TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I could do with some heavenly intervention sometimes Rita. I will take any help from anywhere. Hope you are still progressing well. Take Care.
 
I have been asking lately how people are doing with kneeling, too. It feels so weird. I try every night for a few seconds. I am determined to kneel then lower my but to my legs without forcing them. That is my long term goal. Not pushing it but really want to get there.
Are you really sure you want to be able to do that Buddhabear. Im sure I have been told you will never be able to kneel properly after a TKR let alone sitting right back. Maybe someone could advise ???? referee54
 
Some OS's tell their patients that they are not to kneel---mine said that I could kneel at six months post-op---something to do about the plastic in the patella---I have knelt a few times---for a very short time each time---and it does feel so very, very weird, so i do not do that anymore. I also would be, personally, afraid to sit back too far, but I believe that my ROM would prevent that from happening.
 
Thanks for all the feedback on kneeling! That is one question I never asked my OS directly. You know, it really does feel like something I shouldn't be doing yet.
 
S
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
Saw this and thought of you. A quilt made entirely from TIES. what do you think? tashia Debbie_joints
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
What a neat idea! Very unusual and very colorful--I don't sew but love quilts, and this one is really fun!
 
Hi noticed about kneeling and sitting back, been offline all week cable cut outside house,best place for kneeling and sitting back ive found is in pool the water helps take weight and cushion knee.I swim 3 times a week and do a lot of exercise in between lengths .
 
Well here we again with the swelling and the pain. I only went to do the weekly food shop which I have done PLENTY times and never had this much swelling. So its back to my GP tomorrow because I couldnt get an appointment with a physio for three weeks. Something just dosent 'feel' right inside the knee. Maybe I need an X Ray to confirm things are ok. Dont want to leave it any longer just in case something is wrong.
 
Sorry to hear you are having problems Pat, I am glad you have got an appointment and hope it will lead to some answers for you.
Is your knee still making funny noises?
Take it gently today and let us know how your appointment goes.
I am off to have my dressing checked again, hopefully I will be able to have it taken off now.
Sending you a hug,
Toothfairy x :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you Toothfairy. Been to the GP. Concerned about swelling and ROM at 5 months. Seems to think the ROM is worse than the last time I saw OS in November according to his report. Gave me perscription for Iburofen see if that will help swelling to go down. Have to go back after Easter and if no better will have to back to see Mr. Banim my consultant. B.P. has gone up again which Im not surprised at really. I feel stressed. And fed up.
 
Sorry about pain but unfortunatley for some it lasts a bit longer i had trouble with swelling a lot and according to wife it still does when she says i have done to much,being me i never think i have done to much and can never tell the difference between my knees they always look same.Now though i swim ride my bikes and walk and tommorow driving for 4 hours at least to see grandkids baby sitting time and none tkr gives me more trouble,hope you are fine my gp will not even talk about my knee he disapproves of me having it done,but tough i am glad i did.
 
Poor you Pat, :tantrum: at least your GP is taking you seriously and will review you soon.
It is good to know there is a plan in place. I hope the ibuprofen helps things settle. Fingers crossed.
Hang on in there. I think you need a treat, it won't help your knee but might cheer you up a bit. :SUNsmile:
Wouldn't it be good if we could all meet up for a coffee and a natter in the real world. :yes!:
Sending you a virtual box of yummy chocolates and a large bunch of virtual tulips to brighten your day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Goodness why was your GP so against you having it done. Thats a first. Good to know you are doing well. I have had a feeling the last couple of weeks my ROM has been getting worse. I can go up and down stairs ok and exercise on the bike but nothing seems to improve it and the swelling at night is unbeleivable. Thanks for your comments. Appreciated.
 
My gp says it is the worst operation anyone can have and will not recomend it,he says there is to many side effects to knee operation .I have seen my gp a few times since tkr not about knee though and before i say anything it is always do not ask about things with knee you went against my advice when i tell him knee is fine all i get is okay whats wrong.Hopefully i will not have to ask about knee till other 1 wants doing which will not be long now i think and then i have to get him to put me in system again should be fun.
 
Hi RICBAK1 could you see a different GP for knee related matters? I am appalled at the way your GP is behaving.
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
  1. Obviously your GP has never had the bone to bone pain we have had to put up with. Yes my knee is painful at the moment but defnitley not as painful as it was before surgery. He should never pass his view so strongly onto his paitents. What if you hadnt been strong enough to say you want to go ahead with it. You would have suffered for years and years with deteriorating knees. How bad is that
 
I am afraid his look on tkr is that there is to many complications you can have after,i do not agree with this but i do know 3 people who have had tkr and i am afraid there surgeons do not know what to do now as they have all had incision opened up to many times and now incision will not heal.They have been told possibly only option is to fuse knee so incision might heal but knee will never bend some choice they have.
 
Wow that is very scarey. I thought TKR operations have gone so much better in recent years and last longer than they used to. Im really concerned about my ROM now as I have now bought myself a goniometer and realise that my ROM was 95 in December and was horrified to see it is now at only 90 so much later on in recovery. I am going to phone my physio again and demand to see someone because I feel I have been treated dismally by these people. If this goes on I will be agreeing with your flippin GP.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom