Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

Wow @KarriB

I just read your thread and you've really been through the mill. Yet all through, even when you were so fed up, you prayed and kept on going with your positive outlook.

You thoroughly deserve a good vacation after all you've been through. I wish you well and thank you for sharing your recovery.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Ahhh, thank you @Nana moon 27 ! It was a rough few months, but I learned I can only persevere with God's help. I had never even been a patient in a hospital before so I tried to be a good patient. You've had the courage to have your second knee done! I hope you have a continued good recovery, you're still in the early days though, so lots of waiting and resting still.
 
Thought I'd continue this discussion here....

@tigz as a first grade teacher who has taught MANY children to read your "pretending to read" had me laughing out loud! I tried, truly! I downloaded romance, best sellers, but didn't try pretending. Thanks, I'll try that next time! But I was so overwhelmed, sick and exhausted I couldn't even watch tv during my infection battle. I remember announcing on FB when I was finally able to get my reading back, somewhere around March.
So happy you've been able to enjoy reading during your recovery!

@KarriB my mother taught first grade. In fact I'm the only non teacher of four kids, my dad was a junior high admin istrator. Fortunately the recessive teacher gene made it to my third grade teaching daughter.

Comfort reads I call them. I have a TBR list a mile long but when I have my down moments, especially now, I pull out an old favorite. Mostly romance, including the Outlander series, also the LOTR trilogy, depends on my mood. My mother used to say where Julie was found there was always a book! Hubby can attest to that because he makes sure the Kindle ain't laying somewhere on the bed when he gets in bed.
 
@tigz Have you read The Light Between Oceans. Great story, I read it a few summers ago, but it's being made into a movie. When I was a kid there were certain books I reread every summer, particularly Jane Eyre and Ann of Green Gables. Maybe I should download one of those when I get my left knee done.
 
My comfort books are LOTR, the Hobbit, Anne of Green Gables, any Wodehouse, Nevil Shute and Harry Potter. I used to go through the lot of them [except HP] back when I was a slightly bored kid during the summer. I will be found in front of the TV snoozing through LOTR, so comforting somehow.
 
I am very surprised I haven't watched the LOTR DVDs. Really have been reading more than watching TV except for baseball. I think I know more about the Orioles this year than hubby! He asks me what time games are and who is playing!
 
I'd been hoping to enjoy the Spurs play deep into the playoffs during my recovery. So much for plans. But I did catch most of the Finals and approve the eventual winner.

Since my wireless HD connection to bring satellite TV into my recovery room didn't work as hoped, it's probably just as well. I'd have spent too much time sitting with my leg down to watch.
 
I've usually got one eye on the Pirates and the other on my kindle. Except now it's the Women's World Cup. Currently involved in a beach read by Elin Hilderbrand, but up next is The Girl on the Train.
 
@KarriB - I'll be Interested to see if walking on the beach will be easier with your new knee. That's the one thing I'm looking forward to next summer. I grew up loving the beach but haven't been able to enjoy it for a while. Ahhh...to hunt for sea shells with my grandkids would be heaven!
 
The Girl on the Train is very good! Probably commercials only reading.:-)
 
Well, @Gigi32 I still have a very bad left knee that I want to hold onto until next spring for work reasons. So I'm hoping my new knee can do the job. I've already planned to pick one time frame to go down to the beach so I'm not back and forth, putting more stress on the knees. I had to leave my classroom from Oct. 29th-Jan. 29 last year (my right knee died at the beach) and I didn't like leaving my students and trying to catch them up when I returned. If I can hold off till next April or May my students will be at the end of their first grade year and not need me as much. Six year olds are very needy, especially in the beginning. I'll let you know how it goes.
 
Wow long wait for knee. I can't handle the pain of other.


I hope hope your doing good and managing pain with other knee.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Went mall shopping today and needed my cane, not for my knee, for my HEEL!. Plantar fasciitis is painful! Icing it now.
 
Ouch sorry for you. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Ouch! I had that once and I think it was as bad as my knee pain, if not worse. It took me a long time to get over. Keep icing and ibuprofen will probably help.
 
I detest plantar fascitis. I've avoided it for a few years, but I've had several bouts with it in the past.

I'm waiting for someone to tell my I'm using my cane wrong -- that I need to carry it in my right hand for my left TKR. I'll be happy to tell them I don't need the cane for my TKR, it's for my "good" knee.
 
Oh no! If it's not one thing, it's another! Have you tried cortisone?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom