Op was off - and then on again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Nat....a very "moving" story indeed. I think you hold the all-time BoneSmart title of Queen in this category!!!

I hope you can now keep it going and stay comfortable. This is a miserable problem to have (as you well know).

Oh my goodness Queen of Constpation this is a title I'm happy to pass on!!

I'm hoping to keep on top of it with diet and some of the sachets.

I tell you what I think helped too massaging my stomach the GP said to do it :)

Natalie, Dont know what part of UK you live, but if you have a Greggs bakers, try the Granary or seeded rolls not sure what they are called. 5 for £1, They make me Go! every time and I don't think i have a sensitive gut.

Ah...yes another success story in "the end".:hehe:

Truly glad things have improved. I have been struggling a bit as well. I think I have found the key for me...omeprazole.

Dr. Oz has quite a few videos on constipation.
https://ask.doctoroz.com/search?query=constipation
Lots of tips and good information. On last Thursday's show he also did a segment on constipation and he said that your sitting position can make a difference. He said you should sit with your feet up on a stool and lean forward to unkink the colon and open it up.

Dr. Oz has quite a few videos on constipation.
https://ask.doctoroz.com/search?query=constipation
Lots of tips and good information. On last Thursday's show he also did a segment on constipation and he said that your sitting position can make a difference. He said you should sit with your feet up on a stool and lean forward to unkink the colon and open it up.

Thanks for the links :thmb:

So I'm sat in the physio waiting room awaiting transport to take me home.

I am at 65 degree knee bend today and he had a good feel of my knee and said it felt very stiff and he thinks my surgeon will want to do an MUA asap :(

I do not want this and I will be expressing this to my surgeon and I hope he agrees. My is appointment next week.

Gosh, Natalie. So sorry. I don't know how you get around at 65 degrees. No wonder you have had such a hard time. Seems they should be pushing you a little bit harder but know that's not the approach for all. Hopefully someone who has been through this will post soon. There's been several successful MUA's come through here, and I understand your not wanting it.

Know I'm not much help. But thinking about you.:dogkiss:

Well, Natalie....at this stage the MUA may be the right thing for you. How far out from surgery are you again? (It would help if you put your surgery date in your signature...:wink:)

If you get dead-ended, many times an MUA can be just the thing to get you going again. But......if your lack of ROM is just from swelling, then that's a different matter. When you see your surgeon, you'll want to have him tell you that he believes you have scar tissue holding you back. If you don't, then I would not be convinced an MUA will help.

Thanks Helen,I have progressed 10 degrees since last week but only 20 degrees in 6 weeks!
They haven't been pushing it at physio as they don't want to cause me any more pain than I am already in and the swelling is quite bad.

Well, Natalie....at this stage the MUA may be the right thing for you. How far out from surgery are you again? (It would help if you put your surgery date in your signature...:wink:)

If you get dead-ended, many times an MUA can be just the thing to get you going again. But......if your lack of ROM is just from swelling, then that's a different matter. When you see your surgeon, you'll want to have him tell you that he believes you have scar tissue holding you back. If you don't, then I would not be convinced an MUA will help.

Sorry Jamie when I post from my phone it doesn't show up but does when I use my laptop xx

It is 6 weeks today :thmb:

I will make sure I find out of it is scar tissue or its just the swelling I am happy to progress at 10 degrees a week at the moment but I'm not sure the surgeon will be.

Thanks, Natalie....phones sometimes do odd things. I thought you had your date in your signature, so that explains it and I'm thankful to know I'm not "losing it" mentally!!!

Six weeks is still awfully early to think about an MUA in my opinion. Are you still resting, icing and elevating your knee a good portion of the day and night? That should help with the swelling, even though improvements may be slow coming. I'm glad to hear that the PT's have eased back on you.

I think the big question is whether or not you actually do have scar tissue that is restricting your movement and (I would ask your doctor about this too) why you are having so much trouble with swelling if you are resting, icing and elevating most of your day.

I know I thought i'd gone crazy too Jamie until I read back through and realised it was my posts from my phone that the signature wasn't in!

Yes I am still resting icing and elevating the hospital have even requested I don't do much weight bearing and stay on crutches until the surgeon says otherwise because of the swelling.

I have had terrible issues with scar tissue in the past so it could be that?Well roll on next Friday so I can no more :thmb:

Well, sadly, I think the adhesions have hit you again, Nat. In which case it would be "soonest done, soonest mended".

Will it just get worse Jo?I never really understood it with my last surgeon as it just got to 6 weeks post op and I was sent for MUA usually at about 8 to 9 weeks and it was the same after each op and I never argued it as I was always in so much pain and never anywhere near 90 degrees!

Natalie, I'm so sorry you are having such a time. Did Martha go through anything like this during her recovery? I will be interested to hear the doctor's thoughts on swelling vs. scar tissue. Perhaps it's both. I was so hoping this was going to be an easier recovery for you. Maybe you have gained the 10 degrees because some of the swelling has gone down. Things will get better, and I know that you will do whatever you need to (however unpleasant). Please do whatever you can to take care of yourself and keep yourself from going stir crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Elf1
    Staff member since October 2019