Guest viewing is limited

TKR On the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your support and concern. The nausea and dizziness are gone because I stopped the norco all together. It was worse than pain. The knee is stiff and painful depending on the hour but I'm doing better. Just the "not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel syndrome" starting to set in!!!! @Red's Mom Loved hearing about your adventure. Continue to enjoy life and have fun!!!!
 
Are you taking the allowed amount of Tylenol for the pain?
 
Hang in there. You'll be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel soon enough. Continue with your meds, ice and elevation.
 
Just checking, I can't imagine not taking pain meds and want you to have anything you can that won't make you sick.
 
@KarriB After today, I have to agree!!! I'm just so confused by these pain meds. I did some exercises on my own today and my knee was very angry at me. The norco were making me so sick, but tonight I had to take one. The tramadol is just not cutting it tonight. I appreciate any advice from any bonesmarter!!
 
Have you tried oxycodone? Tramadol did nothing for me.
 
I was only on it for 7 days. Twice a day. Tramadol doesn't seem to be working for me at all. I was desperate today so took the norco. Now hoping I don't get nauseated.
Also, I have restless leg before surgery, now it's even worse. Anyone else have it? And if so, any advice?
 
I have trouble with those medications causing some nausea also, so I try and sleep when I have to take something heavy duty.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Had PT today. I still have some bleeding. The PT called doctors nurse and she said to just go easy on PT and then see what happens by Monday. Has anyone had bleeding/drainage this far out? My surgery was January 9th. No staples. The OS used glue.
 
Hang in there....as much as you think it won't, it will get better. I had the same issues with Norco following my 2nd TKR; my ortho Rx'd Nucynta (Tapentadol); it did the trick and I tolerated it much better.

Wishing you the best.....
 
If the drainage increases, the incision gets red and hot then you have to worry about it. Keep it clean and dry. Don't put anything on it unless your OS has told you to do so.
 
When I was released, I couldn't take Norco and was given Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen). I stepped down to Tramadol and Percocet, then Tramadol and Tylenol. The Percocet is for the heavier pain. I'm assuming they have you on an anti inflammatory. I would contact your doctors office on Monday if I was you - pain management and the drainage. Here's to a good night sleep for you
 
Just checking in on your thread today. I'm sorry your having the ongoing pain and drainage. I hope your plan for tonight worked and you got some relief. Please be gentle with yourself. Spend as much time as you can elevated and iced. I'll be sending good island healing waves your way. There is light at the end of the tunnel your going to get a glimpse soon!
 
@Red's Mom Thank you for checking in on me. I am a little concerned. The PT is not doing anything but gentle PT because of the drainage I have. I am concerned because my ROM is only 65 but my extension is a negative 23. I'm concerned if this doesn't change they may have to do a MUA.
 
hi!

i've been reading your posts and sorry you are having a rough time. i have nausea issues related to post hernia repair and gi stuff. did they tell you to allow the zofran to melt on your tongue? if they didn't and you just take it like a regular pill, it doesn't do much. i just use it when things get bad and usually it relieves the nausea quickly. for my ongoing nausea issues, i take phenagran in the morning before breakfast and before dinner. it has helped me a lot.

this forum is so wonderful, people going through same experiences, sharing and caring. we are so lucky that bone smart is here.

k
 
@RMasano I'm going to encourage you not to even think about a MUA. If your knee is still actively bleeding it must be very inflamed in there. When do you see your OS? Try to rest, elevate and ice as much as possible.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@RMasano so sorry hear about what you're going through! Demand to see the OS. Remember, you are a paying customer!
 
I wouldn't worry about an MUA this early, you aren't a month post op yet. With your drainage problem you don't want to do too much. Use this time to ice/elevate and give it time to heal. What does the drainage look like? If it is still draining I would ask to see the OS as well.
 
It is a dark red. Not a lot. The size of a quarter. It is just in one spot. Had a bad day today. I know it is normal, but the tears came from nowhere. Urgh!!!! I am normally not like this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom