Guest viewing is limited

Op was off - and then on again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yes, Natalie....I forgot to say that the narcotics can sometimes give you those odd dreams. It will pass.
 
Thanks Rebecca bless the kids they have said they will get up themselves and even though I went downstairs this morning and sorted him out I still wasn't on the ball as I forgot to check his bag and he had snook Star Wars Lego to school!:hehe:
 
You're getting there, Nat. But you need to take your meds by the clock and not by when you are hurting. You're just playing catch-up from what I can see.
 
Hi Natalie, what is brekkie? My last name is Brekke and I have seen people from the UK referring to it several times!:hehe: Makes me feel like I was at the breakfast table!:rotfl:

I am glad to see that at least the "poop" thing cleared up for you. Now, take it easy on your leg and you will be "dancing in no time!":wink:
 
It means breakfast, Sonja.....such a neat British word, isn't it!!! I love hearing it.
 
Well life has got in the way of resting today my son came home from school with a horrible raised rash all over his body so hubby whipped him off to the doctors while I sat at home and panicked and to take my mind off it I made our dinner I sat on the chair for most of it but I was still over doing things as I could feel it swelling up!
Luckily it was an allergic reaction and cream and tablets have helped already!
 
Is it normal for my other leg to be killing me?

I have pain from my bum to my calf it's very strange it's not agony but it is uncomfy to sit on and stand on?Is it just because I am using it so much to compemsate for the other one?
I do have problems with my knee in this leg ut it isn't my knee that is sore.
 
Natalie...think you are correct. We tend to favor a leg. Also, if you are wearing shoes (I wear shoes ONLY when necessary!!!), check them for uneven wear. So often folks have found that after surgery when they look at their shoes they wore BEFORE surgery they are worn and they have to be replaced.

If the calf is not swollen or hot, you might try alternating a warm compress followed by ice. Just a thought.
 
I think you have the answer, Natalie. Frequently when a person is recovering from one joint replacement, the other leg acts up. Pain can be anywhere too....it just depends on what muscles you are overworking with your gait and stance.

I'm glad the crisis is over....now back to your rest program!!!
 
I've had that happen too. When I overdo it, both legs hurt, not just the surgical one.
 
Well it's my first PT tomorrow and I already know there is going to be trouble I have seen the physio I am having before and we clashed heads last time!I have tried to get someone else but apparently he is the only one available I just know I'm going to have a battle on my hands!

After my last open synevectomy my bend post op was about 45 degrees and the physios at the hospital said I needed to do some deep tissue massage on my knee to try and break the scar tissue thy had shown myself and Scott how to do it and asked me to ask physio to do it when I went well he refused saying it wouldn't help he then spent each 30 minute session with me lay flat on the bed And legs dangling and him pushing my knee as far back as possible until I was in tears he said it was the only way I'd ever acheive 90.I eventually ended up back in hospital for an MUA and a weeks intensive physio 4 months post op.
So as you can imagine I'm a bit worried xx So wish me luck xx
 
Natalie.....stand up and refuse to allow him to hurt you. You may have to request to speak to a supervisor. Don't hesitate to do whatever it takes. You don't want your recovery derailed by some over-zealous PT.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom