TKR On the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear the bleeding stopped and all is well. I just now wondered if the bleeding could've been from blood thinners.
 
That's awesome!! I know you must be so relieved. Now you can concentrate on your recovery.
 
One thing I haven't mentioned is that my OS sends text messages about what you might be facing around the time it is being sent. Super great concept. Today's message, "Give yourself the time you need to recover, do not try to race ahead to where you think you should be, remember that time is a great healer." They also send exercises, info on depression, meds sleep etc.
 
:goodpost:Yeah great news! Hopefully with that resolved you will start to see a decrease in the swelling. It sounds like pain is better?
 
Your OS is one in a million! I wish all of them showed as much concern for their patients.
 
MY OS quote today, "To get through the hardest journey, we need to take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping!" Thought I would share. It's helping me get through the day!!!
 
Yea, I'm glad the stepping doesn't hurt as much, but it's still a struggle sometimes! :) I like your OS's system.
 
Another crazy question, but I heard you should start using an electric razor to shave after TKR, to try and ward off any kind of infection? Anyone here this?
 
Gosh...I hope not as I've used my razor and shave cream a couple of times now. I'll await and learn from your thread.
 
Ooh, too late for me. Already shaved my legs (not near the incision) :scare:
 
When I hear these things I wonder if that could've cause my infection, but if that was the case there would be a TON of infections. If you're shaving just stay away from your incision. If you're showering/shaving already that means your incision is closed so no worries about shaving.
 
Yup - as soon as my safety stitch came out, my razor was in my hand :yikes: Couldn't let those hairs keep touching things and giving me chicken legs anymore :chuckmarch: Although I do use an electric razor around the scar....
 
I was told no razor shaving for 6 weeks. Because I did both knees I didn't shave for 12 weeks! Had to use a clipper first then a razor!! It was quite a shock of hair! @RMasano how are you doing this week?
 
@Red's Mom I am doing ok. A couple of "blue days"!!!! This TKR is quite the journey. I can't stand watching tv anymore!!!! Moved on to some reading. Enjoy the sunshine!!!! There is none here!!!!
 
@L.I.T I am also at the end of the Internet. I even have even been doing the stupidest online quizzes I could find.
The last couple of days I have had thigh pain just above my knee. I am at 3 weeks, so just wondering if this is normal at this stage?
 
@RMasano Your OS quotes are great! Keep sharing! Regarding the thigh pain, I experienced that particular pain for a while. It's gotten better with gentle self massage. There's an article on the library about massaging. May help you. For me it was almost a "knot" right above the knee. Have a good knee day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom