TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well shopping was - an experience. The BEST experience i have had for a long long time. I can honestly say that is the first time i have been shopping with my daughters and it being PAIN FREE. No looking for chairs everywhere having to sit every ten minutes. We walked around for over two hours. Standing still, queueing up and not ever a little niggle. Thats the first time in five years i can say that. I LOVE MY NEW KNEE. ITS AWESOME.
 
Thanks Marianne. I do love going shopping with them but usually get put on a bench looking after the bags so today was so good. And a long time coming. It does make the idea of getting the second knee done so much easier.
 
Pat, Nice to hear that you had a great shopping trip with your girls! It makes getting new knees all the more worthwhile doesn't it!:thumb:
 
Well x ray results are back and it is osteo arthritis in my hands. Doctor recommends extra painkillers to cope with pain but as Im trying to cut down from my intake of co codamol for my knee its a little confusing. Not sure what to do.
 
Aw Pat, I'm so sorry for the bad news! :console2: This arthritis stuff is for the birds my friend! I hope you can find another avenue for pain relief. I have flare ups that get pretty painful, but I'm able to handle it by taking aleve now and then, thank goodness the flare ups aren't always with me.
 
I know Kathy, not a lot we can take for this horrible disease. Just be a juggling act to see how much medication to take. I am only taking co codamol and did look at Aleve but this medication is not good for people with high blood pressure so that leaves me out.
 
Oh what a quandry for you, Pat. My Mum has it in her hands too and although her hands are okay most of the time, when it does flare up it is very painful for her.

Shame you can't take the Aleve. My Mum wears by her copper band she wears on her wrist. Have you tried one of these? I'm not personally convinced they work, but I would try anything. I wore one for my knee many years ago, but all it did for me was make my wrist turn green :heehee:
 
Well i dont really want a green wrist but I have heard of these bracelets but never had one. I guess it wouldnt hurt to try.i will try anything once if theres a hope it will help. :)
 
Hi Pat, sorry to hear about your osteoarthritis in your hands. I hope you can get some pain relief sorted.
Good news about your knee, it is very encouraging to hear about your shopping trips.
I have heard that warm paraffin wax can be soothing for arthritis in your hands.
I hope that your sleep has settled again, take care, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :happydance:
 
:sad: Sorry to hear this Pat but after a long life of overdoing I am paying the price.... I hold my hands in my warm wash water in the morning for a couple of minutes and it helps limber them up. I used to hot tub for 5 minutes before my AM shower to get moving in the morning when I drove truck. Heat helps. :giggle: I maintain a glass of wine helps too!:cheers:
 
Hi Pat, I hope you are enjoying the lovely sunny weather. Hopefully the warmer weather will ease your hands.
Enjoy the holiday weekend,
Toothfairy x :dancy:
 
Having a very quiet bank holiday weekend. Husband working trying to catch up with work. Everyone wants their garden doing when the weather gets better. My knee has gone stiff and swollen again. This recovery is so frustrating. Just when you seem to be getting somewhere you take steps back again. Quiet day I think and hopefully be better tomorrow.
 
Hi Pat, sorry to hear your knee is having a tantrum again. I hope the rest will help settle it.
Mine is much better today after a couple of days rest but it is still demanding gentle treatment.
Hope,you have been enjoying the sunshine,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Looks like the knee tantrum is over today. Thats because I was so good yday and just rested. Its such a weird feeling waking up these days. My knee is painful on waking but also my hand and my elbow joint feel like severe pins and needles and it takes a while to get the feeling back. All down my left side. I didnt have this with just my knee. My hand feels twice the size it is. O well Im sure things will settle down again. All part of my journey.
 
Hi Pat, life is just not being kind to you at the moment. :sad: I hope things settle for you soon.
I hope the party plans are getting sorted too.
I am glad your knee has settled after some rest, that is one bright spot in the horizon.
Have a lovely day and enjoy the lovely sunshine, :SUNsmile:
Hugs, Toothfairy x :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Pat, happy Friday, I hope things are improving for you,
Hugs and flowers,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom