted especially as the knee surgery gets closer.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Feeling very ouchy today. I really hope once my knee is done, I can get all my lower extremities back to something resembling normal and painfree!
 
Hang in there! It is almost time for that knee surgery. I am hopefully you will be much better after you get your knee done and your body can recover from both surgeries. :console2:
 
Thanks @Tweetybrd I hope you are right!

Just wanted to let all my Hippie friends know that my knee replacement was moved up to Weds. They offered and I took it. I figured surgery staff is probably more on the ball on Weds at 1pm than Friday at 4pm!
 
That's great news @OUCH! Hoping that all goes smoothly with the knee. I'll be looking for your updates on the knee boards. You got this!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just came back to the hippie side to wish you a Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.

My knee replacement over all went well, but the recovery has been rough. I was in the hospital an extra night being pumped full of fluids because my blood pressure tanked (75/30). Then, my blood counts kept falling so I had to have an infusion. I was finally sent home after dinner time on the third day. It was over 10 days before I had decent pain control, but now it seems mostly ok. I was switched to dilaudid which I mostly take on schedule, but it makes me sleepy, so I've started stretching out the time.

I'm happy to report that Hazel (my new hip) has mostly stepped up to the plate and taken over the role of good leg. She had some issues going to the doc on Monday getting me in and out of our huge SUV, but mostly is doing really well. Most days I forget I even had her done.

Anyway, mostly came back to wish y'all a Merry Christmas and thank you for all the support over the last 6 months. BoneSmart certainly made my "odyssey" a little easier.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom