Guest viewing is limited

Right Knee 1 year old today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhondavous

member
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
129
Location
United States
Hi friends...Today is 1 year since first RTKR. Hard to believe 1 year has passed already. My left knee is 5 months old and counting. Feels like I am recovering faster with left knee than right. Maybe because I knew what to expect 2nd time around. Thank goodness I only have 2 knees.

I can walk all over without much pain in knees but I still have back pain that I believe was started by surgery. I am going to a chiropractor and I get regular massages. I found a new pain doc that sent me for an MRI and will soon be getting more injections in sacrum & coccyx as that is where my pain is coming from. It didn't show any degenerating discs or bulging discs, just some artheritis. I can stand for long periods of time but I can't sit. I try to stay as active as I can but the movies and long car rides do me in. I go anyway.

My husband took me for a car trip to LA to visit the Jewerly mart and bought me a beautiful new diamond ring for our 12th anniversary.:jump: I was waiting for my back to get better and decided not to put it off any longer. Life has to move forward. I made me a bed in the back seat but I just kept shifting around from side to side. I didn't use it.

My knees still get a little stiff and swell if I'm doing too much, but that's life. It's definitely better than the "bone on bone" action I used to get. I know from being in this forum that "this too shall pass".

I am so glad I had this forum to read and educate myself on my knee replacements. It is good to know that I am not alone. Thanks again for listening..Happy Birthday to me!..Rhonda
 
Happy birthday to your knee!!! And happy anniversary.....how exciting that you have a new diamond ring!
 
That is great, Rhonda! And a lovely new rock as well! woo hooo!
 
Thanks, my husband has been my biggest cheerleader through this whole thing. We need good support and close friends and this forum. Enen if I don't post much, I try to read everything.
 
Happy anniversary!! Love your attitude. I think we have all come to realize that recovery is a long journey with a few potholes along the way. But life wthout the pain of bone on bone does make it worthwhile
 
Happy Anniversary Rhonda!
I, too found that my LTKR seemed less of an ordeal than the right.
However, nobody bought me a diamond ring!
Oh well at least I have two great knees!
Enjoy!!!

Cheers, Ross:ch-w:
 
Congratulations Rhonda,

Just letting life happen feels good!! I am so happy to hear that your life if moving on and in a great direction. I am three weeks out from my second knee---already thinking ski thoughts!! Kelly
 
Okay, Ross....here's virtual diamond for you....

[Bonesmart.org] Right Knee 1 year old today!
 
Happy Anniversary! Doesn't it feel wonderful one year later! Both my knees are behaving very well, feeling strong. I'm still working on the quads but doing very good! And I'm probly the oldest on this forum., 75 years young. If I can do it you younguns should all do great.
 
Thanks for all your best wishes, now to work on the allergies! The wind has been blowing for a good 2 weeks stirring up the pollen.

Skigirl...Cudos to you for wanting to go back to skiing. I played doubles tennis for 27 years but don't know if I'll ever get back on the court.

Jaime...Love that virtual diamond ring, mine is a marquis.

Oldie...You may be an "oldie" but you're a goodie. I wish I would have been able to wait until I was 75 to get er done.

Sporthog...I wish I was as active as your jumping pig....Thanks again everyone for your support....Rhonda
 
Happy first anniversary! I'm looking forward to a year from now. I appreciate all of the positive stories of experiences from those who have had the joints replaced and recovery is behind them.
Martha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom