Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

I will tag @Josephine , about about your heel pain, post #18. She can also change your thread title, just post what title you would like.
 
It's in the bottom of my heel, so it is the pad.
Well, that's interesting as I did some research for another member recently and found this nerve, the calcaneal branch of the tibial nerve, which supplies the pad of the heel.

[Bonesmart.org] One Good Leg.


So it makes me wonder if you have any other pain or soreness in the calf that could be applying pressure on that nerve?
 
No,@Josephine. No pain in any part of my right leg. Just the heel and sometimes it's not pain, but a weird feeling of pins and needles that can be sensitive but develops into pain as the day wears on.
 
@KarriB Dont know if this is the same thing but I irritated my retrocalcaneal bursa once wearing loosly tied shoes while riding my bike. The shoe rubbed enough that it inflamed this tiny little bursa in the heel and the pain was miserable. Doc said icing and gentle stretching was the only option since it was too close to the insertion point of the Achilles' tendon for cortisone shots.
 
That's the kind of thing I'm thinking about. It's very easy for a small issue to cause a bigger issue further down the nerve. My recommendation is to seek the advice of a chiropractor.
 
It began when I came home from rehab after the TKR. My sneakers are mules, no backs on them. The only time I had relief was when my foot was on a pillow and the heel not touching anything and it just never went away. It's not too bad in the a.m., but by the end of the work day my heel is very sore. I found socks called sole solution, that have a thick cushion and those are on my feet whenever I'm home. I'll try icing and possibly call a podiatrist? Thank you for your advice!
 
My PC sent me to a podiatrist and he ordered a heel lift that did nothing, next was a trip to a general ortho doc, he did a thorough exam and found the inflamed bursa.
 
Thanks for the post. Figured I better post on your thread.

I had a few bad grouchy rough pt. but there so gental With me. The females is. The males is a bit rough lol.

Hope your doing well. Xxx
 
I've learned to keep crutches Walker close. And if I go anywhere I use crutches. The exercise sound good. My knee still needs to touch the item I am setting on. I'm close. But I had partial in dec. it failed. So March covert to full. Ouch ouch.


But your pt sounds wonderful. Gental means a lot. I think here in Ky depends on there mood lol.

Xxx best luck happy healing.
 
@Angel1978 one of these days I'll be getting the left knee done. But after all my complications I'm waiting as long as I can. My PT group is affliates with my orthopedic group and they share offices. My first PT group was just a mile away, but they were not as thorough or gentle. Because of my infection and a month in an immobilizer I thought it would be smart to have my dr. close by during PT. I loved PT and even talked them into an extra 2 weeks of PT last winter.
 
@Josephine i was reading another post from someone riding an exercise bike. I am riding 4-5 miles a day, but because of my achy, non-surgical left knee I keep the resistance as low as possible. Should I up the resistance of leave it low?
 
From personal experience I don't think your non-op knee is going to let you increase resistance much if at all. The revolutions are helpful for the non-op knee, so ride as long as you can.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You shouldn't do any exercises that inflame your non-operated knee. So I'd leave the resistance off for now.
 
Thanks @Jamie. I thought I was doing pretty good with the 4-5 miles but then started thinking that maybe I should add resistance to help lose weight. But I thought it wouldn't be good for my natural knee which I want to hold onto for a while just because of the infection with my first TKR. I'll keep it on low for now.
 
@Angel1978 one of these days I'll be getting the left knee done. But after all my complications I'm waiting as long as I can. My PT group is affliates with my orthopedic group and they share offices. My first PT group was just a mile away, but they were not as thorough or gentle. Because of my infection and a month in an immobilizer I thought it would be smart to have my dr. close by during PT. I loved PT and even talked them into an extra 2 weeks of PT last winter.



That's good. Mine is close to. And I know he checks in on me. I think he is sweetie. I thought I be able to hold off on not mess with non surgical. But lol on me. Ouch ouch really hurts and achy. We all tend to put more pressure on the good knee to compensate the surgical leg.


But I hope that you remain doing well. It's big roller coaster.


That's good you talked them into extra 2 weeks. That's my plan lol. But offices and places is tricky. Pt is hard. But if we are gental we will go long ways. But I would try to get it done. Cause it will wear out faster. And could cause u more problems. But I'm not saying it will. Just do what is best for your knees. Xxx so you can live a pain free happy life of doing things you want.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I think this is wise. You have to establish your priorities and if number one is to wait as long as you can (although I don't necessarily recommend putting off needed surgery!), then you want to keep your unoperated knee as happy as you can.
 
My natural knee is pretty weak, if I use it to go up steps I have to go up straight legged. I try not to use my new knee with every step. I'd like to hold off until next year at this time because as a teacher I didn't like missing so much teaching time in the middle of the school year, it's such an important time in first grade. But the year is almost over in May and and I would still have a bit of summer to enjoy in July and August. But when the knee gives out there's not much you can do. My OS said it's similar to your brakes going in your car, it just happens one day. But I'm not having to use Aleve or any other pain medication on a regular basis for my left knee yet. So I'm thinking that's good.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My natural knee is pretty weak, if I use it to go up steps I have to go up straight legged. I try not to use my new knee with every step. I'd like to hold off until next year at this time because as a teacher I didn't like missing so much teaching time in the middle of the school year, it's such an important time in first grade. But the year is almost over in May and and I would still have a bit of summer to enjoy in July and August. But when the knee gives out there's not much you can do. My OS said it's similar to your brakes going in your car, it just happens one day. But I'm not having to use Aleve or any other pain medication on a regular basis for my left knee yet. So I'm thinking that's good.





And they are right. But as you being a teacher and being on your feet all the time. It will wear down faster. Best luck.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Back
Top Bottom