TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh - we seem to have enough with just our knees and getting healthy! Pat I'm sorry about that clunking - I have it in my hip and it is distressing if for no other reason than we are not tin-men! I hope you've gotten that appt with the physio so you'll get more info. I hate that your son is unhappy and all this affects whether or not Robyn get to see all the people she loves. We have enough on our plates and sometimes all this other stuff is overwhelming and so difficult to handle - and as I get older I seem to handle it less well. Well I'm going to ignore everyone and everything today and go on a ride with a group of people I barely know just to give my mind a rest. I hope you got some sleep last night! take good care and hugs to you and good wishes on that knee! xoxo :console2:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY TO YOU ALL. HAVE A GOOD DAY.
 
I have been asking lately how people are doing with kneeling, too. It feels so weird. I try every night for a few seconds. I am determined to kneel then lower my but to my legs without forcing them. That is my long term goal. Not pushing it but really want to get there.
 
That is wonderful news Pat, I am so pleased for you. I know you will have treasured every moment. Fingers crossed that it is the beginning of the way forward.
Love and hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance:
 
Well a much better day today. Such a lovely surprise when Mark called in with Robyn. She can lighten the day with just a "Hello Nannnneeeee Robyns here". Shes just a little cutie. Mark noticed something else today which I hadnt noticed. He was asking how my knee was as he always does and said Lets have a look at the good knee then. I showed him my right knee the one that hasnt been operated on. I consider that to be my good knee even tho its bone on bone I have no pain from it at the moment. My other knee is still swollen at five months and still gets painful. I wonder when I will consider my left knee as my 'good' knee. Obviously not yet. It just gave me something to think about.
 
Hi Pat, I just caught up on your thread and went through the downs and then ups with Robyn. I'm glad she was able to visit. These things have a way of working out with time (hopefully). I have clunking in my knee too. The doc said it is because they remove some fat behind the knee cap (I think) and that the fat should grow back eventually, around nine months or so. Lindsay says her two year TKR still clicks but she is thin. I'm working on my little fat pads! :egypdance:
 
Oh Pat - how wonderful you got to see both your son and grandbaby! yipppeeee! I understand about the op knee feeling like the "bad" knee - I was very swollen for 2 days after my monster ride on Saturday - sore sore sore. But I figure every time I push it a little then the next time it will be stronger and less swollen. Time - humph! Patience is not my strong suit...lol And like Randi - I have fat pads - yuck - I need someone to diet for me because I keep mucking that up! :) Well take good care - see ya on the bike! xo
 
Well, I meant that I am growing my fat pads! I lost weight after the surgery and was pretty excited about it but now I am back to "normal". I've pretty much had it with trying to lose weight, just trying to be healthy and moderate.
 
My friend with a 5 years old hip and I were chatting yesterday about clicky hips and knees .... I can live with the click.... it is better than the constant pain pre op. but I do not need the fat back!
I have gained 10 lbs and seem to be in gain mode.... No more cheats... must drop 20.... 10 by summer. It can be so hard but I am getting more active again... that should help. :beg:
I am glad your son surprised you that would be enough to make my whole week! She is sooo sweet. :angel:
 
I'm getting a mild chuckle out of us - I remember being 13 and wanting to lose weight - my whole life I've had to struggle just to keep it from being really awful - I wonder when I get to stop caring! lol probably never cuz then I'd be unhealthy and in pain which has nothing to do with looks! I'm with you Joy! 10 by summer! :dancy:
 
Being diabertic, I know that it is just fine tuning my lifestyle:thumb: I am an awful chocoholic and have a huge sweet tooth. It is a good thing I like to keep very busy physically or I would blow up like a balloon. This sitting around with my knee all winter has really 'weighted' me down but fresh greens and working in my garden will fix that.:)
 
Well for some reason today not sure why my knee has become very very swollen and very very painful. I even have like a 'pins and needles' sensation in my toes. I havent done anything differently that I can think of Just the usual household chores. No shopping, or walking long distances. Came to bed early to rest but its now 2.26 in the morning here and Im still wide awake. I will ice it in the morning if the swelling hasnt gone down and go back to basics. Its a mystery.:sorry: :cry:
 
Well thank goodness you have friends in the US to keep you company these let nights! I used to ice at night with heat under my knee in cases like this. Hope you get some rest. It's hard to break that crummy sleep pattern once it gets started. I recommend melatonin or some kind of sleep aid for one week until you get a normal pattern. To cheer you up look on Joy's thread for a picture of Lindsay gardening today.
 
Yes I think Im going to have to try something Randi. This is getting very boring. Lovely picture of Lindsay but it was upside down of my laptop. I must say she looks very good for 7 weeks:)
 
Pat,
I don't know why but pictures taken with my iPad sometimes turn out that way.
Wah!
 
Hi Pat, sorry to hear that your knee is having a 'moment' :hissy:
I think the ice sounds like a good plan. I hope you got some sleep and that it is feeling easier.
Take care,
Sending a hug , Toothfairy x :console2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom