TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok weigh in day tomorrow. I think ive lost some this week because I stayed the same last week. So heres hoping. My aim for next week is more more exercise and get this creaky knee going. :)
 
Good weigh in day today lost another four and a half pounds (yes the half pound is important too) so pleased and going to try and up my exercise regime a bit this week. Ten and a half pounds in three weeks is almost at the first stone.
 
Thank you shortie. I think its helped my two daughters trying to lose weight for their holidays so theres lots of healthy food about. Its making exercise easier too so thats spurring me on too. Hope it lasts x
 
Hi Pat, wow another 4.5 lbs that is incredible. :bow:
You are obviously doing something right!!!
Are you finding that your exercises are getting easier now that you are getting into a routine?
I think I am starting to get addicted to my exercise bike. I have been swimming three times this week too. Might not manage so much swimming next week when I am working a bit longer but I will try to do some swimming.
I am so pleased for you. That 10.5 lbs will make a big difference to your knees too. How is your knee feeling these days?
Have a great weekend, hugs, Toothfairy x :dancy: :flwrysmile:
 
Pat,

Congratulations on the weight loss!! That's quite a lot of weight you've lost. I know exercise really helps, and sometimes with the kne one feels they can't do enough exercise. I've lost 18 lbs. since surgery and hope to keep it off.

Have a great weekend.
 
Well done Turtle68, that is another great weight loss.
I hope you are having a good recovery, have a great weekend,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :bicycle2:
 
Wow - a great weight loss. :)
I've managed about half a stone but this week no weight is going despite my best efforts.
Being a bit of a couch potato isn't helping either
Its so much better for the old knees to be a bit lighter so good luck to all in shifting the pounds. :flwrysmile:
 
Thankyou Hopper had a family bbq today to celebrate our lovely sunshine and managed to stick to my diet quite well. Didnt do many exercises but I reckon running around after everyone and playing with Robyn was enough exercise for the day. Im always so grateful for pain free days like this. It makes day to day living so much easier and a lot lot happier :)
 
Ho Pat, that all sounds like good news, running around and seeing Robyn on the same day.
Things are looking up.
Happy Sunday,
Hugs Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Hello Pat, just dropping by to say hello. I hope you are having a good week. How are the exercises coming along?
Hugs
Toothfairy x :yes: :wink:
 
Congratulations on the weight loss Pat, you're getting jiggy with it kiddo! :) I love your little sweeties picture, she is such a cutie!
It's so nice to hear that your knees have been behaving themselves, that is such a good feeling isn't it!
 
Hi Jacky48 and Toothfairy nice to hear from you both. Must admit the exercises are getting easier with the weight loss. Its a lovely feeling Jacky that everyday life is so much easier as well with the new knee. Im really beginning to enjoy life again after years of pain and discomfort and getting the nerve up to actually have the TKR done. I am so pleased I had it done. Next best thing to having my kids. :yay:
 
My little ray of sunshine [Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues click on the photo for bigger image
 
You and I have just posted to Puffin - I'm wondering why you are up in the middle of the night Pat! Anyhow nice to say hello.
Made me smile.
 
Hi Hopper. Your post made me smile too about giving your boy grief from across the Atlantic. Haha what are we mums like. I didnt think Puffins tag had worked for Josephine as it hadnt turned blue so did it again for her.. Poor thing looks very swollen dosent she. Unfortunately I overdid it today. Hence my knee being quite swollen and painful tonight so just cant get comfortable. Even at almost seven months post op it can still happen. More painkillers, ice and a nice cup ofntea should do the trick. Hopefully. Night
 
Do hope your knee has settled down and that you got a good nights sleep in the end! Mine has been giving me a sharp painful reminder it's there when I try to stand up - something that's just started this week.
Yours is still misbehaving at seven months - so I will take heed of that and not expect a perfectly smooth ride.
It's flamin hot here. Hope it's still nice in the uk. :)
 
Hi Hopper. Well last night was just awful. I think I had 2 hours sleep max. Like you I really dont know what I did to my knee to make it so swollen. Is wasnt like the achy swollen feeling like the ODIC. This felt different and it was making very weird noises. After a lot of rest and icing it was so much better today. Fingers crossed whatever it was its healed itself. And I realised I am now 8 months post op. so like you said things can still go wrong at any time of recovery.we just have to be sensible. It does make me smile tho when I read of post ops at three to four weeks saying theres been no change. O my. If only they knew. We live and learn as they say. Glad you had a good visit from your friend. It all helps. Take care x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom