Guest viewing is limited

TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat@ KathyH@ thank you - I can't find anything about what to do with it. Perhaps I should draw a string of daisies around it!
 
Hi Pat, glad you had a good weekend. Cold, wet and miserable here today but the weekend was just glorious.
Lovely that you have your daughter home now. Good luck getting back into your exercise routine.
I am planning to get back onto healthy eating this week as I have been very lax the last couple of weeks.
Have a great week.
Hi Hopper like Kathy I used a cream similar to E45 and also organic rosehip oil. My scar went through a phase of being very dry and flaky too. I think oils and creams help but I don't think it makes a big difference what you use. I think the key points are not to use anything till it is healed and then to use something gentle. I think the massage does as much good as the moisturiser.
Hope that helps, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Pat, how are you doing? How are the exercises coming along?
My exercises have been a bit disrupted this past week as I have had visitors staying and I really noticed the difference doing my step ups and step downs this morning. It is interesting as when I am doing them they feel quite easy now but they obviously do make a difference.
I have managed to squeeze in my exercise bike every day. I also had a cycle outside today which was wonderful.
Hope things are going well Pat,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :dancy: :SUNsmile:
 
Hi TF. Really nice to hear from you. The forum seems to be quiet this week. Guess thats because we are all feeling so much better and of course going back to work. Hope all goes well with your pre-op and your return to work next week. Im keeping up with the exercises very well. I weighed the same this week but dont feel discouraged as I lost a lot last week. Healthy eating and exercise is the way to go. Homewise things are not much better and I dont think they ever will. It does get me down but I try not to think about it too much. Sometimes I wonder where it all went wrong. We used to be one big happy family and I love my grandkids so much. Sorry for being so misreable. Hope your visit from your family is going well. And your friend this week as well. You have been busy. Its so nice to have Karlea home again. Nervously waiting for results now. Thanks for dropping by Toothfairy. Have a great weekend.
 
Finally a day with robyn. My weekend just got better

[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
Oh my what a cutie! I miss my Scottlyn! Did you ever go onto our exercise site - I posted a couple of times but haven't heard from you so was thinking that might be down. Well, families are hard and when they change so much as everyone grows up it's even harder...I miss the easy, let's make dinner days! Take care Pat! xoxo
 
micha I havent heard anything from you on the exercise post since May 6th so thought you were giving it a rest. Not sure whats happening there. The last post i sent to you was May 4th. Im still doing my exercises and bike but havent been doing the points for a while. That was so good tho when we both did that and encouraged me to get the exercises done in the new year onwards. Are you still doing well on your bike, gaining more miles now. Ive had a lovely day with Robyn and feel so much better.
 
I reduced the size of your image, robyn, as it was to large to see well. And I brightened it as well.
 
Josephine Thank you so much. Im still not very good at adding photos. Seemed easier on my laptop than the ipad. Thanks again.
 
Well done Pat, you are doing a great job with your eating and exercising.
It's lovely that you had some precious time with Robyn, she looks so happy. I am sure you feel very much better for having spent some time with her and seeing her looking well and in great form. Hang on in there. Hopefully over time things will settle down and you will get to see her regularly. Have a happy Sunday, hope Karlea gets her results soon.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :dancy: :egypdance:
 
Lovely little poppet Pat.
You and TF seem to do well on yer bikes! I can't even turn the peddles yet. When did you manage to do that?
Well done with you weight and exercising. :)
 
Hi Hopper. I was about 8 weeks when i first got my exercise bike. I went on it for five mins a time at first and never got a full rotation for the first week. Just rocked back and to. My first full rotation was backwards which is quite normal I think. Each day I tried to improve my time even for another minute. When my knee got stronger and used to the full rotations i went on twice a day ten and then fifteen minutes. I had the tension on 1 to start and now have it on 4 and have lowered the seat several times. I was almost on tippy toes the first few weeks the seat was so high. I think its a great exercise as long as u are sensible and try not to rush things. Happy biking and heres to your first full rotation.
 
Hi! You are right - I haven't posted there since the 6th - I have no good reason! :) I am really enjoying biking - Just this week I put in 60 miles with a lot of hill climbing going on. I will check with OS Tuesday to make sure it's ok to do the more strenuous rides. Went hiking and swimming a bit too so very happy with my exercising - but nothing so wonderful to report about weight! I weigh the same and just hope it's cuz muscles are so heavy! lol I will have some good riding time in CA in a few weeks which is always nice because I don't have to get up at 5 AM to get out and back before it's 100 degrees! ugh You sound like you are doing so well and I'm so happy for you! Give your little Robyn an extra hug! :friends: tc! m
 
Hi Hopper I got back on my exercise bike two weeks post op after checking with the physio. I was using my exercise bike regularly for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week for about 6 months before my surgery.
I had the saddle as high as it would go and only rocked back and forward. It took me some days to get a backward rotation and then a few more days to be able to go forwards. I built up very slowly a minute at a time. Once I was getting good rotations I gradually lowered the saddle. I now do 30 minutes a day everyday at the moment and hope to keep that up as I get back to work but we will see.
I did find it difficult at first to get that backwards rotation but I really feel that the exercise bike has helped greatly with my mobility in my knee.
If you take it slowly you will manage to get a rotation in time. Just rocking back and forwards really helped me with both my flexibility in my knee and with the confidence it took to do that first rotation.
Enjoy. Have a good week, hugs Toothfairy x
 
O this nice weather makes all the difference to the knees. Had a lovely day in the garden. Careful to cover my scar. No painkillers yet and its 7 at night so thats also good. Even my non op knee is behaving. :angel:
 
I agree Pat, the sunshine does give me a boost too. Maybe even a spring in my step?
I have survived my first morning back at work. I followed that with a lovely swim and now I am having a rest with my feet up and an ice pack. Hope you are having a good day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile:
 
Non op knee behaving - great! Pat - are you covering your scar from the sun or soil?
The physio said my scar isn't totally closed so I shouldn't swim - disappointing.
I'm trying to get a better seat for my flight home in a four weeks time but can't get my ticket upgraded despite having mounds of air miles.
A little bit of panic setting in. I'm so desperate to get home and see my family, dog, garden - everything!
I'm especially keen now you are all saying how nice the weather is! :SUNsmile:
It's so good you are all cycling. :bicycle1:
 
TF so pleased your first day back went well. Just dont too much tonight. This weather is just lovely. Im so lucky to be able to sit in our lovely garden and relax. Feels a little weird wearing my 3/4 trousers to cover my scar. Sorry to hear you cant go swimming yet Hopper. I know you were looking forward to that. I hope this weather lasts until you come home. What a lovely welcome.
 
Funny - I keep covering mine too! I just took in a pair of pants to have made into knickers! All my shorts are knee length... Went to OS yesterday - he said I'm stuck with the bubble prob forever....just a weak spot that holds fluid. My ROM is over 130 and he seems very pleased so I am too! I'm going to try a difficult loop again on Friday - 35 miles and way too many hills - and it is so hot...but prob last biggie for summer in Vegas :)
Enjoy your weather! xoxohugs
 
WOW Congrats on the 130 ROM micha that is awesome. Dont overdue it in this heat. You do really well on your bike but heat 35 miles and hills would make me want to run for them there hills. Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom