TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
OOOO NOOOOOOOO ITS SNOW AGAIN. DAY IN FOR ME TODAY.
 
Oh poor you Pat, your GP is nOt being great are They. My GP referred me straight to sPecialst and I didn't see them again til after op for meds etc. It's easier said than done, but try not t worry too muchuntil you can see either a decent physio, wish you could hv mine, or your OS again for a proper examination and plan to get the ROM up again.

I'm sorry and wish I could help, hugs, fx
 
Good morning Pat, how are you today?
I love your new avatar, it is just hilarious!
I am glad I shaved my legs, time you did yours :heehee:
I hope your knee is being kinder to you today, take it easy,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning TF. Nice of you to drop by. Im feeling a little more positive today and confident Im going to make progress. Ifeel very neglected by NHS and lack of physio but didnt realise at all my ROM had gone worse not better. Because I was doing exercises on my bike and climbing the stairs properly I assumed everything was ok all beit my knee ws still swollen and stiff. The iburofen seems to be working a little taking down the swelling. Im defnitley going to be making more effort in the exercise department which I seem to have neglected. I try and stay positivie and even try to add a bit of humour with my silly photos sometimes but it was a shock to realise how badly i had fallen behind at 5 months. Thanks for being there as you always do. You are a lovely and supportive BS friend. Have to go find that razor. Speak soon:) :heehee: Toothfairy
 
Hi Pat, I am so pleased you are feeling a bit better and that the ibuprofen seems to be helping.
It is hard to keep up the motivation for daily exercising at home. I keep referring back to my little instruction book to make sure I am getting the technique right.
Good luck with the legs, I think you need a strimmer! :rotfl:
Have a great day,
Hugs coming your way,
Toothfairy x :dancy: :happydance: :egypdance:
 
:friends: Hi pat, l:iagree: with your post. Toothfairy, is v fab and great on this forum.

Maybe upping your exercises will help,I'm fed up of them already ! Can only imagine how they must be so far down line.

Pleased the ibro seems to be working, I truly believe they have helped me lOads, even though I don't like taking them.

Could you get some private physio sessions perhaps, just to get you on track Again?

take care Pat, :friends:. Keep up the positive attitude . :egypdance:
Fernie x
 
You are so sweet ladies. :angel:
Thank you, I do my best,
Hugs to you both,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :)
 
Good morning, Pat. For some reason we both seem to have viewed Judy's threads about her own journey and her husband Paul's journey this past week. It is nice to have a place to come chat with others that are going through the rollercoaster of the ups and downs of post op. I see you are lamenting your 5 degree regress. After being stuck for 4 months at 105, I was finally able to celebrate a 5 degree increase with my PT this week. I say that to encourage you to carry on. Get those exercise routines back in motion.

Take care -

Martha
 
Thanks Fernie for your support. Its funny my husband mentioned last night he would pay for some private physio to help me along. So I have given myself two weeks to see if I can make a change. As i said the iburofen seems to be helping the swelling a lot so heres hoping. Keep up with the good work. Youre doing great. Thank you hhilltop for your kind words. 4 weeks at the same ROM but then an increase. BRILLIANT. I am concentrating on the exercises the next few weeks. I CAN DO THIS. x x x
 
Good luck with exercise swelling can be a problem i had a lot,physio suggested wearing elastic tubi grip for a while as well as rest and seemed to help.Got away from snow for moment am down south playing with grandkids and mending daughters car ,i thought simple things like playing on floor and crawling under cars thing of past but i got there hopefully you will do same.
 
You know what I have learned here is that we all progress at our own pace. I literally stopped all exercise while waiting for some bursitis and tendonitis and IT band syndrome to take it's course. I am just now feeling like my knees are in charge again. I started doing the simple stretches, icing and elevating, as recommended here, and now after two months of what I thought was lost time, I am back on track. My knees are fine. It's like they were waiting for me to take care of the other peripheral issues and they were there waiting in line for me to concentrate on them again. Some of what I am doing now is what I was doing at 2 and3 weeks out with my PT. And they are responding. ROM over 140. Tight and stiff, yes, because they took second row for a while but I feel so confident. They are strong. I know I won't fall down. The pain I feel, because there still is pain, almost resembles pain from hard work or exercise, not pain like something is wrong. I can
deal with that. Hell I did cross fit, ran 5ks and boxed for decades before my knees gave out. I feel now my knees and the accompanying structures are finally not damaged but once again challenged, which is what they should be. What i am saying is, what you will here over and over again here - this is a long journey. Hang on.
 
Thanks for all your support. Felt really deflated last week when I found out about my ROM. Had a few days feeling sorry for myself and then got some lovely encouragement from you all and thought "What am I doing Get on with it like everybody else does on here. So Im back on board and more determined than ever to get that ROM up. I really dont know what I would do without my Bone Smerties friends. They are the BEST.
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
Hiya Pat, just caught up with your thread after being off here for a good few days.

What a lovely photo of Robyn and your son and what a lovely surprise for you to see Robyn. So happy for you and hope that things in that department continue to improve.

So sorry to hear you have been a bit down lately. I KNOW your ROM will improve - okay, slowly BUT surely it will :yes!:

I see from your postings you were up in the wee small hours today - still not sleeping? It's a b*gger, isn't it? Mine is still fairly erratic, but just taking it in my stride now and accepting that sleep will come when it comes.

What weather we are having. Thought our area may escape it, as we sometimes do, but not this time. However, it is melting a lot now. Just when is the spring weather coming? Flaming nora, it's Easter this weekend! I say we all emigrate :heehee:
 
:console2: I think part of the problem is the end of winter blues....:boohoo: I was once told that people who live far north of the tropics do not get as much vitamin D in winter as we are too far away from the sun to get its benifits for the 6 winter months. I take a vitamin D supplement from Oct to April and have found it seems to help the winter depression. (Thanksgiving to Easter) I don't need it the rest of the year because I am outside sucking up the rays in my garden.:egypdance: (or at work in the garden center) I am sure that as the season breaks you will feel better. :flwrysmile: Maybe pick up a pot of daffodils or hyacinths for your windowsill or table.... They can be planted out when they finish blooming to give you a show next year in your garden. I would drop some by but ..... :snork: I am thinkin' it is a longer walk than I can do.... :wink: unless my arrival date is 2050!!!:rotfl:
I have dropped back to Ibuprofen in the morning (and add ASA with 8 mg of codine on days I have to work) to keep the swelling down and it seems to be enough... Aleve (over the counter naproxin) is more than I need... I think it works too well now and takes away too much of the natural lubrication in my knee and causes soreness. if I am really busy I take it again mid day if I need it.
I hope you keep up the great attitude (que Rocky theme) I know you will do great! I am just too stubborn to give in... I refuse to be sad! I refuse to sit around. I refuse to be depressed!!! :giggle: It is just too damn depressing!!!
Take care my friend I am sending sunny thoughts your way!!!!:umm: :SUNsmile:
 
Thanks for the posts Ladies. Nice to see you again Kathy. Yes Im usually posting in the early hours but when I do fall asleep its a better sleep. Not waking up as much. Looking forward to my weekend away with the family, we tend to do more walking so hopefully this will do my knee good. I cannot WAIT for Wednesday. We are auctually looking after Robyn for the whole day. Im really looking forward to it. Not even asking the reasons why. Just going with it. My knee coped very well today shopping with my daughter. No cane and no stopping all the time. Do we see improvement on the horizon. Yaaaaaaay
 
Wonderful news Pat both about your knee, your positive attitude and determination and your day with Robyn. I totally agree with you on the not asking front, who cares why, just enjoy every precious moment. I know you will.
I am so very pleased for you,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :yes!:
 
That's excellent news about Wednesday, Pat. You'll have a fantastic time with Robyn, as she will with you :dancy:

So glad to hear your are sleeping better. When the good sleep does come, it makes you feel so much better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom