TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kathy, really looking forward to seeing her little face later. She always cheers me up. Have a lovely day, dont work too hard. Hope your cold is getting better.
 
Can imagine how little Robyn cheers you up. My cold is getting much better thanks. Have left going to see Rayan because of my cold, but will be going round there straight from work tomorrow night - excited to see our lovely little man :dancy:

Best say tatty bye for now and do some work, I suppose :heehee:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
Well had lovely surprise visitors today. And that has made my day. Baby steps but we are getting there. :egypdance: :happydance: :yahoo:
Awwwwww, LOVE!!!!!!
 
Hi Pat, What a lovely photo, made my day, enjoy those lovely cuddles. They are the most wonderful thing.
A grandparents love for their grandchild is such a very special thing.
Toothfairy (with a tear in my eye. )
X :yes!:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
WELL IM GOING AWAY FOR THE EASTER BREAK TO SUNNY NORFOLK (WELL HOPEFULLY NOT SNOWY NORFOLK) HAVE PACKED MY CANE AND MY ICE SO HOPEFULLY WILL HAVE A LOVELY TIME WITH MY FAMILY. HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY EASTER AND DONT EAT TOO MUCH CHOCOLATE.
 
Have a great time. Come back with lots of tales to tell,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x
 
Smashing photos, Pat. Especially the one of you and Robyn having lovely cuddles :) No need to ask if you had a good day :heehee: What a happy little girl is Robyn :)
 
Pat! I guess I have been out of touch for a while and completely overwhelmed with taxes and annual meetings and bookkeeping. I'm sorry to hear about your knee swelling. Boo! You know you won't get as much ROM when it's swollen so it sounds like you have a good plan and are progressing to get the swelling down and work on the bend. It's hard to feel inspired at times but aren't you the girl who said at the first of the year, "Lets get jiggy with it!" Also it's good to know that others are going through the same thing but to a certain extent everybody heals differently.
 
Lindsay and I agree that you should take your husband up on those extra physio sessions. It wouldn't hurt (except maybe your purse). We think that good PT makes a huge difference esp. if you're having trouble.:dancy:
 
Pat, I finally just caught up on your thread and I'm sorry that you went through a bad stretch for a while! I'm glad to hear that you are doing better! It's nice to see that you got to spend some time with your little sweetie! Grandchildren do warm our hearts, don't they! :)

I hope you have a great time away with your family, and your knee behaves itself so you can enjoy pain free fun! :thumb:
 
Hi Pat! I have just been reading all your posts - for some reason every time I've looked for updates they have shown "no alerts" so I thought you had been off line all this time! I'm so glad you got in to your GP, so sad you have swelling and pain, hate that you have had to go through all of this discouragement and frustration, and it's wonderful that you have seen Robyn and are with your family for Easter! I hope your knee is behaving and not swelling at all! arggghhh! :headbang: I really am happy to read your post that at least this pain is not as bad as what you had preop! I feel the same way - tough recovery but way tougher to always have that bone pain. I missed you and I wish you a Happy Easter and will chat soon! oxxo
 
Well, I dug back a bit in this thread and see we have had some similar depressing wonders as to whether we did right having our TKR's. Mine was a couple of months before yours. I'm still not doing stairs well. I couldn't drive until 3 months post op. I'm pretty good at suppressing my angst, but it is still there.

But who wants to discuss this when you're gearing up to be with family for Easter. Hope the travel issues went well for you and you find hugs as well as Easter eggs.
 
Thanks @riwintin; KathyH; Jacky48; micha; hhilltop Toothfairy; It was lovely to come back from my Easter break to such nice posts. All in all it was a good weekend. My first time away from home since my TKR. We went out Saturday for the whole day and I didnt take my cane for some silly reason and I did have problems with swellng and pain when I got in. I did have my ice with me so that did the trick. So we went out every day plus 2 nights out, no drinking because of painkillers and I coped really well. It was lovely to spend time with all my family and for most part did not think of the knee all the time. I have not measured my ROM yet because I dont want to be disapointed but I have been doing the exercises regularly and hoping it will improve. Heres hoping x x x
 
Pat, I hope you had a nice time away with your family! I also hope that your knees co-operated and gave you a pain free trip!:)

It looks like we posted at the same time! I'm glad to hear you had a good time with family!:thumb:
 
Hi Pat, welcome back. Sounds like you had a really great trip away and did brilliantly with your new knee.
Hooray, progress is definitely being made. Well done.
Welcome back, we missed you,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance: :SUNsmile:
 
Thank you TF. You are doing so well. Especally on your bike. Way to go. Have you been to your physio today. How did it go? Well I Hope.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom