TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we had our knee done at the same time, I saw my OS this week and he said 5 more months until pain free. Okay. I must say it's better than it was, a lot better, but some days it still hurts quite a bit. Other days its good. Lindsay takes Celebrex for her hands. I don't think that's too good for you but she feels like it's helps quite a bit.
 
First time in a long time ive been on a bouncy castle. See what a new knee can do.
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 186
Good morning Pat, what wonderful photos. Looks like it was a great party.
These are definitely photos to keep handy and get out when you are feeling blue. They can't fail to cheer you up.
Have a great Sunday,
Hugs Toothfairy x :happydance: :dancy:
 
Thanks Ladies. I had a lovely day and actually joined in with the fun instead of sitting in the background as I normally would. It was good and I think my kids were a bit worried but my grandkids loved it.
 
I came over to see how everything is and I see you are having problems sleeping. That is such a pain. Have you tried having some herbal tea just before bed time. It will come in its time. In the mintime try not to think about it all the time. Whenever you can get a nap take it. I wish I could send you some flowers from my Garden but I know they are happer here and would do well going thru the internet. So I can sent some this way. :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: Take care Tashia.
 
O thank you Tashia. You have made my day i love your virtual flowers. I am trying to relax at night and make bed time a happy relaxed time again instead of dreading it. Heres hoping. Thank you for dropping. By tashia it was lovely to hear from you.
 
Since we had our knee done at the same time, I saw my OS this week and he said 5 more months until pain free. Okay. I must say it's better than it was, a lot better, but some days it still hurts quite a bit. Other days its good. Lindsay takes Celebrex for her hands. I don't think that's too good for you but she feels like it's helps quite a bit.
Hi Randi, why do think the Celebrex might not be ideal for me? rlwintin
 
I mean, I don't think Celebrex is good for one, not just you. I think it can be hard on the stomach and it is an NSAID. But I don't really know anything.
 
Well another week in our road to recovery. Knee isnt acting too badly at the moment. ROM still not very good at all but I keep trying every day to make it a little better. First thing in a morning is still a non starter even at the six month stage. Takes a while before I can get it moving. My right knee seems to be deteriorating very quickly at the moment and im trying to ignore it which is not very mature of me but I really do want to sort my TKR knee out first as I know I will have to depend on it such a lot when the other one gets done. Thought my appt was tomorrow but its actually Thursday. 9.30 in a morning so that could be interesting with my stiff knee. Happy Healing Week everyone.
 
Hi Pat,
I am glad your knee is behaving. in a strange way it might be quite useful if your knee is stiff when you go to physio.
Instead of you explaining about the stiffness in the morning the physio will be able to see and assess it. Hopefully this will help them to devise a plan for you. I think you are wise to try to get knee one sorted before knee two. Might be worth discussing that with the physio too.
Have a great day and happy healing,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
Woo hoo, love the photo of you on the bouncy castle :thumb:

Sorry to hear you are still having problems sleeping. I have slept like a baby these past few weeks. Last night though I reckon I got no more than three hours. My mind was hyperactive. There is so much going on, all I could think about was outfits, accommodation, travel, arrangements. I seem to have the job of organising everything. Don't mind really though.

Good luck for Thursday :flwrysmile:
 
5.35 in the morning and wide awake yet again. KathyH what are you planning for. Anything exciting. My mind isnt racing. Just wont sleep. Im so pleased I dont have to work. I would be a complete wreck. Will get my. Book out and try that. Nytol are a failure.
 
Aw so sorry you couldn't sleep again. I know how horrible and frustrating it is. I slept much better last night.

Am in the middle of organising Kelly's hen weekend in Edinburgh, which is at the end of July. There are 18 of us and I have booked the accommodation - a large house which will accommodate us all, plus flights for some of us. Now I have to try and find something we can do on the Saturday during the day and the evening (arrive in Edinburgh Friday morning and leave Sunday evening). Katrina and one of Kelly's friends had agreed to do everything, but they just weren't getting their *rses into gear, so I stepped up and got everything moving.

I have also organised flights and accommodation for myself, Ray and my Mum when we go to my cousin's daughter's wedding in Jersey in August. I tell you, it's all go and we shall be broke for the next year :heehee:

Russell and Alice's wedding is three weeks this Saturday. Finally got my outfit on Saturday - a lovely dress and matching jacket. My clutch bag and fascinator is being delivered today. So am all kitted out apart from shoes. I will put pics up on my thread, so I don't overtake your one, Pat.

Hope you can catch up with a bit of shut eye today if you can.
 
Wow you are being a busy bee. Bet you couldnt have done all this running around before. I bet it was nice geting your new outfit as well now youve lost all that weight. Love to see the pictures. Dont forget to rest inbetween tho.
 
Hi Pat, are you a tea drinker? I drink lots of tea and a while ago switched to decaf tea when I was having a spell of poor sleep.
It took me a bit of time to get used to it but my sleep has improved. Might be worth a try.
I have started waking up quite early in the morning too, often around 5:30-6 am. In my case I think it is because I am still going to bed early most nights.
Any new knitting projects? I have made progress with my granddaughters aran, hopefully finish it before they visit in a couple of weeks.
Happy Wednesday, hugs, Toothfairy x :dancy: :happydance:
 
Hi TF. Havent heard from you in a couple of days. Hoping you were OK. Thanks for the tea idea. I am willing to try anything at the moment im so weary with it all. Im doing another little cardigan for my neice Emily, but am looking forward to getting stuck into something bigger again soon. I love to x stitch as well so might start another one. How are you? Are you looking forward to getting back into the workplace. Contact with humans again instead of boring day time tele. Its a little weird with second TKR looming isnt it. Im still very sad things arent good with seeing little Robyn again. Its heartbreaking. Just cant see things improving any time soon. I bet you are looking forward to your grand daughters visiting soon. Have a lovely day and take care Toothfairy
 
Hi Pat, I am starting to feel positive about going back to work. I have been very lazy the past few days, I have been tired too as I had a very poor sleep on Sunday night and was awake from about 3 am so I was tired on Monday and shattered yesterday. I was feeling unwell last night, sneezing etc but feel much better today.
Thankfully my knee has settled down after last weeks hiccup. I have been resting it a lot, hence the knitting is progressing and the house does not bear close inspection.
Off to knit and ice for a bit.
I have so much sympathy for your difficulties with Robyn. Time is a great healer. All you can do is be there and do everything in your power to keep the lines of communication open. If Robyn's mum can see that your only agenda is loving Robyn hopefully she will maintain the bond. My heart breaks for you, :sad:
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance:
:flwrysmile:
 
Morning Pat - just catching up on your thread. I'm glad Robyns party was good but sorry to hear relations etc arent great at the moment... hopefully things will sort out in time, its a shame though. :friends:

wow 6 months and knee still stiff and sore in the mornings - poor you. Now I look to you as you are 3 months ahead for what to expect. My knee has been cranky this week and its getting me down :cry:

I hope the physio can advise and maybe give you some other ideas for your poor knee. Think Toothfairy is correct in saying to get TKR leg as better as you can before embarking on the other one.... i think you guys are so brave going for round 2 :bow: .

so, this whole journey is taking longer than we expected but we know we will get there, eventually.

My ROM is ok but my straightening is not. when i sit on the floor i seem to have a tunnel under my TKR leg which just wont go away no matter what stretching etc. Am getting so frustrated now.

Being back at work is OK, but honestly, somedays i'd prefer day-time TV against humans :rotfl:

Now Pat, do take care and keep smiling. The x stitch project sounds good. In fact all this craft is giving me itchy fingers and I do like a bit of x-stich myself..

Hope you have a good day, Fernie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom