THR op/post op since 13 march

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte I must say your pumpkin pie sounds like heaven on a plate You Americans certainly excel in the pie department We discovered a little bakery in Lincoln that served the most delicious homemade blueberry pie I couldn't get enough of it.
 
clarabo, Hi, the main thing is to be on top of the pain and be as comfortable as you can. That makes any movement easier. Follow your gut feeling. You will know if you do too much one day that you just go easy on yourself for a while.
If you set up your own thread we can keep track of you and your progress without having to search.
Welcome to bonesmart
Barbara
 
clarabo Hi welcome to this site. I had a RTHR 5 days after you and still take Co codamol ( 30 mg Codeine and 1 gm Paracetamol 4 times a day and feel I still need them and will need them for a it longer too.its important to take regular pain killers to keep ahead of the pain and to ensure you can walk, move and do exercises to rebuild your leg muscles.It is also important to rest,elevate and ice your hip regularly to help the swelling. I use one walking stick indoors and 2 when I go out. My knee is also very stiff at night and the incision is sore during the day I also have soreness of the quadriceps on the operated side I would say that overall it is getting a tiny bit easier day by day. So sounds like you are at a similar stage to me.i look forward to reading your thread
 
Thanks so much for your replies folks.... am just laughing to myself... wouldnt have the slightest idea how to set up a thread. Am sure my 11 year old son would be able to show me. Yes I think I need to start keeping on top of the pain relief and stop trying to be a trooper. Have also been prescribed paracetamol and co codamol...tramadol does not agree with me at all (couldnt lift my head off the pilllow next morning) so I really had to stop taking that .am really not great with medicine I even ended up on a drip after operation because the morphine had made me so ill.
 
clarabo I'm sure that one of the Moderators will contact you very soon and give you instructions on starting a new thread I have forgotten how to and I am no IT expert so if I can do it you can too.I had to stop the Tramadol as well as it didn't suit me the only problem with the codeine is its negative effect on bodily functions so you have to take Senna as well as loads of fluids and fibre Warm prune juice comes highly recommended.So the bodily functions can be managed which is good as we need regular pain meds
 
Hi clarabo just remembered if you go back to the beginning of the site there is a black bar " post new thread " just click on that and follow the instructions
 
Hi zauberflöte....a sultana is a yellow Raisin.....?...actually I thought the were different forms of grapes....I need to check...maybe one is red grape and one white....but what about the green grape? I should add that my apple pie has no added sugar but sultanas as a substitute.

Still not got my red plums.....its the gym tonight not the supermarket
 
clifford149 just popping over to say "hi"! I'm getting caught up on all my fellow recovery hippies. Your recovery sounds great! I am 3.5 weeks post op and I have the opposite problem with sleep. I sleep all the time! I sleep 10 -12 hours at night and then another 2 hours during the day. I'm ready to be awake and back to the land of the living! All the prune talk gave me a laugh too. I thought you wanted them for bathroom reasons. HA Ha! :rotfl:
 
clifford149 I always thought they were different kinds of grapes too, but what grape is yellow? Maybe those are the green grapes?
I misread you, I thought you were putting the raisins in the pumpkin! Although I'm not fond of apple pie with raisins either. Raisins in curry, now,, ummmmm yum!
Teacat you sound great! I need to check out your thread-- this alert system is not 100% reliable, or it has some algorithm I'm not catching on to....
 
and today is my second day of using a step with my op leg leading....you can really feel the glutes. working....seems to be a great exercise....just make sure you don't pick a huge step to practice on....
While I was visiting work yesterday, I ditched my walking stick in the staffroom and went around the classrooms walking on my own. We have small sets of stairs - 4 or 5 - and I walked up and down them normally, one foot after the other, just holding the rail lightly. I didn't even think about it, actually until someone pointed out what I had just done I hadn't realised. Those step ups did the trick!
 
Dear Teacat...zauberflöte...Allycat.....great to hear from you

Ally cat...thanks for the step motivation...the step exercise is quite difficult....it involves strength and balance!
Tea cat...I am so envious of your sleeping...do you have restrictions...I have but can now lay on each side using a pillow...last night was a classic.....sleep for 60-90 minutes then often wake from a dream ...reposition sleep etc etc
Chris...I meant yellow sultanas..sultanas are yellowish plump and juicy.....raisons are small reddish-black and more chewy...I only use sultanas in my pies....
 
Hi hippies...its 0914 in the UK been awake a short while......this is a sleep report...have reported several times that I awake every hour or so and the reason initially is a stiff knee but then I lay on my side with a pillow but still wake up because of dreams usually unpleasant the last one featured two people trying to kill me :yikes: I am now thinking maybe it has something g to do with being afraid of sleeping on my side but then breaking the precautions?.....each night I try and sleep on my back to comply with the restrictions but its always uncomfortable!

Any similar experiences or explanations?
 
Yes, it will be and very few people actually routinely sleep on their back so almost everyone finds it uncomfortable. On the plus side, you've only got another week to go and you know what? nothing catastrophic is going to happen if you should happen to turn over in your sleep! Going from day 42 to day 43 doesn't make a difference either because the risk is on a sliding scale which doesn't drop from high to zero overnight! Take a look at the chart in this article and perhaps it will reassure you about the risk of dislocation Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule.
 
clifford149 I agree with you that is reassuring Although I have adapted to sleeping on my back I still yearn to turn on to my side and as moving in bed becomes a little easier I think it's only a matter of time before I roll over in my sleep.When is your appt with the OS ? I like the picture of the puppy. Is it a younger Sky ?
 
Hi....Kim22. My next appointment is in 8 days time although I have been told I won't see the os.apparently my case is not sufficiently important......which is disappointing but as I am not a private patient beggers cannot be choosers.....its all rather impersonal but these os are busy or playing golf...I know its a stereotype! And yes sky as a puppy too cute
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom