Guest viewing is limited

THR op/post op since 13 march

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.....yes its a great place what a shame for that time you had to sit and watch....
But later this year especially when its warmer you will be out there again what a great goal to have....walking had always been limited for me because of the polio....which made my left leg work harder hence wearing out hence the op.....but I could do about 40 minutes enough to keep sky running around chasing a Frisbee....I did a garden centre to day and a supermarket last night for my 15 minute walks...might go again tonight ...I could not get a tin of plums :(
 
Hi zauberflöte.....definitely you can buy tinned plums in a thin syrup liquid....I have already eaten all my prunes....which were very productive :yahoo: .....will have to buy tomorrow ..tonight I am going to my gym for the first time to see what I can safely use....all in moderation of course
 
clifford149 haha I think I'm going to bring a couple of six-packs of little cans of prune juice right with me to the hospital, in case they don't have any in the snack frig (assuming they even have a snack frig...) I intend to be very productive from the git-go LOL.
That's exciting about going to the gym. Work out some muscles that have been just begging for a cruise on the machines :)
 
Hi clifford, I really like reading your posts, you have a very calm and sensible approach to recovery which I much admire :)

Fab that you got to drive, I too have an Automatic and also had my left hip done so driving when allowed was no problem for me. Don't think I would have managed a manual for a good while longer! I suppose our next car could be a manual now my hip is sorted but I do like not having to think about the clutch or changing gears, think I got lazy.lol.

Take care

Ann
 
Anniepops I just had to buy a "new" car in Dec 2010, and it was the first automatic car I've ever owned. I kicked and screamed the whole way, I cannot get used to not shifting and BEING IN CONTROL LOL So when I can, I drive our one remaining stick shift car (a 1984 Volvo....) I think I'm going to start a Volvo owners group in the Social Room LOL
 
Dear zauberflöte..Anniepops...Kim22 ...hippie friends

1. A tin of plums took priority over the gym....but the shelves were bare the quest continues?
2. Auto cars are great for city driving most cars also have a manual selection....although driving a Volvo means you will survive any attack from north Korea
3. So today have done my first two lots of 15 minute walks using one stick + using a step leading with the op leg....will serif there is any pain tomorrow....its now 2147 UK time....time for a rest!
 
Why don't you buy tinned prunes clifford?......and what happened to number 3...don't keep us in suspenders :heehee:
 
Enlighten me please clifford...why plums? I don't think I have ever seen tinned plums in the shops. How about fresh ones and you stew them yourself?
 
Hi....I did actually like the prunes and can recommend Californian prunes as very tasty....and I may. Well have to buy my own plums an stew them although they are out of season ...why tinned plums...they are so tasty....so far have tried a medium sized tesco and sainsburys.....will try a large asda tomorrow..... :)
 
Oh right, just because you fancy some plums.haha. For some reason I thought they were necessary for getting you moving in the toilet department. Totally got the wrong end of the stick there clifford :)

Hope you manage to find some
 
clifford149 re #2 up there.... that's why we keep the old 240-- we use it to dive off the top of the Empire State building....
I cannot imagine ruining a perfectly good fresh plum by stewing it, of all things!!!!!! *shakes head, tsk tsk* Clifford, you need help. "Hi, my name is Clifford, and I'm a plum stewer" 12 steps to fresh fruit......
 
Dear zauberflöte....Anniepops....I am now sensing a case of stewed plum facism!...I am now leaving the house t recruit my followers and will prove the exaltedness of the stewed plum...hopefully this time from asda (that's Walmart for our USA friends)
 
I have to come to Clifford's defence on the plum debate Stewed plums are delicious and there is nothing quite like a stewed plum crumble with custard of course.Its the taste of autumn to me or fall if you are from the USA
 
clifford149 Kim22 Anniepops well, I was thinking last night that if you were going to make a plum tart, with very buttery crust, that would be delicious, or a plum cobbler (sort of like crumble but with a cake-y crust and juicy). I thought you were just putting them in a bowl and slurping them up! I refuse to stand for being called a fascist! Fresh Fruit Lovers Unite!!!!!!
PS we know how to say autumn too........
PPS apple pie is fall, also pumpkin pie is Thanksgiving. How do you exalted types feel about pumpkin pie?
 
Dear@zauberflöte....firstly can I say ...l love you....secondly yes we eat pumpkin...I have had it as a tart/flan with sultanas...as a sweet rather than as a savoury....and as for apple pie....my absolute favourite...I grow cooking apples and home made pie with cream...mmmh
Clifford
PS....I feel fine from yesterday doing two lots of 15 minute walks in various supermarkets and garden centres!
..and today is my second day of using a step with my op leg leading....you can really feel the glutes. working....seems to be a great exercise....just make sure you don't pick a huge step to practice on....
 
clifford149 Pumpkin with sultanas (are those brown or yellow raisins, which?) :yikes: nonononononono pumpkin pie is basically a custard pie made with already-cooked,pureed pumpkin and lots of spices (and of course sugar). The texture should be like velvet, the fragrance from the oven inexpressibly evocative. I put a cream and maple syrup glaze on top-- oh yeah..... *hands Clifford a piece, with crumbs for Sky if she's allowed*. She can chase my cats to burn it off...
I'm coming to your house for apple pie season, yes yes yum yum *drool*. :wink:
Yay steps op leg first! yeah, shallow risers are good to start on. You can save two-at-a-time for another day week month.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom