TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pat - I'm thinking about you and hoping you are doing alright. I saw my grand daughter this weekend and thought of you and Robyn. xo :angel:
 
Jacky48. KathyH. Toothfairy. micha. ive been off the forum for a little while everything was getting just too much. Thank you ladies for asking how I was. It means a lot. Its not just been the wretched knee I have had other health problems which thankfully were not as serious as first thought so I am defnitly feeling happier at the moment. My ROM hasnt improved but I am trying not to worry about it too much. It was begining to take over my life to be honest. My right knee has been very painful since the weekend and im facing up to the fact i will need another TKR very soon. I did try to get private physio but it didnt work out for various reasons so I will try again soon. All in all its not been an easy week but im back feeling positive again and its good to be back on here.❤
 
Eek, I posted a reply and it vanished! How did that happen.....
Never mind, take 2,
It is great to see you back again. I am so pleased that you are feeling happier.
I totally understand what you mean about it taking over your life, I was really obsessed before this surgery and after surgery your life is consumed with stretches, and icing, pain meds, resting, massaging your scar, posting etc.
I am sorry to hear your other knee is joining in, I am finding my right knee is troubling me and plan to ask for it to be scheduled for surgery when I see the consultant tomorrow. Maybe we will be second knee recovery buddies.
Take care Pat, be kind to yourself and I really hope things get a bit easier soon,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :kittykiss: :console2: :bicycle2:
 
Hi Pat, I'm happy to hear you're feeling better! Knee pain and other medical issues can take over our happy life that's for sure, I think most of us hit that brick wall at times which cloud our moods! I hope you can get your right knee done soon, which will allow you to live a better and more pain free life my friend!

Stay well, I wish you the best! :)
 
Hi Pat! I'm so happy to hear from you and I just wish everything was wonderful...I'm glad your other health problems aren't too bad and that you're trying to not worry so much about ROM - I knew that other knee was going to keep making itself heard - it must be so hard to think of another tkr before you're all done with the first. But at least now you know what's involved and maybe it can work around your daughter's schedule so you have her support??? Well, I think of you so much and wish for your recovery and well being more than you know! xo
 
Hi pat, sorry to hear things haven't been so good.Remember we are all here for you. Seems That all our other knees have started to join in, mine was terrible at physio today. Told PT that I was ignoring it til next year and then wouldn't think about TKR for another few years. I'm hoping when this one has settled and I've made supreme efforts to get weight low again that it will return to its quiet self.

You will get there and :thumb: for looking at getting the other one done soon as well.

Take care,keep smiling Fernie :friends:
 
Well doctors appointment this morning as she is going to refer me back to the OS to see what his thoughts are on my bend or lack of it. My right knee not too bad today better ROM than the operated knee of 110 while leftie still stuck at 90 no matter what i try and do to improve it. I think with the other health issues Ive been having its been making me feel worse about my knee so hope to get it all in perspective when I see the GP this morning. Everyone else seems to be getting on really well which does encourage me. Heres hoping i get results todsy. Have a good Wednesday everyone.
 
Phew, so good to see you back on here, Pat. Have been worried about you. Hope you get on at the docs okay this morning. Poor you, you must feel like you've been through the mill lately. But as in your title, onwards and upwards, girl :flwrysmile:
 
well doctors went quite well. Instead of going straight back to OS she is referring me to a physio who is highly trained for ops like ours and she will decide if i need to have more physio or back to OS. So im satisfied with that. Im hoping i will get some better recovery now. Im also having x rays for my hands as they are very painful and i will find out if this is osteo arthritis or a viral kind.
 
Both positives then, that's good, Pat. Here's to getting your knee and hands sorted :cheers:

How's little Robyn doing?
 
Shes as beautiful as ever Kathy. But things havent really changed. Mark has met someone else so this has complicated matters even worse. I am still seeing her more often now which im really grateful for. Thanks for asking. Hope little Rayan is doing well.
 
I'm so glad you are still able to see Robyn. I'm sorry to hear that Mark's new relationship has meant new problems. Oh dear, why can't people just live and let other people live, for heaven's sake. Is it a case of she doesn't want Mark, but doesn't want anybody else to want him either? Some people are like that, people can be very strange.

Rayan is doing well, thank you. He has a check up, I think next week. The hospital is local to where I work, so will say I'm going to physio and pop up there. He is still sleeping well. Gives us so much pleasure, we argue how about who is going to have cuddles next :heehee:

This may sounds confusing, but my BIL's sister's eldest daughter emigrated to Tazmania a month ago with her hubby and their four young children (the youngest is only a baby). So Trisha has 'lost' her eldest daughter and four grandchildren. I can't even begin to imagine how she is feeling. I would be distraught! I know Trisha is going out there for a month with her youngest daughter and I think it will be so very hard for her to leave them there.
 
I feel for her Kathy. Family is the thing that binds you all together and when some arent there its just not the same. Mark wasnt really with Robyns Mum as a couple. He had to have a DNA test the works so we didnt even meet Robyn until she was 5 months old so its always been a liile complicated. Once we met her that was it we just accepted her into our family and she has brightened our lives so much. We love her to bits. But now Mark and robyns Mum have both met someone and things are getting very a liile messy with our beautiful Robyn right in the middle. They both love her to bits but both seem to think their way is best. At least her Mum realised it wasnt fair us not to see her. O dear life gets complicated dosent it.
 
I hope Mark and Robyn's mum can come to a compromise where everyone is happy. That can be done, if only they can both see it. They can all be happy. But life isn't that easy all the time, is it. I'm just happy for you that you can see Robyn. It must have been love at first sight for you when you first met her. Yes, grandchildren certainly do brighten up our lives, little darlings :SUNsmile:
 
well doctors went quite well. Instead of going straight back to OS she is referring me to a physio who is highly trained for ops like ours and she will decide if i need to have more physio or back to OS. So im satisfied with that. Im hoping i will get some better recovery now. Im also having x rays for my hands as they are very painful and i will find out if this is osteo arthritis or a viral kind.
Hi Pat, catching up with you today. That sounds really promising. I hope you. Don't have too long to wait to see the physio. Sounds just ideal
I hope you get some answers about your hands. My inflammatory arthritis affects my hands so I understand how miserable sore hands are. So many little things we do around the house hurt.
I am so pleased that you are seeing. More of Robyn, grandchildren are the best! KathyH I am pleased that Rayan is doing so well. What a relief.
Have a great day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Pat can you tell me what "viral kind" is in regards to your hands? Glad your appointment went well.
Marianne
 
To be honest Marianne im not quite sure. Its the first ive heard from it at doctors. Maybe Toothfairy will be able to help.
 
Hi robynhood and Brownie51 Sorry, no idea,
Hope you are having a good day. Lovely sunshine here.
I am having a stiff and sore day today, no idea why as I haven't been doing anything different except missing one dose of tramadol which I did take at 3 am.
Never mind. Just a blip.
We keep on smiling.
Need to get my next knitting project started, have a few patterns for an Aran for my Grandaughter so need to choose. Exciting,
Hugs Toothfairy x :) :egypdance:
 
Wow what a morning. Woke up with no dramatic pains so quick stretch and exercises, had breakfast and though RIGHT lets do this. Sorted out the shoes at the bottom of my wardrobe actually sitting on the floor.first time I've been been down there since op. then got up with no problems. Felt good tidied downstairs, dishwasher, hoovered, put washing in and then out on line. Mopped kitchen floor, changed bedding. Sat down. And my knee wasn't hurting. No aches or pains. WOW SO PLEASED WITH MYSELF. AND MY KNEE. What a change from a week ago. Maybe its the change in medication I'm not sure but the swelling in my knee has definitely gone down. Please please don't let this be a one off. Lets hope its the start of my brand new knee. .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom