TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
My leg is not cold either---and I have been skiing for the last six years. I do wear long underwear, but I am almost never cold. And I can't even think of a time when i thought that my lower leg was cold.
 
@Josephine. Hope you can help with a problem I have since my TKR weirdly on both my legs the hairs on my leg from half way down each leg have not regrown. This week out in the sun half way down each leg have come out in an itchy red rash I have never had before. Is there a logical reason for this
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh my, that looks painful and itchy. Have you seen your GP or a dermatologist. I think some steroid cream will at least tame some of the itch. I am allergic to the sun and do get itchy after sun exposure. I really limit the time in the sun and always wear a 100 sun block.
 
I really have no issues when the weather changes or gets cold---I know some folks' knees will tell them that the about the weather is about to change.

i umpire a great deal an work outside on a produce farm, but my lower legs really never gets cold---I do wear special athletic tights that keep me warm in color cold weather and keep me cool in warm or hot weather, but I have never had what you describe.

I would also put a call into your GP to address that rash---I have not seen that reaction here before.
 
Hi Pat its Hopper here! I'm just catching up a bit as I had second knee done last week!
Thinking of you. X
 
Hi well done on 2 knee,it is 3 years since my first was going to have second this year,but afraid had heart surgery this week .Bypas and aortic valve lucky only in Sheffield Hospital 5 days now got bigger scar than knee one.I can only put down recovery to being active knew knee kept me going with swimming cycling and walking ,which before tkr was going downhill.Hope new parts of heart work just as good,and my sister is finally having her left tkr in October,that is when going to Orlando for 3 weeks my daughters treat to us for getting over surgery so same as tkr i am on rest and physio but no ice on heart.Good Luck to all you knee and hippies lets all keep going strong.
 
Hi everyone. I haven't posted for a while but have been suffering this week. I had my replacement 2 and a half years ago and was really pleased with my recovery. Last week however I started having severe pains tot be left hand side of my replacement. I couldn't put pressure on my knee couldn't climb stairs it ways just painful to bend. I went to the doctors who thought I had inflamed tendons and advised an X-ray to make sure the replacement hadn't moved or loosened. However I have to wait 3 weeks for results. Has anyone got any advice to ease the pain. It's almost a week now and it's still very painful. Thanks for reading.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh Pat - all was going so well. I do hope its a minor thing and it gets sorted soon. Keep us informed.
Best wishes to you.
 
I haven't Pat @robynhood I'm afraid, but I'm taking steps/stairs one at a time too and have a great deal of pain. I may go back to see my OS. I have absolutely no idea what the problem is with mine but I've been prescribed Pregabalin for nerve pain as nerves are zinging all over the place now. My knee is so painful in bed, I can't sleep on either side, it has to be my back, which isn't natural for me. I take pain killers too.
 
Sue, have you thought of obtaining a second opinion? Knowing what is going on with your knee would help you understand why you continue to have problems. Maybe a brace would help?
Pat, It could be your IT band? Hope your x rays are OK.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom