Guest viewing is limited

PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-Post Pink​

When I first listened to it I thought `NO WAY' that dude aint cool enough for me. But the more I watched and listened. It grew on me. Mr Peter Cottontail will do for me. Here comes Mr Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail................. Hopping is an underestimated skill. BW would you mind awfully if I pulled out of the Flash Mob rehearsals? I've decided I've got bigger fish to fry. I'm going for the next Olympics. Mr Bolt can step aside. All eyes will be on me as I HOP TO THE FINISH LINE WAY AHEAD OF EVERYBODY ELSE, and of course it will be done to my new theme tune.

Thank you ever so much. Now how can I begin to repay the favour???????????? Will work on it. All other activity is suspended. Here comes Mr Cottontail.....................................



Carol, I CAN'T! You are INSANE! I wasn't planning on getting online today, then I read your email notification. I belly laughed out loud all the way through it. The Olympics huh? :rotfl: As Peter Cottontail no less.... God's speed my lady, God's speed. :loll:I think I'll have my son remix your theme song to include a little ICE ICE BABY! That way you can stop periodically along the trail track and apply ice, and no one would be none the wiser.:tada:

I am so glad that I could be instrumental in launching your new athletic career. :yes: I am also elated that Mr Bolt will be displaced, for I have just the position for him. :wink: Yes indeed! I believe that I have a spot for him in my Flash Dance, oops I mean the Flash Mob dance. Yeah Mon!:egypdance:

Soooo, to answer your question as to how you can repay me, here's what you can do; send Mr Bolt over to my place front and center and I will instruct him further. :ok:

Sincerely,

BW The Flash Dance Mob Coordinator

 
On a serious note, yes I can do that. :skep:

My newborn knee is 3 weeks old today, and I'm at that awkward stage where your head thinks it cleared (till you you try to type or have conversation with someone :rolleyes:) and your body thinks it can do stuff. I made box brownies today. I'm talking 10 minutes top on my feet while I made my coffee (MMM... Multitask Mama Mania.) They were delicious too, might'a got carried away since I haven't had a yummy home-baked treat in a while.

I should be sleep, but I'm tired of laying down in my room. I can't really stand, walk or sit for long, so I don't know what else to do besides post, watch movies/TV or SLEEP! :zzz:

Anybody else feel this way?
 
On a serious note, yes I can do that. :skep:

My newborn knee is 3 weeks old today, and I'm at that awkward stage where your head thinks it cleared (till you you try to type or have conversation with someone :rolleyes:) and your body thinks it can do stuff. I made box brownies today. I'm talking 10 minutes top on my feet while I made my coffee (MMM... Multitask Mama Mania.) They were delicious too, might'a got carried away since I haven't had a yummy home-baked treat in a while.

I should be sleep, but I'm tired of laying down in my room. I can't really stand, walk or sit for long, so I don't know what else to do besides post, watch movies/TV or SLEEP! :zzz:

Anybody else feel this way?
 
bionicwoman If you have time could you answer some questions about ice machine?
I have had it with constantly getting ice in the middle of the night when I am in pain and asking everybody to bring ice when they come over. You wrote about your machine from betterbraces once on your thread saying you liked it a lot. I think I have found it but know nothing about it. Does is last all night? Does is need to be refilled/recharged? How? Is it really really cold? Does it stay that way for long? I am not sure if I want it but this ice thing is driving me crazy and it looks like I'm in it for the long haul. Any advice is appreciated. Thanx.
 
crystals5, I love my machine, wouldn't be without it. :egypdance: I have learned to freeze ice bottles and use them along with ice cubes over night and it will last until morning. The model that I have is motorized, and your OS just needs to fill out the form you'll see on the site. You can fax it to him and then fax it to the company. The motorized one is also less expensive than the regular one, because it comes with the cuff.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

https://www.betterbraces.com/aircast-cryo-cuff-ic-motorized-and-cuffs
 
Honey bunny, I have returned again, I'm so over the Australian internet services, was on, then off then on again, never enough time to get on line, no notifications have come through my email, was expecting a few, non, not sure what's happening, read some of your posts, you battling through the pain and boredom. Need to go and check out daughter stalker also, before I have no internet again.
I miss you girls. XOXO
 
Knee pain, Hey LOLI, Miss you too. Sorry to hear about you Internet drama. Tell those Aussie internet guys i said.... Don't let me come down there!

Sorry you haven't gotten any messages. I think this site is like online dating, when you're logged-in you're "hot" and everyone messages you. Lol When you don't log on for a while, you gets nothing. :cry: daughter stalker and I have not forgotten you Leoniiiiii. We can't wait till our 3rd amigo is back in action full time. :egypdance: I hope your knee is doing better and your hubby's okay. :console2:

I have make myself NOT log on, because I can stay on here all day.

Gonna run now, and try and get off before it's too late. :scary:
 
Re-post Pink​

One example I've been given is of an 85 year old woman who had bilateral knee replacement who was out and about 4 weeks after her surgery.

I wonder what she did at 5 weeks. Go somewhere and sit down! TRULY, I'd love to hear these magnificent stories in person from the horse's mouth. I'm sure the tale would be slightly different.

I once had this guy ask me in wonder why didn't I have both my knees done at once? As if he knew anything about my home situation and who would care for me while I recuperated. :hissy: He then went on tell me that his 70 yr old grandmother who had Bilaterals and was doing her thing at 2 weeks. :rotfl: WHAT WAS HER THING? Because MY THING involves going to work in kindergarten, staying after school and teaching African and Latin to elementary school kids; coming home and preparing a meal for my own kids and baking for my bakery business. I'm not even gonna go into what I do for fun! So MAYBE we have different "THINGS" and my knees are not ready for me to " Get up and do MY THANG" like James Brown yet. lol Besides, at two weeks most people are still on narcotics, so... Do your thing granny! lol I'm sure his story was distorted since his grandmother had passed, and it was a while ago. Shoot, I was gonna call her for pointers. People just want to put their two cents in and they have NO CLUE! :skep:

I was so happy to be out running errands at 8 weeks or so, I really didn't need to hear his ignorant, insensitive comments. Never-mind the surgery! They also have no clue what it feels like to have your life slip away from you, as your body gives out and you can no longer do what you enjoy. Knee Replacement Surgery is NOT for Sissies!

I know when I return to work I'm gonna hear lots of comments. I already have my stares prepared :umm::skep: :rolleyes: :no-fin: :rotfl: and I'm working on my responses. I'm thinking about carrying around a flash drive with the surgery video on it. I'll just hand it to them and say, insert, click and push play. :loll:Basically, my main line so far is gonna be.. "Really, I'd love to speak with that person." Or, "until it's you going through, you don't really have a clue, everybody's different." Not too much worried about burning bridges since I didn't see many people crossing them during my recovery. :ok:


We're all different and as my OS likes to remind me a bilateral recovery is brutal. I did well, then I went downhill, then I started back up, then I got stuck in my PT. I was all over the place! Ya know how everyone can pedal a bike? I was able to make a revolution twice in one week and then haven't been able to make a revolution with my left leg until this past week and I'm over a year out in my recovery! I had friends who said the same thing to me at 4 months. Everyone knows somebody or heard of somebody who was running a marathon by the second month. Yea for them! It took many visits to this site for me to recognize that I would get there in my own time. My knee guided my brain, which sometimes tried to take over from the knee, and then things really got hairy! I cannot imagine having to go back to work even at 6 months. I was a true slow poke in every sense of the word. It was 5 months before I was able to hold down my brake without pain. Today, I pruned 5 cypress trees by myself. I sleep in any position I like at night. I'm no longer limited by what my knees will allow me to do. You will be too, but in your bodies time. Ignore the naysayers. As I used to remind the 12 physical therapist at rehab that I dealt with during my recovery, until you actually have a joint replacement, you only know what you've read in a book. Look forward, go slow, it'll all happen, in time...



Ditzziechick, thank you for sharing your success story. :yes!: I'm gonna tag a couple of members who are struggling right now, so they can see that it does get better. :console2: Rlucillem, seeeeeeeeeee no overnight success story here! @patient99 Maybe your doctor is right about the year after all. :friends:
 
Hey Multi-Tasking Mama,
Thanks for the zip through :) I hope your knees are healing well. Your men are in good hands, Can I keep them just
For tomorrow ( It's my 54 yr. Birthday) I wanna see if I still have it :rotfl:
All my best to you,
DDiana........mmmmmmm, so many men.... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Here's some information for you :martini: :martini: :martini:
 
crystals5, I love my machine, wouldn't be without it. :egypdance: I have learned to freeze ice bottles and use them along with ice cubes over night and it will last until morning. The model that I have is motorized, and your OS just needs to fill out the form you'll see on the site. You can fax it to him and then fax it to the company. The motorized one is also less expensive than the regular one, because it comes with the cuff.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

https://www.betterbraces.com/aircast-cryo-cuff-ic-motorized-and-cuffs

I have the gravity fed Cyro cuff and I love it! When I first came home I used Ice in ziploc bags because I needed a colder temp.
 
IM still here....yeAAAAAAA Internet still working. Waddled into weight watchers today, gained 3.5kgs in 3 mths....YEAAAAAAA WAY TO GO. Well done me, now its time to start watching what I am stuffing my face with.
No sending any of those beautiful cakes to me. Cocktails are OK.....LOL.
I LOVE FRIDAYS.XOXOX Enjoy.
 
**********SERIOUS QUESTION*********** Yes, I can do serious. :skep:
I took Lovenox injections for 2 weeks and I've noticed that I have at least 2 small painful lumps on the left side of my abdomen. That side of my belly is also really bruised from the injections. I know I have fibroids and plan on making an appointment shortly to have the wonderful TransV Ultrasound which I HATE! Perhaps I can have one of my warriors administer it. lol That might help. :umm:

Anyway, my question is, can the Lovenox injections cause lumps in the abdomen? Anyone else experience this? Josephine this may or may not be your area but... :sos:
 
Feeling a little sore today after yesterday's P/T session. Taking a Kneecation today. :egypdance: Looking forward to my future where "Everything Will Be Coming Up Rose... and Lollipops! :yes:
 
Are you injecting in the same place all the time? You should use different places.
 
Josephine, I alternated sides and picked different spots. I now have a tie-dyed stomach from the bruises and slightly painful lumps I can feel under my skin. I also have periodic stinging in my abdomen. I's been a little over a week since my last injection. I made an appointment for the end of the month, to coincide with another appt. I wanted to wait till I was off the Hydrocodone and I'm trying to cut my driving down as much as possible. Unfortunately, it's time for me to have 3 different important procedures around the same time. :/

I'm going to move the ultrasound appointment up, so I can find out what this is asap. I'll just have to get a ride. I have enough to worry about with two recovering knees.
 
Tied dyed tummy, you hippie you. Trying hard to rest this afternoon, legs up, ice on. But no cocktail yet, waiting for the grandsons to arrive for a sleep over at nannies. Promised them takaway and a swim in the swim spa tonight. Love the boys staying, just had the early hours they wake me up. All fun, and part of being a nannie I guess. xo:whistle::whistle:
 
Yeah, I hope my tie-dye look last till next summer, so I can rock it with my String Bikini. :rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom