Guest viewing is limited

TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Micha How are you. Good to hear from you. If you want to tag some one put @and then their name as in micha and when you post your reply it will turn blue and tag the person in question. The @ disappears when you post. I think it helps I take water tablets for my bp when I try to lose weight The less I eat the more water I drink and that makes me go more. It has given me a boost to be good again this week. Hope your apt goes well Micha. Best to get it checked out and put your mind at rest
 
Congratulations on the weight loss Pat, I for one also know how hard this task is and I tend to ignore excerise, so my friend you are doing great! :yay:
 
Well im looking forward to a bank holiday weekend. Unfortunately we wont be seeing our lovely Robyn. Have seen her twice in a month which is silly as she only lives up the road. I really do miss seeing her. Before the op I was awarded a blue badge disability and it ran out this March. I had it for two years. I reapplied explaining about the TKR and my right knee needing the op soon. So its took 8 weeks for them to reply and they say this time Im not eligible which sounds ridiculous to me. My doctor advised me the first time to apply as my arthritis was so bad in both knees. It helped so much as regards parking nearer the supermarket when shopping and generally parking nearer all facilities when out. I cant appeal. final decision. O well. Not a good start to the weekend. Hope it improves.:shrug:
 
Robynhood said ` Before the op I was awarded a blue badge '

Hi Robynhood, I too have applied for a blue badge and am waiting to hear. I am not hopeful, but thought I would try, as someone I know who recently had a hip replaced got one. I wonder if it depends where you live. My friend lives in Kent. I live in East Sussex. I suppose there are so many people having knee and hip replacements these days, that they have to raise the bar, otherwise if everybody got one they would be near to useless. In the info. I downloaded it said that if your condition was going to get better you wouldn't qualify. If I had got one only for 6 mths I would have been pleased. Like you say, it would help so much with supermarket shopping etc. I know one should take the view that there are others much more needy, but there are days when I can hardly put one foot in front of the other for the pain. May be the answer is to stop supermarket shopping and eat out all the time (if only). Pat99
 
It is harder to get these badges now but seeing as ive had one for 2 years and my right knee is in worse condition than my left one was at the time I got the badge AND Ive had the TKR it does seem a little ridiculous.
 
Pat - when do you have your right knee replaced? Do you have a date?
 
Good morning Pat, sorry to hear about your badge.
Could you pop in to see Robyn for a few minutes or would that not be acceptable?
Hope your weekend improves. Keep up the good work with your exercises and healthy eating. I had a bad eating day yesterday, too much cake! Never mind, start again today.
Off to do my cycling, hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :SUNsmile:
 
Pat - when do you have your right knee replaced? Do you have a date?
No date yet Hopper. I have an appt with my OS in November but if I feel it needs doing before it the pain gets worse I just have to see him earlier. Are you also having your other knee done.
 
Yes. It should be end of August or September. I'm not sure how this one is going to turn out yet and I'd really need to have it done over here again - away from my family. Poor old husband is really a good nurse but he's got to work as well!
I can't figure out when i will be back to being able to walk just as far as I want and basic stuff like that.
I want to go back to the UK in July if possible and then I need to bite the bullet again I suppose and come back here and get my leftie sorted.
Walking was so painful, I needed new knees, but I think I'm very impatient and I miss my children and pals so much at the moment.
It's good to link in with you all though. Very cheery.
I hope your right knee stays good for you.
 
Yes Hopper i know exactly what you mean. Its awful when just the act of walking gives you so much pain. Today i went out with hubby to a bird of prey experience. It was only when we got there i realised this could be hard on the old knees. We walked with the birds at least a mile. We then stood to watch them flying and coming onto our hands. So all in all it was from eleven till one oclock and although my knees were begining to ache a little it was nothing like it used to be. I could never have gone that long without sitting down. And that's with one knee done. Going to be double the experience with two done. I hope you sort out things soon. Im putting it off as long as i can. I still have work to do on my ROM.
 
Pat I love your new avatar, you look like you're having a great time!
And just look at yours lovely lady. What a lovely photo of you and Norm. I hope you loved your trip. Time to relax at home now with your beautiful memories.
 
Thank you for the compliment Pat! :blush: We did love our trip and boy are we ready to relax, it was a very busy two weeks! Memories are wonderful! :)
 
Lovely weekend. Knee has been very good. Cutting down on painkillers too. Really only taking them now for the knee that hasnt been done. Looking forward to getting back into my exercise routine as Ive had a break this weekend. Been getting enough exercise running around.and my daughter Karlea is home from Uni for good. Now she just has to start looking for a job. Heres hoping.
 
Glad you had a good weekend, Pat. Wasn't the weather lovely? Back to normal today. It's damp and grey here, boo!

Nice that Karlea is home for good. I bet you're loving that. I'm sure a job will come up for her in time.
 
Thanks Kathy. She has an interview with M/S finance next week. That would do for a stop gap. Shes studied business management so hopefully she will find a good position.
 
My daughter did a business degree too. It's stood her in good stead. Hope Karlea gets the job.
Please can I ask - Did any of you lovely ladies put anything on your scars - mine is very dry looking and scabby. Does cream or oil help?
 
Hopper Hi I put bio oil on mine and its a lovely soft scar. Its expensive but I would recommend it. Ive heard lots of people say cocoa butter is really good. Im sure i was recommended not to put anything on until six weeks post op. perhaps someone can confirm this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom