Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

The beach will be great! Gotta try, right? Now you know, take it slow!
Glad your heel is better. Sounds like everything is moving along nicely.
 
Plus everyone is pressuring me. Last year we went to Put-In-Bay, not the same as the beach, but I did drive around in a golf cart. But @JennyLynne, you're right. Gotta try!
 
Put-in-bay is quite a party! I'm sure it was plenty fun!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds fun and relaxing.
My prayers is with you. Relax and enjoy the best time.


We plan to go to kings island. And camping with kids. Instead of paying for hotel we go camp so it's 3-5 things to do.





FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
We've been going yo this beach since the kids were born. They think it's their 2nd home. So I felt badly when we didn't go last year. @JennyLynne, I think we missed the party at Put-in-Bay because we went on a Sunday and stayed for weekdays. I guess the party people are there on weekends. Kids were kayaking (I was afraid I couldn't get out of the kayak) and has fun, but this year it's the shore. Plus my nephew is getting married in August at Virginia Beach, so two long drives. But I'll just think of @Kansas Teacher's road trip after a TKR!
@Angel1978 i love Kings Island! They have great roller coasters!
 
@KarriB , we go to Sanibel Island, Florida every year and love it. We generally take our oldest granddaughter along with it. Last year, I was in such pain with my knee that it was miserable. Hopefully, by the time we go again, I'll actually be recovered enough to enjoy it!

Roxie
 
I am going to attempt it. But not sure. If I do I know I will have rest a lot. In August I will be having my left total knee. So with that I want to have fun with kids before I get it done. Last year I was in a lot of pain and could not do nothing.

I hope that your doing well with your recovery... Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Angel1978 my left knee needs done, but I'd like to wait another year because of the infection. So I totally understand having to take it easy on vacation. I will pick my times to leave the house for the beach, not wanting to make the walk in the sand multiple times a day. Kids (all grown) are great when it comes to toting things back and forth.
 
In May, we were planning to go on our first family (ie with my son) vacation, and have my surgery in the fall. But I was so worried/scared how my knee would handle it, we switched the order! Knee... Check! Trip to Playa del Carmen booked for November... check!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne you'like have to tell us how flying goes with the new knee. I was thinking of flying into Virginia Beach, but I may be driving my parents. I think it would be easiest to wear shorts then they can see the scar.
 
Oh @KarriB you have been through so much. I thank you for all the detail....... it gives those of us waiting knowledge of what to look for......I hope and pray your next knee recovers with no issues!!! :angel:
 
I have to get mine done when kids go school. I can't stand the pain of ripping and constant pain down knee. I've put so much pressure on it. It went worse fast. I wants to put it off. I had infection to. Was not in knee but they gave me infusion to make sure. Cause it got puffy and ozie. But thank God it was not. Xxx good luck.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@KarriB , we go to Sanibel Island, Florida every year and love it. We generally take our oldest granddaughter along with it. Last year, I was in such pain with my knee that it was miserable. Hopefully, by the time we go again, I'll actually be recovered enough to enjoy it!

Roxie
Ohhhh....Sanibel is our very, very favorite place to go!!! We love it. We "shrimp" ourselves to death there. And, of course, desserts from the Bubble Room!
 
I've heard Sanibel is gorgeous! It's on my retirement bucket list as I'm not fond of Florida in the summer. @Kansas Teacher and @Jamie do you go in the summer or winter?

@iivesfam5 looking back I learned so much about my faith through my recovery. I believe everything happens for a reason, so what I learned is invaluable to me. Thanks for taking time to read and comment! I'll be watching your recovery and cheering you on!
 
Finally warm enough to swim laps today. Hoping swimming will strengthen my natural knee. I'm reminded different muscles are used for swimming than biking! Whew!
 
@Jamie , interesting that we two landlocked Kansans both love Sanibel! The Bubble Room does have the best desserts but, probably my favorite place to eat is Doc Fords. And, of course, our granddaughter loves Pinocchio's ice cream! Do you have a favorite place you stay when you go? We generally rent a condo.

@KarriB , we have gone in the summer, in October and in March. October is my favorite from the perspective that it's not very crowded and the gulf and air is still warm. But the downside of October is probably that the no-see-ums are horrible and I've yet to find something that is really effective enough to prevent their nasty little bites. March is nice but crowded due to spring break and summer is miserably hot and humid.
 
It has been two years since we went back to our beach, it is what did my right knee in. Walking in the sand put such a strain on my knees my right knee said, "I give up" and by midweek I could barely walk. I'm hoping and praying the same doesn't happen to my left knee. I can't live in fear though...

Ya know this was the beginning of the end for me last summer...Ocean City, MD. It was subtle...but I now consider sand my enemy! I'll watch from afar. :-)
 
Heading to Bethany Beach, DE in July. I refused to go last summer because the summer of 2013 I couldn't walk at all by mid week. Also where I got my infection that eventually went to my knee. I am slightly apprehensive, but didn't feel I could let everyone down again. Just praying I can hold out till next May for my LTKR.
 
Back
Top Bottom