Guest viewing is limited

THR On the other side in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you survived that little trip you took. Not the kind of trip any of us want to take but its bound to happen to all of us sooner or later so I will wait for the later, much much later.
 
A big milestone John. Lifting that leg (finally) - what a great feeling. But it's like that - one day impossible the next you are there!

Thanks for sharing your kitties. Love the shots. Do you rescue cats and rehome? Gosh - I think I would end up with a housefull!
 
Thanks for sharing your kitties. Love the shots. Do you rescue cats and rehome? Gosh - I think I would end up with a housefull!

We just save kitties where we find them, some we keep and some we have to find homes for. 3 of Dave's siblings went to a pet shop.
 
Wow, things are progressing quickly better, I have hours and days with no pain or swelling.
We are riding our bikes for SHORT rides most every day.
I forgot to take ibuprofen yesterday at all and barely noticed.:yes 4:

Every night is pain free and I am sleeping through the night except when the cats run out of dry food.:snork:

Yes I realize my bone is still very fragile and I am being very careful, My wife reminds me every minute or so.:sigh:
 
John,

How frustrating is it to remember TOO LATE that you didn't put out the food for the furry friends...

You ride bikes outside?? I've been doing about 30 min on the stationary bike each day....but it is really COLD and a bit ICY here...

Glad the pain is gone as much as you describe... :thumb:

Z
 
Hello John in Seattle from Donna in the Tri-Cities! Nice to meet someone from my state :thumb: You sound like you are doing great. I will have to try that picturing how to fall thing. Nothing scares me more :DOH: Great idea!
 
Hi John,
I have Downer too for my R THR Anterior Ceramic on Feb 13. Was yours done in Ballard? How are you doing now?
 
Hello John in Seattle from Donna in the Tri-Cities! Nice to meet someone from my state :thumb: You sound like you are doing great. I will have to try that picturing how to fall thing. Nothing scares me more :DOH: Great idea!

The visualizing and feeling how you want your body to react has worked great for me all my life.
It has saved me several times when I fell running.
But one time it kind of backfired, I fell and rolled like I wanted but there was a deep ditch of muddy water there, I rolled right into it. :DOH:But I didn't get hurt, just VERY VERY dirty.
 
Hi John,
I have Downer too for my R THR Anterior Ceramic on Feb 13. Was yours done in Ballard? How are you doing now?

Yes it was, I am doing great, mostly pain free and right on track.

The only two complaints I have are:
My leg is 1/2 a inch longer than it ever used to be, I need to get an insert for my other shoe.
The hospital service is not very good, my normal hospital is Virginia Mason and they have great customer service, Swedish just doesn't.
But I would still go to Downer, as everyone says he is the best and so far the hip is working great.
 
John,

You ride bikes outside?? I've been doing about 30 min on the stationary bike each day....but it is really COLD and a bit ICY here...

Z

We have had some 60 deg sunny days here, that's 16 deg C for you metric minded guys over there.

The temperature is not that rare here, it rarely gets below 40 much, just rains nonstop from October til June.

The sunny is unusual and we took advantage of it.

Me on my bike.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

Wife's bile, don't have a picture of her on it.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

Just my bike.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.
 
Good stuff, John.

I just went for a walk (1.3 miles) and it was 27 degrees here...with plenty of ICY patches along the way. Fine enough for walking....but certainly not biking.

Can you move your leg quickly enough to catch yourself when you need to stop fast? It looks like your wife's bike does not require that....

Z
 
We ride only on trails were quick stops are not an issue. But I am good for one or two before things get tired.
Back to our standard rain here now, so no more biking for me for a while.:cry4:
 
Sounds like you are doing very well John. Well done!
 
Hey John -

Just getting caught up on your activities and jealous of your sunshine and temps for biking. Good on you for cranking out some miles while the weather cooperated. I've never been on a recumbent (is that what your's is?) - what are the pros & cons. I did a ride before my 2nd surgery and the 1st hip reminded me for 3 days that I over did it on my hybrid. So when the weather allows, I'll have to ease back into it. Glad to read you are doing well.

Kevin
 
Recumbents are very very comfortable to ride, no butt pain or weight on your shoulders. Much like sitting in a lawn chair.
The drawback is that it is not very maneuverable or easy to get started, so we only ride on paved bike trails, which suits us fine as we don't like to ride near traffic in any case.
 
Well done John with the biking.... I hope the rain is easing for you.

I have an electric bike, which operates like a normal bike, but allows me to kick in the motor if I start to get tired.. It has been a couple of years since I have used it, but soon hopefully...

I also have an electric trike.. Which is a lot of fun.. That first I think and then the two wheeler...

Have fun and take care.
 
Yes when my wife had her knees replaced she went to a trike and is now on her recumbent trike. She loves it.
 
John....don't be in a hurry to get a shoe insert. You need to allow several months of working on your gait so that your pelvis can realign itself from its previous tilted position.
 
John....don't be in a hurry to get a shoe insert. You need to allow several months of working on your gait so that your pelvis can realign itself from its previous tilted position.

But my pelvis wasn't tilted before the surgery. I didn't wait until my joint wore out. it was just starting to show signs of wear.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom