Guest viewing is limited

THR On the other side in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:snork: Right now I need to take my own advice! I have a bout of S/I joint pain/stiffness. Seen the chiro twice this week but though it's slowly improving, it's also somewhat stubborn. Doesn't help that I sit on my settee to work at the computer and can easily find that 3-4 hours have passed and I haven't got off my but once! As a result, when I do get up, I walk through to the kitchen like a very old and infirm 70 yr old!
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.


:hysterical:
Am I stupid or what?
 
The last two days I have been following your advice and getting up everytime I think of it.
Feeling MUCH better, not stiff at all.:thumb:
 
:thumb: Well done John! Me too! The days are much better when you keep moving. Hard I know as we get involved in our work!
 
Hey John,

So how goes the work thing...and are all your parts feeling better now than 2 weeks ago??

Z
 
Hey John,

So how goes the work thing...and are all your parts feeling better now than 2 weeks ago??

Z

I would say I am feeling 100% normal:biggrin::yes 4::yahoo:
I know intellectually I am still a bit fragile and still need to build up stamina but I absolutely have zero issues from my leg, length, limp, or anything to do with the left hip.:cat-kittyandsmiley:, zero, zip, nada.

I have been happy and smiling a whole lot in the last week or so.

Sleeping on that side at night, rolling over both directions, getting in the car normally, etc.etc.

I was working around the house on Saturday for about 12 hours, standing and walking the entire time, my feet were sore but that was it!.:hapydancsmil:

I want to yell out in the mornings, NOTHING HURTS! But my wife:sleep: would hit me and remedy that problem.
 
John,

"I would say I am feeling 100% normal:biggrin::yahoo:"



That is just about the biggest rave review I have seen on this board! Fantastic.

And to think back on how long you struggled with the swelling early on...you made a big time turn around!

Great to hear....keep doing whatever you are doing (...or not doing!!)

Z
 
Hey I noticed that I am a member now. When do I get to be a graduate? Do I need to have the other hip done too? :wink1:
 
What a wonderful report, Costco-man!!

:ccheers:Here's to you and your wife with your bionic joints -- may you have many wonderful bike adventures this spring

Take care,
Cardie
 
:ccheers:Here's to you and your wife with your bionic joints -- may you have many wonderful bike adventures this spring
My wife had been waking up at night with her hips hurting, she claims it is just muscle pain. I am asking her to get an Xray and or cortisone injection to see if it is joint related, but she won't, she is as stubborn as she claims I am. :snork:
 
Maybe it is muscle pain that is related to how she uses her legs/knees and would be something that PT or an exercise program could help with...

Sometimes stubborn is good (IMHO) or she could try a sports medicine orthopaedic that is not a surgeon...
Cardie
 
Hi John,

That's great news! Do you feel like your leg length difference is gone now? It seems like that happened overnight!
 
Hi John,

That's great news! Do you feel like your leg length difference is gone now? It seems like that happened overnight!

It did pretty much go away in about 3 days.

As soon as I had the epiphany that my pelvis tilt was the problem, I was able to force it back the other way, which made for me getting some very funny looks when I was at work.

I could have been on the ministry of silly walks for a couple of days there. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b558kjihQQg

Mostly leveled out now, just have to think of it a bit so I don't have a hitch in my getalong when I walk.
 
Hey John..... Love the video, but don't you try that or I will have to fly over from OZ to stop your enthusiasm heheheh
 
I had asked about health care spending account amounts in the pre op forum, I finally have the bottom line.

Billed
$61,234.44

Actually paid
$34,396.60

My part
$1,800.00

So I wound up paying $1800 from my health care spending account for my new hippy.
I set aside $3600 so there is lots left for the dentist and such, time for a crown or two.
 
:hysterical: Love the video, John - that is a wonderful way to start a Monday!

And I like your accounting too -
 
Great Video! He's one of my all time favorites always good for a giggle!

Wow the cost of the surgery is amazing, I started to see my bills on the insurance site and thought gulp! I just started to get my home nurse and therapy bills and was a little surprised on the $35 co-payment in the big scheme it's not much then again it adds up. Hey it takes away from my Costco expeditions hehehehehehe!

Glad you are doing well!

xxooxx
 
Having experiences both US and UK health systems I am not at all surprised with your expenses. But I am sure some of our non-US member might be very surprised at the cost. :thud:

Glad you have extra left to spend!
 
Giddy John, I have not been on the computer for a while. Read your post seems like every one has different problems. I had my hip opp in Oct 11, been back at work for quiet a while. I have really just started to feel normal again, the muscle does take a while to heal. keep up the good work, lots of walking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom