Guest viewing is limited

THR Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often have to have someone help me carry up my water bottle or book or whatever so I can use the railing.
I know what you mean about this. I also used a shoulder bag so I could sling it over my shoulder and still have two hands free, like so

[Bonesmart.org] Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side
 
@OUCH!, if your surgeon told you that that your hip was bone-on-bone, it was probably only a matter of time before it would have started in with that excruciating pain. Be glad you never suffered it! Before my THR, like you, I had a wrecked hip joint, but no truly horrible pain. When I originally had a hip x-ray to see what was going on, the surgeon was amazed that I was able to walk. He said he could schedule me for a THR. I waited, and about a month later I did have the signature bone-on-bone hip pain. For a few days I could only walk with a walker, and sat down most of the time. I had one more episode of this and scheduled the THR.

As you say, at least we don't have the messed-up hip joints anymore!
 
I'm back from the OS. Went about how I expected. My prosthesis looks great according to him and it is likely a "muscle strain". He gave me another prescription for PT and would have given me a script for an anti inflammatory, but I can't take NSAIDs. He did say as I was leaving that if it hurt in a couple months to let him know. Good to know nothing horrible is wrong, but also discouraging. I think I will try a new PT place. The facilities where I have been going are gorgeous, but maybe I need a new approach.

Putting in a picture of my X-ray just for fun
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side
    IMG_2336.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 224
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom