Guest viewing is limited

Op was off - and then on again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Nat-
I'm so sorry to hear this! They must be just use to you being strong and bouncing back from your previuos surgeries. I think it is time to tell them in plain english you need help. Especially your mother. I tell my grown kids that they need to speak up if they need something. I can't read their minds and I try to stay out of their business so if they need me all they have to do is ask. But HELLO... you just had surgery. I mean what are they thinking?

Some of the other posters had some good suggestions so I'm hopefull you will see something that might work for you. Don't worry about the dirt and messes. It will all be there when you are ready to take care of it. Just do what really needs to be done and you'll get to the rest another day.

Sending you a giant hug across the ocean!..........
Martha
 
Hi Sonja,she knows we get our groceries delivered so it's not something she would help with,I think they just think hubby is managing and so we don't need any extra help and I suppose that's our own faults for not making it clear in the beginning that we would need help xxx
 
Hi Helen we do get our groceries delivered fortunately so that is one less worry and the kids will go to the local shops if we need milk bread etc when they are here and not at their dad's.

There isn't anyone really apart from immediate family that my husband would ask for help and even then he doesn't like doing that,he is very proud and often stubborn man and wouldn't like to admit we need help.

To top it off an elderly family friend who has been suffering from bone cancer has been given only days to live so Mum is dealing with that now and then she goes on holiday on Sunday for a week.

Life often sends things our way to test us doesn't it :(

I just hate seeing him get up to go to work at 4.30am shattered and knowing he has to come home make tea clean etc and then he is so tired he is asleep by 8pm bless him I am so very very lucky to have him.
 
Thankyou for the hugs huni much appreciated :dogkiss:

I think I probably should have just said to everyone right this is what I need you to do and this is when it needs doing!!I suppose I just presumed they would help!
Ah well surely things will get easier now I'm 5 weeks post op,although I did just smash another cup :doh:My knee keeps buckling and its always when I'm trying to manouvere a cup and crutches!!!
 
Then don't manoeuvre cup and crutches! I just posted elsewhere what I did - pinny with big pockets, drinks in screw-top bottles, food in tupperware boxes. Bottles and boxes in pockets - get the idea?

Sorry about your thoughtless relatives. I sometimes think that basically, people just don't want to get involved nowadays. Even for their nearest and dearest (supposedly!). I could tell you tales - but I won't!
 
Jo's idea is good. I didn't do much in the kitchen at first, but the grabber from the drugstore worked pretty well. I know it's important to not buy 'stuff' as it just gets in the way but it did work well in fetching my pocketbook and things around me. My spouse liked playing with it too.

Hope your day today was a better day.
 
Then don't manoeuvre cup and crutches! I just posted elsewhere what I did - pinny with big pockets, drinks in screw-top bottles, food in tupperware boxes. Bottles and boxes in pockets - get the idea?

I promise I won't any more Scott has rooted me and old bag out that's an over the body one that is massive so I am going to carry that around with me from now on :)
 
Jo's idea is good. I didn't do much in the kitchen at first, but the grabber from the drugstore worked pretty well. I know it's important to not buy 'stuff' as it just gets in the way but it did work well in fetching my pocketbook and things around me. My spouse liked playing with it too.

Hope your day today was a better day.

I love my grabber :thmb:
 
Natalie, I'm so sorry you are experiencing the hard-headedness of unthinking relatives and friends. It's a common affliction and one that isn't treated with just hints. You are right that these folks are all wrapped up in themselves and aren't "seeing" what they should be doing for someone they care about (and I do believe they care about you).

You have some excellent suggestions in the posts above. But I also think if you want some help, you need to tell each of them specifically what you want them to do. It may not be worth that effort to you, but I believe it will be the only way you can get through to them. My guess is that you've always been the strong, independent one and they just can't seem to see you any other way.

Your hubbie is such a prize....he gets a BoneSmart STAR for stepping up and taking things over for you.

Try not to worry about it all too much. Your main job right now is to rest and heal. Everything else will work itself out with some time. ((((HUGS)))))
 
Thanks Jamie xxxx

My mum has gone away now for a week and has she asked that I help my sister keep an eye on my 16 year old brother!
My friends have all been tonight to cheer me up and it was lovely to see them but it's the help I've needed more than anything.but i realised they didn't realise how little I could do.So maybe that will make the difference.

I have eased on the physio a bit today my knee was very sore so I iced lots and rested.
 
Have a great time!!!!! And let us know how it goes!!!

xoxoxoxo,

Linda.
 
Glad you are getting out and about today Natalie. Enjoy!
 
Hi everyone I'm having problems with constipation again despite taking Fybogel daily I am unable to go and I have terrible le belly pains it was Tuesday when I last went.
I am drinking plenty of water is there anything else I can do?x
 
Sorry to hear you are still having gut problems Natalie. It's the meds - they really reek havoc on your guts. Have you read this thread in the Library?

Prunes or prune juice, bran cereal, raisins. Do you drink coffee - not instant - the real thing? Sometimes works but you need to be sure to drinks lots of water as well since coffee can dehydrate you. Lots of fresh fruit and veggie.

Sure hope you are feeling better soon!
 
Yes I've read it thankyou Jaycey I'm trying everything it just isn't helping I'm even avoiding oramorph today as it feels like taking the meds is just making matters worse :(
So far today I've had branflakes for breakfast with Orange juice a fruit salad and prune juice and 2 movicols which are similar to fybogel.I've also drank 2 litres of water.
I feel so sluggish and have a terrible headache and basically feel yukky:(
I'm so sorry for moaning guys xxx
 
Is this the longest thread ever?

It seems only a month or so since Natalie was a newbie:D.

It's so long that it's difficult to check back where we are, so forgive me if I cover old ground or don't quite understand.

Co-codamol is famous for bunging us up, I only took two before I set like concrete, it took a couple of days to get going again.

Are you getting ready to stop your pain meds?, because that's the real solution.
 
It's MST which I'm on Tykey which is basically just morphine I'm not ready to stop I only started PT last week and if anything I'm taking more Oramorph for breakthrough pain than I was the week before.
It will be 6 week Thursday since my op and I see the OS on the 24th September.
It has got a bit long this thread might be simpler to start a new one in future save people reading through it all.
 
Don't start a new thread Natalie. Those of us who have followed don't mind reading through or just going to the last page.

You sound just miserable. Those movical sachets really gave me stomach cramps in hospital. That coupled with all the fiber you are eating is certainly not helping the yukkie feeling.

Don't feel sorry for moaning. We have all been there. I just wish I could wave a magic wand the make it all go away. :cnsl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom