Op was off - and then on again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Jo and we only waited 10 mins!!!!!!:shk:He said he could see some significant swelling and feel some heat but he reassured me that it is normal and he had also done some research on my knee disease bless him :thmb:

Rebecca it certainly helped having a more positive outcome I have to go back in 6 weeks and see my actual consultant but hopefully by then things will be improved a lot.

I think my main problem is now I can get about a bit more I have started to do more and like hubby said today I don't need to do half the stuff I'm doing as he is happy to do it for me :D
 
Awwwww, your hubby is such a sweetheart!!

Thanks, Jo, for the info on those names. I imagine they translate fairly similarly to our terms like Resident and Attending, etc here in the US....
 
Although you might have liked to hear you were going to recover in 3-6 months, I think it is really a good thing that your doctor was straight with you. It just makes sense that, given your medical history, it may take a little longer. I'm happy you saw such an honest physician.

I also know it must be very difficult to be patient and work through all your recovery issues. I'd give anything to be able to wave a magic wand and make it not so. But instead, I guess I'll have to settle for just being here for you when you need support and on those glorious days when you celebrate a milestone accomplished. God bless you, Nat....you are such a trooper!!!
 
Although you might have liked to hear you were going to recover in 3-6 months, I think it is really a good thing that your doctor was straight with you. It just makes sense that, given your medical history, it may take a little longer. I'm happy you saw such an honest physician.

I also know it must be very difficult to be patient and work through all your recovery issues. I'd give anything to be able to wave a magic wand and make it not so. But instead, I guess I'll have to settle for just being here for you when you need support and on those glorious days when you celebrate a milestone accomplished. God bless you, Nat....you are such a trooper!!!
 
So glad things went well yesterday Natalie. At least you now know you are on the right track. Jamie is right - you really are a trooper!

Take care!
 
Aw thanks ladies you always make me feel so much better :)

I've got some weight training to do today!It's only tiny weights on my ankles and leg raises to strengthen my quads as PT thinks that this is one of my troublesome areas!

Hope you all have lovely weekends :)
 
Hi Natalie, did you buy your ankle weights? If so, where did you find them. I need some for my PT work as well but could only find the superman size :hehe:.
 
Thanks Natalie - even fits my budget!
 
Natalie:

Isn't it crazy how as soon as we are able to do stuff we are right out there and then payback.....

Don't overdo the quads. I concentrated way too much on them (as my PT told me they were my problem too).

What happened was I ended up with a naughty muscle imbalance and I am now "quad dominant".

The opposing muscles, the hamstrings, were largely ignored for several reasons but the primary one was they simply were too painful to work. I can't see them like I can see my quads, and I was very weak there and through my buttocks and hips as well.
So now I have to re-balance my leg muscles, though I do admit it was nice to see some (ANY) definition to my thigh....

Try to do some hamstring curls while lying on your belly after you work your quads. You won't regret it.
Best,
Sandy
 
As someone who has worked out in a gym for most of my life after age 40 I can assure you that you need to work every muscle group equally. It is very easy when doing knee replacement PT to concentrate on one leg or one area and since most people don't exercise much, the TKR knee responds very well while the other leg suffers greatly.

And since one is exercising pretty much for the first time, do the entire body and get in shape all over. Not only will it be great rehab but your entire body will benefit. Training with weights can be started at any age just go slow and easy and build gradually.
 
It's funny Hugh because hubby said the other day that it doesn't make much sense to work on my bad leg as I would end up with uneven legs!!So I'm doing equal work on both and seen as I but weights I'm doing work on my arms too :)
I have so much time on my hands I'm actually quite enjoying doing the exercises!Never thought I'd here myself saying that!!!
 
So it's 230am here in the UK and I find myself wide awake so thought I would do a brief update :)

Hubby has his Renogram tomorrow we won't get the results for a fortnight but at least it will be done and we can move forward and hope for the all clear.
I had a slight experiment over the weekend and reduced MST to 30mg instead of 40mg to see if I was ready to reduce it I wasn't!!I ended up taking twice the amount of Oramorph So I went straight back to 40mg at least I know I'm not ready to reduce them yet.
Anyway enough from me hope your all doing well xxx
 
Hi, Nat....sorry you are awake at this hour! I hope maybe by now you've been able to go back to sleep. Guess you know about your meds, huh! It doesn't hurt to try, but at least you were wise enough to recognize you still need them and you got right back on schedule.
 
Nat,

How'd the renogram go? I've been thinking of you guys....

xoxoxox,

Linda.
 
Thanks guys Hubbys Renogram went fine 2 weeks for the results though!

We had a few hours in the town after the hospital and I managed 2 hours with about 5 sit-downs!
I'm in agony now of course!!
 
When I was out today I tried to use just one crutch a few times,I did have 2 with me,but it just didn't feel right I can get around the house with one but outside is so different.

How long was everyone else on crutches?
 
Honey, don't compare to others - you are special :)

xoxoxo,

Linda.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom