Guest viewing is limited

THR On the other side in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope it was a deformity in my left hip only, right on is good.
 
Everyone is mentioning pelvic tilt.
It dawns on me I am not sure if you are talking about a tilt that is causing the leg length problem or is caused by it.
That's a good point but in truth, most of the LLD are caused by the pelvic tilt not the other way around. The only way to know for sure if there is a true LLD is by measuring bone to bone and not by either comparing when standing or measuring superficial land marks like groin creases. I've explained it better here LLD (leg length differential)
 
Okay, you were right and the surgeon was right and I was wrong.
:DOH::DOH:

I had another look at the Xray taken on the 10 day mark,
Yes my pelvis is tilted in the normal direction, making my left leg longer.
If I compare the sockets, it is very obvious.

[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

I consciously tilted it the other way and tried walking, it feels much more normal to walk that way.
I also am my normal height if I consciously tilt it back.

It feels like I am tilting it, but by the Xray I am just bringing it back to level.
I am sure things will level out in time all by themselves.

You were right!:thumb:
 
Hi John, love the fig leaf :)

Yes, time will tell on the LLD and pelvic tilt.. Fingers crossed :)
 
My pelvis is tilted AND rotated - which made the op leg 2" longer. My PT was able to correct this situation by doing some kind of nifty yanking and twisting movement directly to my pelvis. He got me down to 3/8 - 1/2" difference that stayed in place after 3 visits. I wasn't cleared for PT until 5 months out - but it's something that you might ask about. I'm sure it is a combination of time, exercises, and the "thing" he did that seems to have done the trick.
 
John, you are lucky: the legs bones on your BOTH sides look very strong.
In my case the left leg bones (OA hip side) look much thinner and weaker (less bright) than the right leg bones. This is likely the result of underloading the left side for a while. My bone is probably more at risk of fracture during surgery...
 
Hi John - glad to read of your measured progress !! Sometimes not apparent day-to-day, but week to week is frequently rewarding. Keep up the good work.

Kevin
 
I got my release to return to work today too.:yay:

Surgeon said I was progressing faster than average and everything looks good.

Got my pelvis straightened out for the most part, not limping anymore.

He agreed that I am at about 30% of the ultimate bone strength but that the prosthesises were a VERY tight fit, and he was not worried about me shifting them and I have very strong bones so breakage is not too much of an issue.:biggrin:

[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

I overdid it yesterday, I was on my feet for about 4 hours. very sore today, be laying down a lot.
 
John,

I'd say to expect work to take more out of you than you expect. I don't know how flexible you can be to be able to back off if needed...but it may be needed...

Good luck! :ok:

Z
 
Got my pelvis straightened out for the most part, not limping anymore.

WOW!! I'd say so, that x-ray is awesome and noticeably different from the previous one that you posted.

Great report from your OS, you must be thrilled!!
Have a nice weekend & maybe a bike ride to celebrate.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Cardie, I am thrilled, It's like I am normal again, At least for short periods, I can walk without thinking about it.

And yes John, I can, fortunately be very flexible, I can go home anytime if things become too much. But I should be okay since my job is just sitting in a comfy chair and occasionally looking at the computer screen.
 
Actually, I think it's a hosta, isn't it?
Could be, it is off of one of my wife's house plants.

Back at work Tuesday and today.
Pretty tired and sore but bearable.
I would not have thought sitting at a computer would make things as sore as it does.

No joint pain, just all weak muscles.
 
Easy does it John! Work and all it entails is a major energy drain. And yes - sitting for any length of time is very hard for some hippies. Be sure and get up every 30 minutes or so. The stiffness can really be a downer.

Take care!
 
John,

I **THOUGHT** that I get up from my desk a LOT...that is my image of how i work (in my home office)

But I can't tell you how often I start to get up and feel like my hip needs a blast of WD40 and realize I haven't gotten up in 90 min or 2 hours...

So whatever you can do to avoid that is worthwhile...I just get on mtgs or in a proj and the time "flies by" (not really...i just don't get up from my chair...)

Z
 
set the alarm on your computer to warn you every 30 mins and then just get up and do a couple of circuits round the room. That's all you need.
 
Yes, it is hard when you work and forget the time. I also work from home and if I don't get up every hour or so, I am very stiff.
My at home computer broke on Tuesday and so I went to my regular office. I only worked four hours, but what a difference from working at home. I was so stiff even though I thought I got up quite often.
I think I will go for a walk now, been sitting to long again. :wink1:
Bea
 
I am just going through the same "adjustment" to working extended hours. I too "forget" to get up and walk around and still get very stiff if I have not moved.

Jo suggestion is a good one. Just one circuit of a room or walking to the kitchen to make a tea or coffee is all you need. Our bodies were not made to sit for hours and hours. Get moving Smarties! :happy dance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom